Why Evangelicals Are Voting for Trump

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I do honor the Office... My dad taught me to honor God, Family, and Country... and if someone was going to do the President harm... I would intervene in any way I could.... but I don't like the lies.

I was an avid listener to WAVA.... for years.... and you all know I've been reading the Bible..... I just cannot understand how Christians are getting such a twisted story..... it's either he's a pig or he's sent by a god..... it can't be both.

I don't like abortions.... to me it's like those people who fired up that statue of their god until it was white hot and they laid a baby on it and sang to cover the screams of the baby being seared to death on a hot idol. I make no bones about hating what people do to babies...

I don't like murder either.... if you stop women from having safe abortions.... they will have the abortion anyway.... it's murder if you deny a woman healthcare. Should that woman I know.... who is the mother of a preacher... who had an abortion be jailed for what she did? She's a good little Christian woman.... she raised a preacher.... she had an abortion.... she respects trump.... she says he was doing his duty when he ordered the border guards to spray pepper spray at the babies so the parents would stop coming here.

I am ProLife..... I don't want women to do away with babies.... there is always someone who would be a great parent to that unwanted child...... I don't want the women to die either..... AND.... should I add.... I don't want someone to off me just because I'm old and half blind and in the way..... now that I'm almost 70.

If we were all just kind to one another.... we wouldn't need this conversation..... but we are mean to each other... only see our viewpoint... and we might even think we are trying to "save" one another from some secret truth. A friend of mine says she had to go through therapy after finding out that her religion was fake.... she was in that church all her life... and then she learned it wasn't really what she thought it was.... she had a nervous breakdown.....

If we were just kind to one another.... we would be following the second commandment that Jesus talked about.... and that has got to be better than what we have been going through in 2020.....

Conversation requires two opinions.... and mine is probably wrong in your eyes.... but it's mine... and I have been trying to figure it out... I'm reading the instruction manual.... and so far.... yep... he's a pig... I respect the office.... but he's a pig... just like King Saul was.....IMHO

I'll pray before I vote.... I'm already in prayer about it... and if the majority votes for him... I'll grit my teeth through another four years... if that's what God has planned.....

☕
:tap:

SamSpade

Conversation requires two opinions.... and mine is probably wrong in your eyes.... but it's mine... and I have been trying to figure it out... I'm reading the instruction manual.... and so far.... yep... he's a pig... I respect the office.... but he's a pig... just like King Saul was.....IMHO

BUT - David ALSO refused to lift a finger against the Lord's anointed - even if he felt - that God made a mistake. And he did it twice - because he trusted God. According to the book of Hebrews, Abraham trusted God when he was asked to sacrifice Isaac because he reasoned that God could bring him back from the dead - because - he believed that God would NEVER welch on his promise. Because faith involves trusting God when reason says otherwise.

David had the chance to KILL THE LORD'S ANOINTED - TWICE- but refused.

You don't have to LIKE Trump. I sure as hell didn't like Clinton at all, and wasn't so sure about Obama. But GOD allowed their rise to power, and I respected his decision. I certainly considered Clinton a pig although I never publicly called him one. Personally - I think taking a call from a foreign ambasssador WHILE GETTING A BLOWJOB from an intern strikes me as disgusting - but he was our President.

In my experience - we typically want our immediate superior to be nice - to US - but we want the guy at the top to be as tough as humanly possible. We want this because the nice guy approach seems morally acceptable but realistically ridicuous because people exploit weakness. If your top boss isn't a mean SOB you are --- screwed. It's one of those trade-offs for being a Christian - we relegate extreme offensive behavior to someone ELSE because it's convenient to do so - but the truth is, we NEED them. It's very much like capital punishment - biblically we're supposed to forgive but practically - we're ok with having them killed and facing judgment like everyone else. And according to the Bible - that's ok.

I am not ever under the impression that selecting a President has much to do with biblical principles - but I also see that the Democratic Party increasingly is opposed to ANY expression of religion, because they regard it with contempt. I am forced to promote the Republican Party, because they alone have the chance to protect the freedom of religion - the VERY FIRST freedom protected by the Bill of Rights.