Why Men and Women Can Never Be ‘Just Friends’

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
That's crap. My best friend of many years is a guy. He doesn't look to me for masculine companionship - he has other guys for that - and he certainly doesn't seek me out for my "kindness, thoughtfulness, sensitivity, support, and nurturing heart".

:roflmao:

(I hope he sees that - he will die :lmao:)

We seek each other out because we are each other's friend who will tell it straight, no sugar. We all tiptoe a bit in our romantic relationships because we don't want to provoke or offend our SO, and that is as it should be. With a male/female close friendship there are no such boundaries, and that is refreshing. He doesn't act right in front of me because he wants sex; he lets it all hang out with me so he can act right in front of his woman so she will give him sex. It's the same with Monello - I would never talk in front of him like I talk to my bestie. It's very similar to a brother/sister bond (not that I have any brothers, but I see my son and daughter in action).

I think everyone should have a close friend of the opposite sex. They bring a perspective to the table that your same-sex friends don't.
:mad:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
My son is going through a bit of a break up or at least that is what I think is happening and he called his bestie over last night (a female) and although they hadn't spoken in a bit, they were laughing and giggling in no time. I thought it was wonderful because she can provide validation to what I already said. Sometimes you need friends of the opposite sex to provide you that sort of insight.

I am glad she was there and plans to be back here tonight just to hang out. They have known each other for at least 12 years, maybe longer.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The "best man" at my second wedding was female. My wife had a "bride's guy". And before anyone comments, they were both straight.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The "best man" at my second wedding was female. My wife had a "bride's guy". And before anyone comments, they were both straight.

I was Best Man at my bestie's latest wedding. I even upheld the tradition and offered to drive the getaway car in case he wanted to make a run for it. I didn't get him a stripper, though.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It was a bit of a shotgun marriage, happened quickly. Otherwise I'd have taken him out and gotten him drunk. I take my responsibilities seriously.
I guess my best friend, or the friend I've known and been in contact with the longest is a female.
We started out as friends and "it" never happened. She dated a couple of my friends, which didn't last long.
Seemed like I was more her big brother - well the big brother that was around. Her parents "adopted" me. Not that I lived at their house, but when I was over I wasn't a "guest", I was a member of the family. Even to this day.