Why one cop carries 145 rounds of ammo on the job

black dog

Free America
Do your own homework. This isn't high school.

You made the statement.. You bullet knowledge is lacking, fmj ammo tends to travel throught things it hits like people walls and things that without delivering much hydrostatic shock.
Dont really have those problems with expanding bullets...

My whole adult life i have and have had many friends and family in LE.
I shoot a match or three every month I can since i was kid, never once have I ever met, seen or talked to a LEO that is or has been issued ball/full metal jacket ammo for on the job carry.
Training and practice.... Sure but not for people....

Last edited:

DaSDGuy

You made the statement.. You bullet knowledge is lacking, fmj ammo tends to travel throught things it hits like people walls and things that without delivering much hydrostatic shock.
Dont really have those problems with expanding bullets...

My whole adult life i have and have had many friends and family in LE.
I shoot a match or three every month I can since i was kid, never once have I ever met, seen or talked to a LEO that is or has been issued ball/full metal jacket ammo for on the job carry.
Training and practice.... Sure but not for people....
Ok, fine. My son and son-in-law are both active St Marys County sheriff deputies. Those are my informed sources. And they both agree with my statement. They also think you are a pompous tool spouting useless words. So unless you wear the badge too, how about you just stfu.

black dog

Free America
Ok, fine. My son and son-in-law are both active St Marys County sheriff deputies. Those are my informed sources. And they both agree with my statement. They also think you are a pompous tool spouting useless words. So unless you wear the badge too, how about you just stfu.

Prove it....
Have them give you a copy of there Armorers Approved List of Ammunition they can and do carry for work....And post it..
You do know that most in LE are not knowledgeable gun folks...lol

Kinnakeet

I was fortunate to shoot a few thousand of the first Navy 190 grain 300 win mag loads , even with a 16 lb 700 it was the most violent rifle I have fired extensively... Its an impressive load.
It and then the 220 grain load pushed that cartridge capabilities out past 1,500 yds at about 1.1 moa.
Ive never shot a rum nor do I know its capabilities. If I had the chance I would.
RUM is similar to the win mag shoulder killer but a SIMs recoil pad reduces felt recoil quit a bit

Kinnakeet

Prove it....
Have them give you a copy of there Armorers Approved List of Ammunition they can and do carry for work....And post it..
This is the truth I know a few LEO that only shoot or even have a gun because of the job