Wild Cat

I

Inkpen

Yummm I love tender lil kittens.:whistle:

So do owls, raccoons, opossums, foxes (gray and red) hawks, dogs and in some areas, coyotes.
Nature keeping the feral cat population in check.

Protein is protein, be it a mouse, rat, bunny or kitty.

F

finickyfilly

So do owls, raccoons, opossums, foxes (gray and red) hawks, dogs and in some areas, coyotes.
Nature keeping the feral cat population in check.

Protein is protein, be it a mouse, rat, bunny or kitty.
to Inkpen
You take such an innocent post and then you come back with such doom and gloom. Chill
Its probably a cat that someone moved away and just left to fend for itself.
Or dropped off to be someone elses problem. I hope you are able to trap it and get it to be fixed.

I

Inkpen

Truth hurts...so do rabies shots after being exposed to a rabid cat.

You have a problem with this statement take it up with your vet, health department, CDC, WHO..etc.

FYI: Horses have tested positive for rabies...
Are your horses vaccinated?

And this person has not taken up offer to have cat trapped...

She admits she is not allowed pets, yet continues to feed them on her deck.

Is this a good thing or stupid thing?

If you feed it, fix it...and not wait 4 weeks or more to do it.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

You have a problem with this statement take it up with your vet, health department, CDC, WHO..etc.

Once again, or, as always, your ass is showing. If you were NICER, people would listen.

F

finickyfilly

Inkpen you do alot of good for wild life...its just the way you blast folks...OH and all my animals are vaccinated. education is best, you are providing it just tone it down a bit

I

Inkpen

Once again, or, as always, your ass is showing. If you were NICER, people would listen.

Nicer does not get the message across when I was nice and offered help a month ago..

Should I say, "Pretty please do not feed the kitties?"
You are such a nice lady to feed the kitties on your deck and to feed the raccoons and the opossums..such a nice lady..."

No..becasue to do so is enabling.

I offered help..and a month later she is STILL feeding the cats and the wildlife..

I will not enable anyone here to continue adding to the feral/stray cat problems...and who put wildlife at risk.
Period.

And I am glad FF vaccinated her horses against rabies and other deadly diseases.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Nicer does not get the message across when I was nice and offered help a month ago..

You are such a nice lady to feed the kitties on your deck and to feed the raccoons and the opossums..such a nice lady..."

I offered help..and a month later she is STILL feeding the cats and the wildlife..

I will not enable anyone here to continue adding to the feral/stray cat problems...and who put wildlife at risk.
Period.

And I am glad FF vaccinated her horses against rabies and other deadly diseases.

I understand your passion. I just think you come across so harsh that you turn people away from what you are trying to accomplish. You get more flies with honey or whatever that saying is. Try PM'ing the people instead of bashing them on the forums.

I

Inkpen

Inkpen you do alot of good for wild life...its just the way you blast folks...OH and all my animals are vaccinated. education is best, you are providing it just tone it down a bit

Maybe I am a bit overboard, but after dealing with so many stupid and mean people ALL DAY..and to come here and offer help and after a month this woman is still feeding the cats??? And wildlife and thinks it is cute and OK???

God bless her..perhaps if I pray for her she will STOP before more problem are encountered and animals have to die for her stupidity...and it is stupidity.

You know if one of her strays (and if she feeds them, they are hers) scratches someone, that cat looses it life..and its brain taken apart and tissue tested for the rabies virus?

And this is fact...not something made up.

So perhaps harsh is needed to get this woman to listen up and stop feeding the cats!!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Maybe I am a bit overboard, but after dealing with so many stupid and mean people ALL DAY..and to come here and offer help and after a month this woman is still feeding the cats??? And wildlife and thinks it is cute and OK???

God bless her..perhaps if I pray for her she will STOP before more problem are encountered and animals have to die for her stupidity...and it is stupidity.

You know if one of her strays (and if she feeds them, they are hers) scratches someone, that cat looses it life..and its brain taken apart and tissue tested for the rabies virus?

So perhaps harsh is needed to get this woman to listen up and stop feeding the cats!!

You should transfer your passion to abused kids.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

Period.

I feed the deer. Problem with that?

F

finickyfilly

This is a problem, it will always be a problem, seems you could talk or post nasty till you are blue in the face but for some it will still be a problem. Scare tactics dont work anymore. obviously. I feel for you, and give you support trying to make a point. Just dont get so upset and slam folks your gonna blow a gasket.

I

Inkpen

You should transfer your passion to abused kids.

Why..there are SO may public and private agencies to help abused kids and laws to punish the abusers.

And people CARE about abused kids way more than they do about abused wildlife.

Not to mention the billions of dollars spent annualy on abused kids compared to the meager hundreds for abused wildlife.

I

Inkpen

I feed the deer. Problem with that?

DNR has a problem with it...but hunters do it all the time to fatten up the deer to kill them later.
There is a condition called wasting disese that is thought to be releated to the offering ans use of salt blocks for deer.

I dont, as long as you are not doing it in your backyard..
Do it a good distance away to prevent the spillover animals from causing problems.

Know what spillover animals are?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
DNR has a problem with it...but hunters do it all the time to fatten up the deer to kill them later.
There is a condition called wasting disese that is thought to be releated to the offering ans use of salt blocks for deer.

I dont, as long as you are not doing it in your backyard..
Do it a good distance away to prevent the spillover animals from causing problems.

Know what spillover animals are?

No. :shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Period.

I only fed the birds and hummingbirds and look what happened to my dogs. It could have been much worse. And about 6 years ago, I fed a stray for a month or so until I decided what to do with him. That decision was made easy after a fox decided to visit my deck every night and challenge the cat for food. I brought the cat and the food bowl in and never set food out again.

I feel your pain, Inkpen. I try posting my opinions about animals, etc. and offer assistance. People just consider us lunatics. I don't really bother much anymore. I do what I can for the animals and leave the people alone. :lol:

Like you say, when you deal constantly with abused and mistreated animals you tend to become a little extreme in your thinking.

I

Inkpen

I only fed the birds and hummingbirds and look what happened to my dogs. It could have been much worse. And about 6 years ago, I fed a stray for a month or so until I decided what to do with him. That decision was made easy after a fox decided to visit my deck every night and challenge the cat for food. I brought the cat and the food bowl in and never set food out again.

I feel your pain, Inkpen. I try posting my opinions about animals, etc. and offer assistance. People just consider us lunatics. I don't really bother much anymore. I do what I can for the animals and leave the people alone. :lol:

Like you say, when you deal constantly with abused and mistreated animals you tend to become a little extreme in your thinking.

ANd not only a little extreme..a tad pissed off at times..and I am sorry if I seem harsh in this..but when you are dealing with some nasty diseases that ccan be passed on from wildlife to humans, one needs to be up in you face harsh.

I was in Office Depot last night ans found a tiny mouse on the floor,,,pick him up and brought him home. Office Depot says they dont put out poison for the mice in the store..they have an exterminator 1 x a week who used traps..
Humm..
Well this mouse looks like it has neuro damage form poisons....

Dude at register wanted it to feed to his pet snake. We talked a bit aout his snake from Brazile...hatched at his house..with no immunity from critters in its wild home range.
I asked if it was wise to feed a sick mouse to his snake?
He thought is would be cool....
I said "it would be cool to put his snake at risk from eating a sick mouse?"
He did not get it.
I took the mouse and left...
So it is a mouse, found living in a new store...on a plot of land that was covered with wildlife not too long ago...and all it is doing is trying to survive as nature intended.

That is all they all are trying to do, to survive in a world we have claimed domain over and we are doing so much damage, someone has to be Up In Your Face in their defence.

Leaving now to do my thing.....

I

Inkpen

No. :shrug:

Spillover animals:

You put out corn for the deer...they eat some of the corn...and leave ...
raccoons come up and nibble on some of it....and leave...
opossums come up to check out the smell of the coons..figuring they found good stuff to eat...opossums nibble some kernals..and leave...
Mice find corn and eat a lot of it...and stash a lot of it...
Squirrels find the corn in daytime and ear a lot and stach a lotof it away..

Jays and crows love corn,...and come and eat and others come and eat...

If in an open area, a hawk might buzz thru hoping to carch a brid for dinner...
Owls hunt the mice at night...

Snakes are now attracted to the pile of corn ..they have come for the mice...
Black snakes, (good guys) copperheads, (bad guys) and other rodent eating snakes..

All these are spillover animals.

The spillover from feeding one primary animals creats a mini unnatural ecosystem for animals and "pests".

When the deer food is gone, the spillovers will look for more easy food and begin to encroach on your property, your deck, barn, shed, etc.

I also am a Widlife Control Cooperator...mean I deal with pest calls, problem critters and half of my time is spent educating the homeower about how to keep animals away...and 99% of the people have birdfeeders on their property.
The #1 source for spillover species.

Ask Catt about the damage the coons have done cause of thei love for humming bird feeders.
She has a lot of woods...and I mean a lot and there was no way to start trapping the coons out...no way...only way she could reduce the numbers of encounters was to remove all the feeders...

Coons did a lot of damage to her dogs and it was a momma coon looking for easy food to support her babies....

So learn from others and dont feed the wildlife unless you are willing to accept all the possible consequences for your choices...and any effect on your neighbors too.

:howdy:

Last edited by a moderator: