Wild hog shot in St. Marys

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
An Amish friend said several were shot and they feel there are at least 200 yes 200 running free..

I heard that someone shot a wild hog near Newtown Neck the other day. Anyone else hear about this?

Not sure if the pic attached or not. I took this (with permission) at Stauffer's in Loveville. I was told that there are about 20 hogs running in the area. I can't help but thing that everyone would be talking about 200!

This was about an 80 pound pig taken on opening day of MD firearm deer season.

Attachments

• 2011-12-03_20-11-00_456.jpg
    2011-12-03_20-11-00_456.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 308

ginwoman

Not sure if the pic attached or not. I took this (with permission) at Stauffer's in Loveville. I was told that there are about 20 hogs running in the area. I can't help but thing that everyone would be talking about 200!

This was about an 80 pound pig taken on opening day of MD firearm deer season.

WOW I don't know what to think about this. Are they dangerous to other animals and people?

Where did they come from?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
WOW I don't know what to think about this. Are they dangerous to other animals and people?

Where did they come from?

Extremely dangerous as they get larger and VERY VERY destructive to crops and gardens. Most of them probably just got loose from farms and are going feral.

Last edited:

dontknowwhy

if they escape, it only takes about 2 weeks for a domesticated pig to turn feral...many years ago, my uncle had about 8 get out...they stayed around the surrounding area in the woods. one came into our yard about 2 weeks later and was unrecognizable as a domesticated pig...it had grown a set of short tusks & was developing the razorback of a wild boar...

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
When I lived in Hawaii, the preferred method was a machete.
You get the pig to charge and while dodging the rush you hack his neck