Wildcard Weekend, Round 1 of Playoffs

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
1. Everyone is seeded,except the last two. Better luck next year to those who didn't make the playoffs. This will be sudden death!
The only points that matter are to those who go on to the next round.
Points will be kept track of starting wildcard eliminations.So the four with bye's need to turn in their picks.
The top 4 seeds get first round byes.
2. **Round 1 and 2 games are worth 2, 4, 6, and 8 points. Last game of week, turn in total points scored in game(to be used as a tiebreaker, closest to total without going over, or if both over, closest to total)
3. **Round 3 games are worth 5 and 10 points. Last game submit total points(as above)
4. Final round(Superbowl) If you both picked a different team ,,Game over to the winner."must use point spread unless the two players agree to give or take points, so the other will pick the opposing team..

If you pick the same team. Point spread gets chucked in the trash.
The winner will go to the one that has the most points. Additional points to be awarded during the superbowl..
Over/under with out going over 5pts,,,coin toss 3pts.
Half time over/under 5pts, first score 5pts, Team leading half 5pts,

** For rounds 1 and 2, there are 4 games, you designate 1 game as your 2 point game(least confident), 1 game as your 4 point game, 1 for 6 points and 1 for 8 points(your lock). Round 3, you will pick a 5 point game and 10 point game. I think this is self-explanatory, but if you have questions, ask or PM me.

Picks turned in by Friday midnight, you can either post them or PM them to me. After they are all turned in I will copy and paste them to the board.
No changes will be made after they are posted on the board!
If you fail to turn in your picks you are eliminated by default!

Line for this weekend
Saturday
INDIANAPOLIS -6½ Kansas City
SEATTLE -3 Dallas
Sunday
NEW ENGLAND -9 N.Y. Jets
PHILADELPHIA -6½ N.Y. Giants

SBK
DaddyO......??????
.................Otter................??????
.................Gumbo.............??????.......??????
Donbar.........??????
Airgasm -

MMDad
Buddylee......??????
................MainMan............??????........??????
................Firebrand............??????
BsGal...........??????
Larry

Good luck :yay:

Last edited:

gumbo

FIGHT CLUB !
Originally Posted by otter
Frankly, guys/girl, I am burnt on this, if anyone would like to do a playoff pool, I'd be more than happy to step aside.

Originally Posted by otter You're quite welcome, enjoyed it for the most part, tho the last few weeks have been drudgery. Have gotten very busy with work and just want to avoid the PC, spreadsheets and stats when I'm not at work. Hopefully someone will set something up for the playoffs.

I hear ya brotherman. :cheers:

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
This is waaaaaaaaaaay too complicated for me. I may have to quit. I don't get it.

MMDad

Lem Putt
BS Gal said:
This is waaaaaaaaaaay too complicated for me. I may have to quit. I don't get it.
Pick the four teams that you think will beat the spread this week. Rank your confidence in the wins, and give your best bet 8 and worst 2. For example, Philly was my best so it gets 8, and Dallas is worst so they get 2.

Then give a total score for the Philly game as a tie breaker.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
MMDad said:
Pick the four teams that you think will beat the spread this week. Rank your confidence in the wins, and give your best bet 8 and worst 2. For example, Philly was my best so it gets 8, and Dallas is worst so they get 2.

Then give a total score for the Philly game as a tie breaker.
Makes better sense. I'll have to print it out at work and look at it tomorrow. How come Larry and you have no question marks behind your
names? Is this a secret code?

MMDad

Lem Putt
BS Gal said:
Makes better sense. I'll have to print it out at work and look at it tomorrow. How come Larry and you have no question marks behind your
names? Is this a secret code?
Larry and you are competing this week. The winner goes on to face Firebrand next week. The ????? show the blanks on a normal tournament chart.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
MMDad said:
Larry and you are competing this week. The winner goes on to face Firebrand next week. The ????? show the blanks on a normal tournament chart.
WHAT??????