Wildcard Weekend, Round 1 of Playoffs

Kerad

Pete said:
Now that was a freaky game. I wonder if Romo will have a suicide watch on him?

:yeahthat:

That's a game neither team deserved to win. A couple of rough games today...both "winners" will probably be gone by the end of next week.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Pete said:
Even after he effed up the hold if he would have held the ball when he was tackled on the 1/2 yard line it would have been 1st and 10 Dallas. Dallas tries to punch it in a couple times and kicks a FG and wins. When he fumbled ONTOP of flubbing the hold he became a double goat.

Gramatica is the guy Parscells should kick. If he had blocked #27 for a nano second longer Romo scores a TD.

My heart is broken for Romo and the Cowboys.........NOT!

Looking at the replays, I don't think he made the first down..looked to me like he was down at the 1.5 yd line. If it had been the .5 yard line, they would have called the ground causing the fumble and they would have gotten a do-over. No reason to review the play on a 4th down and didn't make it fumble.

BuddyLee

Football addict
BS Gal said:
Excuse me. How am I doing in this playoff thingy?
P.S. you're up against Larry and after two games you lead 8-6.

However, it is only at the halfway mark.

You both picked the Jets for your 4 pointer so that game doesn't matter to you both.

The Philly/N.Y. Giants game matters most. If Philly beats the spread then you win 14-6. However, if the N.Y. Giants beat the spread then Larry ties the bout up 8-8 I believe.

I need some serious luck now! Go Jets and please score more than 44 points in the Philly/Giant game.:faint:

Pete

Repete
otter said:
Looking at the replays, I don't think he made the first down..looked to me like he was down at the 1.5 yd line. If it had been the .5 yard line, they would have called the ground causing the fumble and they would have gotten a do-over. No reason to review the play on a 4th down and didn't make it fumble.
So did they rule it down and a turn over on downs or did they call it a fumble? Either way he will be getting consoled by Carrie Underwood in an hour if he can escape Parcells.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Pete said:
:smack: It's not rocket science.
As I explained to you today, at your house, I have no idea what I'm doing. On the other hand, I'm riding over the bridge tomorrow with the little one. Want us to stop by and pick you up?

Last edited:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Kerad said:
:yeahthat:

That's a game neither team deserved to win. A couple of rough games today...both "winners" will probably be gone by the end of next week.
I think that Colts @ Ravens game is going to be superb. A great offense versus a great defense.:drool:

MMDad

Lem Putt
BuddyLee said:
Go Jets and please score more than 44 points in the Philly/Giant game.:faint:
I had to look back and forth five times to make sure you were right, and you are. :yay:

Good luck! (not)

BuddyLee

Football addict
MMDad said:
I had to look back and forth five times to make sure you were right, and you are. :yay:

Good luck! (not)
:lmao: I was really b*tching at Hasselback when he missed that two pointer to make it a three point lead.:doh:

Pete

Repete
otter said:
OK saw it again and he was down on the 2 so it would have been a turn over on downs.

Kerad

BuddyLee said:
I think that Colts @ Ravens game is going to be superb. A great offense versus a great defense.:drool:

The Ravens should destroy the Colts. Colts, away...outside...against a tough running team with a hard hitting defense? No way. The Colts are soft, as always. Herm blew it by having a Jr. High School game plan today...the Ravens won't be that stupid.

I wouldn't think.

Plus...you saw what the Steelers D did Peyton at Indy last year. The Ravens should be able to at least come close enough to that in Baltimore this year.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Kerad said:
The Ravens should destroy the Colts. Colts, away...outside...against a tough running team with a hard hitting defense? No way. The Colts are soft, as always. Herm blew it by having a Jr. High School game plan today...the Ravens won't be that stupid.

I wouldn't think.

Plus...you saw what the Steelers D did Peyton at Indy last year. The Ravens should be able to at least come close enough to that in Baltimore this year.
Ya' never know though. Most everyone thought Larry Johnson would have at least an o.k. day today. Most everyone thought that Romo could at least handle that long snap to send them into round 2. That's what's so great about the NFL and the game of football; so many bullwinkle know-it-all's (myself included) predicting truly the unpredictable.

Kerad

BuddyLee said:
Ya' never know though. Most everyone thought Larry Johnson would have at leat an o.k. day today. Most everyone thought that Romo could at least handle that long snap to send them into round 2. That's what's so great about the NFL and the game of football; so many bullwinkle know-it-all's (myself included) predicting truly the unpredictable.

Yeah...that's the thing. how many teams got beat because of an "automatic" FG or XP that didn't work out. think back to the Dallas-Washington game that the Skins won. the Denver/Cincy game...the Cincy Pittsburgh game.

The special teams often get overlooked in the pre-game predictions...but....look out.

Still. Indy's toast. Unless the Ravens play dumb. Really dumb. I still can't believe Larry Johnson only got 13 carries. I would have given him the ball a minimum of 30 times...prolly 40. It doesn't matter how many yards he gets in the first half...by the 4th quarter...that Indy Defense would have been nothing but a low-grade speedbump.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Kerad said:
Yeah...that's the thing. how many teams got beat because of an "automatic" FG or XP that didn't work out. think back to the Dallas-Washington game that the Skins won. the Denver/Cincy game...the Cincy Pittsburgh game.

The special teams often get overlooked in the pre-game predictions...but....look out.

Still. Indy's toast. Unless the Ravens play dumb. Really dumb. I still can't believe Larry Johnson only got 13 carries. I would have given him the ball a minimum of 30 times...prolly 40. It doesn't matter how many yards he gets in the first half...by the 4th quarter...that Indy Defense would have been nothing but a low-grade speedbump.
Definitely, he ran them over and impressed me last week. Too bad Green had the ball more than L.J. this week.

I think that the Ravens should have this game, however, the Colts are a dangerous team. They are now 13-4 and can create a big lead early. I think the Ravens need to show multiple packages and stick Manning in his chin just like the Steelers did last year.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BuddyLee said:
Ya' never know though. Most everyone thought Larry Johnson would have at least an o.k. day today. Most everyone thought that Romo could at least handle that long snap to send them into round 2. That's what's so great about the NFL and the game of football; so many bullwinkle know-it-all's (myself included) predicting truly the unpredictable.

Yup, you just never know !
Parity is the key word for the NFL these days.
Ray Lewis and the Balt defense will show up but
will McNair and guys be off or on ?
Will be a good game, no doubt.

BuddyLee

Football addict
FireBrand said:
Yup, you just never know !
Parity is the key word for the NFL these days.
Ray Lewis and the Balt defense will show up but
will McNair and guys be off or on ?
Will be a good game, no doubt.
An even better game would be a re-match between the Ravens and the Chargers, a great possibility. That was an exciting last minute in the initial match-up.