Wishful thinking...

I'm looking forward to...

• Sitting on a warm, tropical beach...all day...every day.

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • A mountain cabin.

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • An RV and motor all over.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Stay home but fly alot, all over the globe.

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Move to Arizona

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • Move to Florida

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Stay right here and tend to my garden/hobby

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Work forever/Start new career

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Being the youngest and fastest at the Home

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other...please describe...

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
K

Kain99

Speaking of retirement... I just had a knock down drag out with my Grandma. Stubborn as a mule! Everyone says, I'm just like her! :jameo:

mrweb

Iron City
Put on a straw hat, hop on my tractor with a train of mowers behind....start down the first hole on the golf course and relax. No stress. I'll be there in 10 years.

onebdzee

off the shelf
I picked "other"....

As I wave at the last one of my kids going off on his own the rest of them will be putting me in a straight jacket and taking me to a really nice place with padded walls :lmao:

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
Other - being near a nice beach in a warm area, but most importantly, being somewhere where I don't have to worry about ever wearing clothes again, except for protection or convenience, but never for social reasons!
...and I retired from the Navy 25 years ago and plan to really retire within two years.

mrweb

Iron City
mrweb said:
Put on a straw hat, hop on my tractor with a train of mowers behind....start down the first hole on the golf course and relax. No stress. I'll be there in 10 years.
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>http://forums.somd.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p1412276 width="50%">Wishful thinking...</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>03-20-2006 07:14 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Idiot</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well call me confused. Why red for my comment? This is the fifth red I received from a wuss that is to skerd to sign it. Who is the idiot???? I think it may be you who is not brave enough to bring your issues to me. Until you are brave enough or adult enough to bring it to me, you are more than welcome to KMA.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
How the hell does someone...

mrweb said:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt2>http://forums.somd.com/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif</TD><TD class=alt1Active id=p1412276 width="50%">Wishful thinking...</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>03-20-2006 07:14 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">Idiot</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Well call me confused. Why red for my comment? This is the fifth red I received from a wuss that is to skerd to sign it. Who is the idiot???? I think it may be you who is not brave enough to bring your issues to me. Until you are brave enough or adult enough to bring it to me, you are more than welcome to KMA.

...give red karma for a retirement idea???

oldman

Lobster Land
wmburdette said:
Other - being near a nice beach in a warm area, but most importantly, being somewhere where I don't have to worry about ever wearing clothes again, except for protection or convenience, but never for social reasons!
...and I retired from the Navy 25 years ago and plan to really retire within two years.

I retired from the Navy 24 years ago and really retired almost 11 years ago. Obviously we took different paths, but just think you could have been running around waving you weenie at the world a long time ago.

mrweb

Iron City
mrweb said:
Go figure Larry. Some kids these days don't have the brain capacity to grasp the big picture.
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt1Active id=p1414577 width="50%">Wishful thinking...</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>03-21-2006 06:55 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">how do you know it was from a kid, bonehead?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Just how long are your mommy's apron strings?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Larry Gude said:
...I had one of those everything falls to sh!t work days last week which for me is rather rare. I'm pretty good at making lemonaid when the lemons start falling on me, but that day SUCKED.

So...the bright side; What about your retirement dreams?
I had this place in NH picked out for retirement. Dover Point, NH, house on the Bay where the Piscataqua RIver empties into the Atlantic. Then I moved here, it's everything Dover Point is without the snow.. I plan on living out my life here, and dying here, on the water, with either a fishing pole or a jib sheet in my cold dead hands..

mrweb

Iron City
Hummm, more red concerning my comments about retirement. Go figure. And what are your retirement plans oh nameless one? I bet you haven't given it a thought. Thanks for giving so much thought about mine.

The only thing that should concern you is that you can't bring yourself sign the silly red. You are able to respond to me but you don't afford me the same opportunity. Step up to the plate my boy, at least I am up to the task. Until then, I put you in the same category as JPC.:razz: (that would be in the worthless and gutless category)

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Jameo said:
I have 30 plus years before I can retire. I have some time to think about it still :lmao:

I got ya beat :neener:

I look at it like this: by the time I get old, they will have came out with drugs and medicine to make people live to be atleast 100, so retirement will be 70-75 by then, so I plan on dieing at work so they can kiss my arse and pay whomever I leave behind, so they can enjoy life for me :yay:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Has anyone here ever been to Yuma Arizona? I was out there for 3 weeks, and I thought it was a very nice place... you see more boreder patrol than cops though :lol:

Vince

MysticalMom said:
I wish for a gazillion dollars and a castle in the Tuscan country side. :yay:
I'm a little less greedy. Just a few million and a house in the Tuscan country side. And it can be a fixer upper.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hey...

mrweb said:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt1Active id=p1414577 width="50%">Wishful thinking...</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>03-21-2006 06:55 PM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">how do you know it was from a kid, bonehead?</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Just how long are your mommy's apron strings?

...look at it this way; someone cares about you!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That'll...

itsbob said:
I had this place in NH picked out for retirement. Dover Point, NH, house on the Bay where the Piscataqua RIver empties into the Atlantic. Then I moved here, it's everything Dover Point is without the snow.. I plan on living out my life here, and dying here, on the water, with either a fishing pole or a jib sheet in my cold dead hands..

...work. Good for you!