Woe is me

Vince said:
Not much to a dryer. Belt makes it go roundy round and heating element puts out the heat, timer, a few switches (door switch), etc. Alot cheaper to repair unless the motor is burned up. Then, it's like replacing a compressor on the refrigerator. Cheaper to go buy a new one. Had the compressor on my freezer go bad. Lucky the warranty was still good. $600 for that little monster. :yikes:
What I think it is, is that the gear on the back of the "push to start" button is not lining up properly with the matching gear on the inside of the housing. I will try to take a look at it this weekend, didn't know about the problem until too late last night to do anything about it (becaue I went out with a buddy). If I can figure out what is wrong, maybe we can cancel the service call, but if she looked and couldn't find the problem, I doubt I will either.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
huntr1 said:
What I think it is, is that the gear on the back of the "push to start" button is not lining up properly with the matching gear on the inside of the housing. I will try to take a look at it this weekend, didn't know about the problem until too late last night to do anything about it (becaue I went out with a buddy). If I can figure out what is wrong, maybe we can cancel the service call, but if she looked and couldn't find the problem, I doubt I will either.
:nono: I got it apart that far... the problem isn't in the panel with the dials. When you have it apart, you realize that the vibration in the panel is really coming from the main part of the machine.

Dymphna

lil_daisy said:
dear!
my washer/dryer is your washer/dryer.
you know where to find us.

door's open
Thanks, but hopefully it's only going to broke a few days. I can deal with a clothesline until then. Plus with my schedule I usually end up doing it early in the morning or late at night.

The Jackoholic

thinning out the tards
see if you can turn the drum by hand if not then the tou is jamming it. if you unplug it and can get behind the dryer take the back panel off and look to see if the belt is still on and if you can see the toy

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Dymphna said:
Thanks, but hopefully it's only going to broke a few days. I can deal with a clothesline until then. Plus with my schedule I usually end up doing it early in the morning or late at night.

Good luck with the pantycicles, shirtcicles, sockcicles and so on! :ohwell:

:lmao:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Sounds like the toy may be in the belt or barings that hold the drum. It's an easy fix (inexpensive) so don't despair.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Dymphna said:
That's what YOU think. :wink: Unless you mean the ones you already have on. :twitch:

:yikes:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Dymphna again.

:killingme

Dymphna

That's it. Anybody who puts anything on top of my dryer owes me $90 per offense. :burning:

What I thought was a foam letter, was a plastic refridgerator magnet letter. The repairman removed that, a pen, part of a second pen, and a wood screw. All of which fell into the lint trap from the top.

Our dryer is right inside the back door and is the first flat surface you come to when you come in. Everything gets dumped there.

From now on NOBODY better put anything there, even temporarily, unless it has to do with laundry!

Nanny Pam

Dymphna said:
That's it. Anybody who puts anything on top of my dryer owes me $90 per offense. :burning:

What I thought was a foam letter, was a plastic refridgerator magnet letter. The repairman removed that, a pen, part of a second pen, and a wood screw. All of which fell into the lint trap from the top.

Our dryer is right inside the back door and is the first flat surface you come to when you come in. Everything gets dumped there.

From now on NOBODY better put anything there, even temporarily, unless it has to do with laundry!

You tell 'em girl!