Better Drivers, Men or Women

• Men

Votes: 45 58.4%
  • Women

Votes: 32 41.6%

• Total voters

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Just from myself seeing this, I have noticed women tend to drive worse than men do when children are in the car with them...

And I can give atleast 4-5 examples THIS WEEK ALONE....

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I would have said women are better/ safer drivers, up to the point in time they invented the cell phone.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Toxick said:
Not really.

The term "men" includes any swinging-richard that drives... including those 18-25.

I would bet that 75-85% of all crashes by men are the fault of these guys.

Men 18-25, along with a simple lack of experience:

o Think they are invincible
o Are trying to be super-macho for their friends.
o Are trying to be super-macho for the chicks
o Think they are invincible.
o Have the need.. the need for speed.
o Thrive on adrenalin.
o Think they are invincible.
o Don't always employ the wisdom of their years, such that it is.
o Are incapable of thinking with their big head.
o Did I mention they think they are invincible.

Now, mix that concoction together, and see if it bubbles.

Sometime this extends beyond 25 and into the 30's - but not usually. After they start draining their testosterone into a proper recepticle on a regular basis things tend to calm down, and they actually watch the road, instead of scopin' poon, and venting aggression.
The person that hit me last week (haven't mentioned this) was a woman. She was just yakkin' away on her cell phone and I'm waiting to go across. She slowed down and started to turn and there were no other cars. So, I pull out when she then decides she's making the wrong turn. So, she SLAMS and I mean slams the gas and I slam the brakes (I don't want to be in an accident either way). She picks up the gas and drives right into my parked car.

Police come and question her - asked HER take on the accident. Than, to protect the three people in the car, they state the 45 year-old mother was driving, not a 17 y/o.

A week and a half after the crash, she went to the hospital for neck injuries (right around the same time the police report stated she was driving).

Unfortanently, we live in a society that tends to feel bad for the "Soccer moms" and that's what happened here. Looks better if the 19 y/o boy just drove out in front of innocent mommy.

This poll I think is accurate, because people on here don't swell into the American culture and instead use common sense.

So, because this teenage girl was paying more attention to her phone, she made the wrong turn, was driving aggresively, and slammed into my PARKED car on a road where there were no other cars on the road.

If this girl was paying attention to the road, she wouldn't have started to make that turn and I wouldn't have gone. Either that or she would've moved the 8 inches off the curb and avoided me all together, I could've gone and there wouldn't be thousands of dollars in damage to their car (I just have a dent in the left front).

Last edited:

AndyMarquisLIVE

A lot of those "aggressive drivers" you speak of I've dealt with, and never had a serious problem with. All I have to do is tap my brakes and give them room.

But when some cell-phone yappin' woman comes along and is driving on two sides of the road, that's a far bigger problem - espically on roads like Mitchell where there's no room for me to peel off and avoid them.

I had only one encounter with this with some woman where I had to turn OFF the road on Accokeek and into the grass to avoid someone not paying attention to the road.

SHE wasn't in an accident because I was paying attention and did anything I could to avoid a wreck. Unfortanently, in La Plata, this isn't an option. You either swerve to avoid them and hit a concrete wall or you get in a dangerous head-on collission.

MMDad

Lem Putt
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
Here I was thinking that men are better drivers and you had to ruin it. You "technically" are a man, so if I take people like you into account, women are better drivers.

Thanks for bringing down all men, Andy.

Patch

The Pirate
vraiblonde said:
I think both are equally bad drivers for different reasons. Men tend more to get pissed while driving and road rage, but women tend more to engage in some other activity while driving, such as yakking on the phone or putting on make-up.

So, the solution is clear: Take women off the road. Then men wouldn't get angry (at women), traffic would be alot less congested, and insurance companies can lower their rates -- everyone's happy.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
The person that hit me last week (haven't mentioned this) was a woman. She was just yakkin' away on her cell phone and I'm waiting to go across. She slowed down and started to turn and there were no other cars. So, I pull out when she then decides she's making the wrong turn. So, she SLAMS and I mean slams the gas and I slam the brakes (I don't want to be in an accident either way). She picks up the gas and drives right into my parked car.

Police come and question her - asked HER take on the accident. Than, to protect the three people in the car, they state the 45 year-old mother was driving, not a 17 y/o.

A week and a half after the crash, she went to the hospital for neck injuries (right around the same time the police report stated she was driving).

Unfortanently, we live in a society that tends to feel bad for the "Soccer moms" and that's what happened here. Looks better if the 19 y/o boy just drove out in front of innocent mommy.

This poll I think is accurate, because people on here don't swell into the American culture and instead use common sense.

So, because this teenage girl was paying more attention to her phone, she made the wrong turn, was driving aggresively, and slammed into my PARKED car on a road where there were no other cars on the road.

If this girl was paying attention to the road, she wouldn't have started to make that turn and I wouldn't have gone. Either that or she would've moved the 8 inches off the curb and avoided me all together, I could've gone and there wouldn't be thousands of dollars in damage to their car (I just have a dent in the left front).
Aren't you the one that would drive the speed limit or less in the fast lane on 235??

Ain't Karma Great!!

K

Kain99

Haven't the insurance companies already answered this question?