Woodburns

magicsearay

Went by there this weekend and still dark. Doesn't look like anything's been done - anyone hear anything new about whether they're going to reopen or not?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
One of my kids lives basically across the street from there, and works in the same plaza.

We asked her over the week-end if she knew anything and she answered that they were done. They weren't going to be re-opening.

Take it for what it's worth, but normally she's right.

Last edited:

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Went by there this weekend and still dark. Doesn't look like anything's been done - anyone hear anything new about whether they're going to reopen or not?

as creek said, Glasscock is not going to let them open just a small bit of the frontage

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
County is considering it a new location for the Lusby library...

I guess it would be a pretty good location for a library, with plenty of parking.

I'm so disappointed that Woodburns isn't reopening. We've been buying our steaks from Bowen's in Huntingtown. They're good but I think their prices are a little higher than Woodburns prices were. Or maybe Woodburns just had more sales on their meat?

ohstate

I guess it would be a pretty good location for a library, with plenty of parking.

I'm so disappointed that Woodburns isn't reopening. We've been buying our steaks from Bowen's in Huntingtown. They're good but I think their prices are a little higher than Woodburns prices were. Or maybe Woodburns just had more sales on their meat?

Try Nicks in PF. Great butcher.

4ps

Chesapeake's Bounty--more grocery items!

William (owner) is on Facebook, keeps info up to date on there, and is getting or may have by now, meats, eggs, and more produce. Worth a look!

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
William (owner) is on Facebook, keeps info up to date on there, and is getting or may have by now, meats, eggs, and more produce. Worth a look!

Thank you, I just joined the FB page. They're great people. We get our Christmas tree from them every year and I often buy apples, peaches, peppers & tomatoes from them. I didn't know they sell meat there as well. :buddies: