Work Release? For Child Molesters???!!!

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
And this woman is on which side of the law? This is the 2nd child molester she has released recently who has committed a sexual offense on another child. This woman has a 15 year term as a Judge and does not have to stand for reelection! At this rate we are going to have a lot of repeat offenses on a lot of innocent children so I certainly hope she is accountable to Somebody!

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Wow, this story is terrible. What a poor decision by this judge and what a totally unprofessional website too. I had to click around a bit to make sure it wasn't a spoof. They need a decent webmaster bad.

Pooh31

Wow, this story is terrible. What a poor decision by this judge and what a totally unprofessional website too. I had to click around a bit to make sure it wasn't a spoof. They need a decent webmaster bad.

Unfortunatley its not a spoof, this really happened. I was shocked that the one guy was out on work release (the young guy). I would be raising all types of hell if it was my child that he molested and then he was out on work release.
Its very scary also when this person has been around your children. Just be sure to watch your children and give them extra hugs when you tuck them in bed.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
What scares me the most about this is that it seems there is not much emphasis on fixing the mental issues these turds have. So you molest a child, go to jail, get work release and still roam the streets 8 hours a day? Sounds to me like a program to make money, get paid and have cheap rent. How about stopping the sickness. I personally think that any molester or perv of a young child should be tortuerd by the family to death with no repurcutions at all. If you can't control yourself you should not be on the streets period.

Pooh31

What scares me the most about this is that it seems there is not much emphasis on fixing the mental issues these turds have. So you molest a child, go to jail, get work release and still roam the streets 8 hours a day? Sounds to me like a program to make money, get paid and have cheap rent. How about stopping the sickness. I personally think that any molester or perv of a young child should be tortuerd by the family to death with no repurcutions at all. If you can't control yourself you should not be on the streets period.

I agree with you. Using a mental issue is the wrong thing. I believe that these men knew what they were doing, hell that young guy was accused of it when he was 16 and his family brushed it under the rug. Yes everything the rag paper said was true for once...

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I agree with you. Using a mental issue is the wrong thing. I believe that these men knew what they were doing, hell that young guy was accused of it when he was 16 and his family brushed it under the rug. Yes everything the rag paper said was true for once...

Which still leaves the question of why in the name of Justice or just plain common sense this Judge is letting these people out on work release? Did she not learn the first time and how many more does she have out there?

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

I sit next to a lady at work and her neice is the young victim in the first one. I am appalled that anyone could get a job as a security guard while locked up but on work release. That just is wrong.

Pooh31

I sit next to a lady at work and her neice is the young victim in the first one. I am appalled that anyone could get a job as a security guard while locked up but on work release. That just is wrong.

I know the young vicitm too, my daughter is one of her friends, and we all used to go to church together...For some reason, I never let him be alone with my girls, maybe it has something to do with me and my past, I dont know....I for the life of me dont know how he got the job as a security guard, that really blows my mind.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
Honestly, I think that the judicial system needs a major overhaul. The reason that you are in prison is for punishment. The prisoners have it better than us. Maybe it's the fact that Judge Abrams doesn't have children herself. Obviously there is a problem when a convicted child molester is out on work release and still committing crimes. We shouldn't have to worry about this happening to our children. The judicial system is failing the law abiding citizens. What is it going to take for the courts to do something? Will it take someone molesting one if their family members before any additional protections will be put in place. I hope that is not the case.

~mellabella~

Karen Abrams needs to be pulled from the bench. Her interest is not in punishing those who do wrong and even more appallingly it is not about helping the victims. I feel she should be held personally responsible for this. It was bad enough the first time, but seeing as how she let it happen again under her ruling then she needs to take some personal responsibility. She is not doing her job here, and someone needs to give her a firm boot in the ass for it.

Last edited:

Dondi

Dondi
Another prime example of Your Honor's work:

St. Mary's Teen Admits To Murder-For-Hire Plot

Posted on November 09, 2007

By Guy Leonard, County Times

LEONARDTOWN, Md. -- Corey Ryder, the 17-year-old juvenile accused of trying to hire an undercover police officer to kill his mother and stepfather earlier this year admitted to the crime in county Circuit Court on Friday, Nov. 2.

Ryder, of Valley Lee, took a plea deal to a count of solicitation of murder of his mother rather than face first-degree attempted murder charges.

Ryder will receive his disposition for the crime, Nov. 27 according to his attorney Public Defender John Getz....

The defense won a major victory in September when Circuit Court Judge Karen Abrams ruled that Ryder, who had a history of treatment with juvenile services for infractions of the law, should still receive treatment rather than serve time in prison.

The prosecution in the September court date argued that Ryder was a grave threat to the safety of his parents Shannon and Joseph Troiano and had physically assaulted his mother prior to the murder plot and had threatened to kill his mother.

All these incidents led to his being thrown out of his home, according to court testimony....

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Another prime example of Your Honor's work:

St. Mary's Teen Admits To Murder-For-Hire Plot

Posted on November 09, 2007

By Guy Leonard, County Times

LEONARDTOWN, Md. -- Corey Ryder, the 17-year-old juvenile accused of trying to hire an undercover police officer to kill his mother and stepfather earlier this year admitted to the crime in county Circuit Court on Friday, Nov. 2.

Ryder, of Valley Lee, took a plea deal to a count of solicitation of murder of his mother rather than face first-degree attempted murder charges.

Ryder will receive his disposition for the crime, Nov. 27 according to his attorney Public Defender John Getz....

The defense won a major victory in September when Circuit Court Judge Karen Abrams ruled that Ryder, who had a history of treatment with juvenile services for infractions of the law, should still receive treatment rather than serve time in prison.

The prosecution in the September court date argued that Ryder was a grave threat to the safety of his parents Shannon and Joseph Troiano and had physically assaulted his mother prior to the murder plot and had threatened to kill his mother.

All these incidents led to his being thrown out of his home, according to court testimony....

thats WAY different though...

i mean, in this case, its a kid. he should at least get SOME chance to rehabilitate.

renfred

sex offender "good members of society"?

Karen Abrams needs to be pulled from the bench. Her interest is not in punishing those who do wrong and even more appallingly it is not about helping the victims. I feel she should be held personally responsible for this. It was bad enough the first time, but seeing as how she let it happen again under her ruling then she needs to take some personal responsibility. She is not doing her job here, and someone needs to give her a firm boot in the ass for it.

Just think, back in June of this year, Abrams sentenced a 63 year old male who committed a 3rd degree sex offense on an 11 year old girl to home detention. Here is Judge Karen H. Abrams quote which was taken from the Enterprise regarding the child sex offender:

"Judge Karen Abrams said. ‘‘The vast majority of the sex offenses that I see are people like you, good members of society ... who have a problem."

Sex offense puts man on home detention

Judging from the the behavior of the 2 sex offenders that Judge Abrams let out on work release, somebody better be watching this guy on home detention as well.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Just think, back in June of this year, Abrams sentenced a 63 year old male who committed a 3rd degree sex offense on an 11 year old girl to home detention. Here is Judge Karen H. Abrams quote which was taken from the Enterprise regarding the child sex offender:

"Judge Karen Abrams said. ‘‘The vast majority of the sex offenses that I see are people like you, good members of society ... who have a problem."

Sex offense puts man on home detention

Judging from the the behavior of the 2 sex offenders that Judge Abrams let out on work release, somebody better be watching this guy on home detention as well.

This is the type of thing I meant in my earlier post when I said how many others has this woman released? These are just the ones that have gotten media attention so far. Something is seriously wrong with her sense of judgement. I am a firm believer that once you have paid your debt to society you should be given chances etc. but she goes way overboard and puts people right back in situations where they are in temptation's way with minimal supervision or accountability and that's just crazy!

milkshake1

**personally think that any molester or perv of a young child should be tortuerd by the family to death with no repurcutions at all.**
i agree put THE CHILD MOLESTER in a football staduim and let the family at em!!!

renfred

Judge Karen H. Abrams - Activist Judge

Judge Karen H. Abrams - Activist Judge

"Gifford was sentenced to two three-year jail terms in September 2006 after he pleaded guilty to a third-degree sex offense against a 7-year-old girl, that occurred on April 21, 2006, and a separate assault against another female. Both sentences were reduced to 18-months each along with five years of supervised probation and the condition that Gifford have no contact with the victims or their families. The 18-month terms were to be served consecutively."

Habitual Sex Offender Arrested Twice This Week - Southern Maryland Headline News

"Abrams originally limited Gifford’s release from jail to sex-offender counseling two days a week, expanded two months later to work-release privileges on a request by defense lawyer Bryan T. Dugan, who wrote that the prosecutor had no objection to the request. The judge also allowed Gifford’s release for an additional evening of counseling."

Abuse suspect, 62, held without bond as new cases arise

Wow, this guy started with a sentence of 6 years in prison, was later allowed to leave the county jail for "sex offender counseling two days a week", then further given the reward of "work-release" and a third night of counseling.

I guess this is just Judge Karen H. Abrams way of protecting child sexual predators from getting hurt in the State prison, where they wouldn't get the "treatment" that they need. She is putting her own selfish political views before the safety and protection of innocent children. I think she can now accurately be labled an activist judge .