Working mothers

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Once your kids are in school you could maybe volunteer at the school a couple of hours each week....you can meet the teachers, school staff, etc...I think it is really good for our children when we become involved in their schools, sports, etc, and you get to meet other parents/adults...
Also, check into see if a church in your area has anything for stay at home mom's. They sometimes do and have child care while you take part in the ministry...Most the time it is during the day so you can be home with the family in the evening.
I am a part of a ministry and we plan to provide child care at the meetings in the future so more of the ladies with children can get involved....

I have Bachelor Science Degree. I rather to go back to work when my baby is in school full time. :lol:

vbailey

vbailey
Then you shouldn't have had them!!! If you don't want to be around them that long, why would you expect anyone else to want to? That's what's wrong with our country, our priorities are backwards. I truly hope your kids never see what you posted. It's sad.

I am not sure that your attitude sounds much like an attitude of a loving mother???

Then you shouldn't have had them!!! If you don't want to be around them that long, why would you expect anyone else to want to? That's what's wrong with our country, our priorities are backwards. I truly hope your kids never see what you posted. It's sad.
Nomo is a stay at home mom. She sends her two boys to make the money.

duchess1

You're a dumba$$ I said I would get bored staying home.

You're the one who is of little intelligence. No where in your post did you state that you would get bored. You just stated that there was no way in hell you would do it. Go back and read what you typed. After reading your post it's probably a good thing you're not the one home raising your kids!

tyky

eieio
You're the one who is of little intelligence. No where in your post did you state that you would get bored. You just stated that there was no way in hell you would do it. Go back and read what you typed. After reading your post it's probably a good thing you're not the one home raising your kids!

You're right I did not originally say I would be bored at home.

that's why I reposted correcting it :rolleyes:

C

CalvertNewbie

Once your kids are in school you could maybe volunteer at the school a couple of hours each week....you can meet the teachers, school staff, etc...I think it is really good for our children when we become involved in their schools, sports, etc, and you get to meet other parents/adults...
Also, check into see if a church in your area has anything for stay at home mom's. They sometimes do and have child care while you take part in the ministry...Most the time it is during the day so you can be home with the family in the evening.
I am a part of a ministry and we plan to provide child care at the meetings in the future so more of the ladies with children can get involved....

My Mom stayed home until we were both in school full time. Then she got a job working at the schools so she'd be home when we were, including summers & school breaks. She was a teacher's asst not making a ton of money, but every bit helps and she was able to make a difference with some pretty tough kids. She enjoyed raising us but got bored when we were in school.

vbailey

vbailey

You misread my post.....It is my desire to be a stay at home mom...hubby and I are in the process of selling our home so we can down size so I can stay at home and care for my Grandson in the future. I also want to volunteer more of my time to youth ministry...
I do not look down on stay at home mom's or mom's that work....I believe that you can find joy in both...I did state that I have girl friends that slpit their time by working only part time jobs so they can work, and have more family time....the best of both worlds ( so to speak )...

sockgirl77

oh watch out don't say that! Duchess will tell you you're a bad bad mommy

I enjoy working. Even if I were to marry a sugar daddy I'd still work. I like the feeling of earning MY money. I hated asking for money. I babysat a neighbor's kid just to make some cash to buy Father's Day gifts. I didn't want to ask him for money to buy his own gift. Some of us are cut out to be a SAHM. I am just not one of those people.

You misread my post.....It is my desire to be a stay at home mom...hubby and I are in the process of selling our home so we can down size so I can stay at home and care for my Grandson in the future.

Hell! I wanna be a stay at home mom too once my kids are already grown and out of the house! :jet::yay:

vbailey

vbailey
My Mom stayed home until we were both in school full time. Then she got a job working at the schools so she'd be home when we were, including summers & school breaks. She was a teacher's asst not making a ton of money, but every bit helps and she was able to make a difference with some pretty tough kids. She enjoyed raising us but got bored when we were in school.

I have a couple of friends that do that...and/or drive school buses...
That is the part time jobs I was talking about....

Radiant1

Soul Probe

Wow. That's a little harsh don't you think?

vbailey

vbailey
Hell! I wanna be a stay at home mom too once my kids are already grown and out of the house! :jet::yay:

LOL!!!! I guess that does sound crazy!!! I want to be a stay at home grandmother...that is what I tell my friends....
I missed it when my kids were growing up...I have one at home..he is 13 so he will be there for a while longer!!!

Beta84

They're out to get us
If my parents said that to me I'd have said "I can't blame you!" because I'm sure my sister and I were more than a handful to deal with. Some people love kids and make a profession out of babysitting, being a nanny, or helping at a daycare. You ask why would anyone else want to deal with her kids? Plenty of people are willing and do just that! Are you in your 70's or something?

I have Bachelor Science Degree. I rather to go back to work when my baby is in school full time. :lol:
Sounds like a BS degree! :jet:

i have one of those too :bawl:

Wow. That's a little harsh don't you think?
:crazy:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
If my parents said that to me I'd have said "I can't blame you!" because I'm sure my sister and I were more than a handful to deal with. Some people love kids and make a profession out of babysitting, being a nanny, or helping at a daycare. You ask why would anyone else want to deal with her kids? Plenty of people are willing and do just that! Are you in your 70's or something?

Sounds like a BS degree! :jet:

i have one of those too
:bawl:

:crazy:

:lol: