Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Jay Schroeder

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • Jason Campbell

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters
D

dems4me

I believe it was his 14th game, not counting preseason.

You just keep watching, mark my words he will always suck.

I don't think he'll always suck, I'm hoping he gets better. I gotta hope that, he's our team QB and given our current options, I'd rather it be him. :ohwell: I'm just concerned about his turnovers in every game and not instinctively knowing when to protect the ball.

D

dems4me

You forgot to mention the balls he throws to no one.
Or that when they are caught the ball is always behind the receiver or a circus catch.

You forgot throwing short too, for example, on 3rd and 9 and he throws it for one yard and the guy gets hit and tackled or this weekend 4th and 4 (I think) and he threw it for one yard into the dirt, receiver dove and caught it and it was short. Passes thrown on third or 4th down not nearly enough for a first down and then we all wonder why we keep going 3 and out.

Its not like the guy catches it and falls down, he's tackled because there's a defender on him. You can only hope your receiver can shake a tackle but soo many times. Also, there were some instances yesterday where Campbell did NOT have pressure in his face when he did boneheaded plays.

But I'm hoping alot of it he learns through time, I like his strength, his ability to throw the long ball when it doesn't get away from him and I like his height and that he's young which means some hope is there for learning. I don't mind soo much the passes into the ground, the passes with no hope of getting us a first down on third downs, but the turnovers concern me.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Good lord...

Now first let me say I am not defending Campbell, but what is he to do? I am a cowboys fan, and the only reason I reply to things that have nothing to do with my team is because I love football, and love conversation. But honestly Campbell is good when given time. He is still very young, he will make mistakes. But damn have some faith in the man that is leading your team right now. Stand behind him, for if he throws seven touchdown passes next week all of those "haters" will be on his nuts!!

...what is the world coming to? Proper advice from a Cowboy fan? :jameo:

R

rhenderson

So you think Danny Wuerfel was better than all of the guys you listed?

rescueman

you have to be smoking crack if you think for one minute that jason campbell sucks. if he had a line to protect him he would be in the top 5 for QB's right now.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
He also...

you have to be smoking crack if you think for one minute that jason campbell sucks. if he had a line to protect him he would be in the top 5 for QB's right now.

...has no WR's to work with. Both Moss and ARE are hurting. Thrash can't get open. They want Cooley blocking.

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!
If we keep running the damn ball, does it really matter what QB we have?! Way to protect your investment Gibbs, but at least utilize him.

ericw

Campbell will be OK. Looking off your primary receiver and using peripheral vision are always the last things a QB learns to do.
The worst they ever had was probably one of those jokers they had from 1953-1963 - after Sammy Baugh and before Sonny Jurgensen.
The worst on that list was Shuler (who is also a crappy congressman).

Nupe2

None of the above, my vote would have to go for either Norm Snead or George Izo.

Redskin Stats:

Norm Snead: 46 TDs and 71 INTs - 1961 - 1963

George Izo: 8 TDs and 18 INTs - 1961 - 1964

You make the call Ken! :lmao:

For Comparison:

Sonny Jurgensen: 189 TDs and 116 INTs - 1964 - 1974 (Inducted into HOF 1983)

Last edited:

smilin

BOXER NATION
Schroeder was the worst! He didn't lead, didn't play well and then whined his way out of the NFL. The guy was the pits.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Campbell will be OK. Looking off your primary receiver and using peripheral vision are always the last things a QB learns to do.
The worst they ever had was probably one of those jokers they had from 1953-1963 - after Sammy Baugh and before Sonny Jurgensen.
The worst on that list was Shuler (who is also a crappy congressman).

Eddie LaBaron?

Coventry17

No Doug Williams or Billy Kilmer in the discussion? Heath Shuler is an obvious choice, because he was a first round draft choice and expected to the QB of the future. Of course, when you're talking Redskins, you're talking a history of bad personnel moves and poor drafting.

Nupe2

No Doug Williams or Billy Kilmer in the discussion? Heath Shuler is an obvious choice, because he was a first round draft choice and expected to the QB of the future. Of course, when you're talking Redskins, you're talking a history of bad personnel moves and poor drafting.

Doug Williams? :confused: Can you say Super Bowl? Billy Kilmer? "Furnace Face" was a LEADER. Both of these guys were great athletes as well. Though neither will be in the hall of fame, I believe both were good enough to avoid scrutiny as the worst skins quaterback....not as long as Heath Shuler and George Izo were skins QBs! :lol: