Worst restaurants?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He's a waterman, not a server!

Clearly. He should hire someone to serve, then. Not that it matters to me because the filth and rot in that place was enough to insure I'll never be back. I'll go to grubby places and enjoy them, but Courtney's was way over the top.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anglers :boo::barf: (where the Captain's Table used to be).
Captain's Table was pretty good in it's day but this new place sucks in every aspect.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Any place that puts green peppers in cream of crab soup. (Zahnhiser's IIRC) To borrow a phrase from Vrai, "strap'em to the chair".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love Boomerangs ribs, too. Yum!

It's Adam's you don't like, right?

I like Adam's and Boomerang's and most restaurants okay. They're not a standout, but they're not bad either. Surprised at some of the choices for "worst" restaurant because I wouldn't put, say, Front Porch even close to that category. At worst, it's been okay; at best, it's super great.

I'm going to give an honorary "Worst" to those steak places that charge some crazy price for a hunk of meat, then nickle and dime you for sides. While not technically bad - the food is good and the service is typically great - I hate them.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Really?? We eat over there a few times a year. Always get the ribs, which are delicious, fall off the bone tender. Havent really tried anything else off their menu.

It's Adam's you don't like, right?

I like Adam's and Boomerang's and most restaurants okay. They're not a standout, but they're not bad either. Surprised at some of the choices for "worst" restaurant because I wouldn't put, say, Front Porch even close to that category. At worst, it's been okay; at best, it's super great.

I'm going to give an honorary "Worst" to those steak places that charge some crazy price for a hunk of meat, then nickle and dime you for sides. While not technically bad - the food is good and the service is typically great - I hate them.

Adams had horrible food and service the only time I went there. I know a lot of people love their food but I am unwilling to go there again. I have never had a bad meal at Boomerangs and like their servers.

luvmygdaughters

Adams had horrible food and service the only time I went there. I know a lot of people love their food but I am unwilling to go there again. I have never had a bad meal at Boomerangs and like their servers.

We went to Adams Ribs about 5 years ago for my daughters birthday. We walked out, it was horrible. Cream of crab was cold and tasted like wet flour. They were out of several items on their menu and the waitress was just plain rude. Completely forgot about that till FF mentioned it.

Clem72

Surprised at some of the choices for "worst" restaurant because I wouldn't put, say, Front Porch even close to that category. At worst, it's been okay; at best, it's super great.

Maybe it's luck of the draw. For instance, I like Courtney's. A little dirt doesn't offend me if the people are nice, the service good, and the food tasty. I can even forgive food that's a little off, I almost never send an item back. But you make me wait 45 minutes after I stack the plates neatly on the edge of the table to ask if I want desert or a check, I will be steaming. This isn't Italy and I don't like to spend 2 hours having dinner.

That extends beyond food though. The other day I was in Lowes looking for some white corner round trim in 3/4" size. They have something like 12 varieties in painted wood, painted MDF, or vinyl. Any of those would have been fine except they were either completely out of every one or had scraps that were broken or beaten to hell. Not a single clean 8 foot span to be had in the bunch.

So, I moseyed on over to customer service to complain. There were SIX people in the department, every one of them with their nose in a computer. Two obviously filling online orders, the rest who knows. I was there for over 10 minutes, the only customer in or around the CS area, and they studiously ignored me (pointedly ignoring eye contact, maybe hoping I would go away). After 10 minutes I read the name off of one of the employees nametag to get her attention and asked if they still provide customer service in this area or if they just hadn't taken the sign down yet. Then, after I explained the issue with the trim she informed me that it is all contracted out and they have NO CONTROL over that inventory. Sorry, no help for you here.

Dysons may cost a bit extra, but at least they don't hire retards to ignore you when you have a concern and then swamp you if you walk past an item they get a bonus for selling (hey, you have grey hair, you would probably like our Rigid Brand belt sander with cane attachment).

Last edited:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
...if you walk past an item they get a bonus for selling (hey, you have grey hair, you would probably like our Rigid Brand belt sander with cane attachment).

Except :frown: Lowe's doesn't sell Rigid.

The folks up front were right, though, an outfit called "Empire" does the ordering and stocking in the molding aisle.
One guy comes in midweek to do the ordering and (presumably) tidy up the stock, including culling the less salable merchandise.
Another couple come in on Friday or Saturday and put the order in the selling spots.

However, from working there, I can well see you had the same quick service many of us get at the front desk.

The "gene pool" for retail talent has gotten pretty shallow over the years.

luvmygdaughters

I was in Lowes on Monday morning at 8 AM. The service was not great. Don't know whats happening to customer service. Its damn near non-existent. I know now why I do most of my shopping online. The exception to that rule is Ace Hardware in Leonardtown, everytime I go in there the service staff and sales people are so friendly and bend over backwards to help you. No reflection on you spr1975, I'm sure you're from the old school, as I am. I don't believe the old adage "The customer is always right" but, being ignored by sales/service people is the norm and not the exception.

OmyGawd

go there for the haddock, freshest I've had this side of Maine.
Now if only they'd make fish chowder....