Worst song EVER!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now, for the real challenge; does it make your worst ten and, if so, what gets cut to make room for this abomination?

It doesn't make the Perfect Ten because it wasn't popular enough. There are a million songs that are just....bad...but if they're obscure enough that they don't assault you every time you turn on the radio, they're not perfect.

You are sooooo missing the essence of a truly bad song. Whatever else, the Macarena is, in general, a fun song, like this;

You have to look at it from a former deejay's perspective. Bad deejay's loved the Macarena, because it was sure to get people on the dance floor. Good deejay's hated it because it was sure to kill the great vibe they had going on the dance floor.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You have to look at it from a former deejay's perspective. Bad deejay's loved the Macarena, because it was sure to get people on the dance floor. Good deejay's hated it because it was sure to kill the great vibe they had going on the dance floor.

I'll have to take your word for that. There are some songs that become part of the culture and MUST be played at receptions. Play that Funky Music, The Electric Slide, Brick House and the Macarena are among them. Rocky Top if the reception is held below the Mason/Dixon line.

For the good of the nation.

:lol:

Otter

Nothing to see here
I'll have to take your word for that. There are some songs that become part of the culture and MUST be played at receptions. Play that Funky Music, The Electric Slide, Brick House and the Macarena are among them. Rocky Top if the reception is held below the Mason/Dixon line.

For the good of the nation.

:lol:

You forgot "Shout"

sockgirl77

But all DJs played it because it was requested over and over again for a year. I can't remember which local station it was but one of them played it for a day straight. :jameo:

I don't know what the utube ones were, but...

I'm too sexy for my shirt

Blister in the Sun

annoy the heck out of me.

Oh, and what ever the kids across the street had going yesterday afternoon before I told them that it wasn't "neighborhood appropriate". Every other word was f*** and every 4th word was mf*****.

But all DJs played it because it was requested over and over again for a year. I can't remember which local station it was but one of them played it for a day straight. :jameo:

That's right. I never once played it when it wasn't specifically requested or when the party/wedding organizers hadn't specifically asked ahead of time to have it played.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Sorry, Vrai, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. The worst song ever has got to be that damn "cake got left out in the rain" abomination. That is a horrid song.

:yeahthat:

I know it's all symbolism and such but it just makes me wanna take forks, jam them in my ears and twist, twist, twist :cds: