Would you feel safer...

A few shepherds scattered among the flock?

• Of course

Votes: 34 82.9%
  • No! They might shoot someone!

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Larry Gude said:
...you take in a free society. I'd prefer it's not just the bad guys armed.
Well, I went ahead and voted yes in your poll because it was the closest answer, but in all acuality, I do not feel any safer with others armed than with police around.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Bustem' Down said:
Well, I went ahead and voted yes in your poll because it was the closest answer, but in all acuality, I do not feel any safer with others armed than with police around.
..but that allows for the possibility of law abiding citizens to be be armed. Under our current laws, the only people that will be armed are the police and the criminals.
If you don't see a cop around, the only people that are armed are the criminals. As long as THEY don't see a cop, they're free to do as they please.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
aps45819 said:
..but that allows for the possibility of law abiding citizens to be be armed. Under our current laws, the only people that will be armed are the police and the criminals.
If you don't see a cop around, the only people that are armed are the criminals. As long as THEY don't see a cop, they're free to do as they please.
I am all for law abiding citizens to be armed if they wish. That fact just doesn't make me feel any safer. Doesn't make me feel less safe either.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Here's the thing...

Bustem' Down said:

...not everyone should carry a weapon. It's kinda like the emergency door on an airplane; if you don't think you can handle it in an emergency, don't sit there. But part of the reason, the obvious reason for the second amendment is that you have the RIGHT as you see fit. Not the obligation; the right.

Society telling a law abiding person that they may NOT have a weapon is the antithesis of the very foundation of our society; It presumes guilt as well as violating a fundamental right.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
I am all for law abiding citizens to be armed if they wish. That fact just doesn't make me feel any safer. Doesn't make me feel less safe either.

I definitely feel safer when I am armed.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I'm going to use the politician answer, I'll feel better when everyone is disarmed except me. :sarcasm:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Larry Gude said:
...not everyone should carry a weapon. It's kinda like the emergency door on an airplane; if you don't think you can handle it in an emergency, don't sit there. But part of the reason, the obvious reason for the second amendment is that you have the RIGHT as you see fit. Not the obligation; the right.

Society telling a law abiding person that they may NOT have a weapon is the antithesis of the very foundation of our society; It presumes guilt as well as violating a fundamental right.
We are in total agreement.

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
A friend from Wyoming tells me he has never seen a bar fight or public brawl ever in his life. There in Wyoming this just does not happen. Why because nearly everyone has a sidearm holstered. Excellent deterrent.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It is said...

Dead Eye said:
A friend from Wyoming tells me he has never seen a bar fight or public brawl ever in his life. There in Wyoming this just does not happen. Why because nearly everyone has a sidearm holstered. Excellent deterrent.

...that an armed society is a polite society.

The problem is we've lived with the racism of gun control for so long it's become society wide for many areas; people don't grow up around guns. They don't grow up with the understanding and responsibility and so on.

It will take time to mature back to the level of citizenship and responsibility.

This_person

Larry Gude said:

The problem is we've lived with the racism of gun control for so long it's become society wide for many areas; people don't grow up around guns. They don't grow up with the understanding and responsibility and so on.

It will take time to mature back to the level of citizenship and responsibility.
We've definately found something we TOTALLY agree on!

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
Gee, how many mass fire arms killings have we had in Britain, France, Japan?

I wonder if they have the right idea about making gun ownership difficult.

Yes, I think they do.

The Safest Societies have limited access to firearms

forestal

I'm the Boss of Me
An armed society is a nervous, paranoid society.

I thank GOD that public opinion is starting to turn on this free-for-all that we call the right to bear arms.

Larry Gude said:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
forestal said:

Yes, I think they do.

If you want that type of "controlled society" it's simple, move your ass there. I prefer a little freedom and liberty.

Pete

Repete
forestal said:

Yes, I think they do.

You are correct, in Japan they used Sarin, in Britain and France they use bombs.

Deranged homicidal maniacs are not deterred by gun laws, they will always find a way.