X-treme Athletics

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
I often wonder why people who have bad experiences in life feel the need to speak their minds in a public forum like this and ruin the very positive experiences of others. It baffles me on a daily basis and I must just chalk it up to sheer ignorance...or boredom. In this life we are the only ones responsible for own success and our own happiness. No one else can make that happen for you. I could go on forever with this basic life lesson but it wont make a difference on this forum. What I would like to do here is defend the staff at Xtreme and ward off the negative comments you may read here. Xtreme is a wonderful facility in a great location with an extremely talented staff on hand at all times. My daughter walked into Xtreme in the summer of 2008 with little tumbling talent and a basic cheer background from a Middle School cheer squad. By August 2008 my daughter was a Freshman who earned a proud spot on the Varsity Cheer Squad at Leonardtown High School. Along with her determination, motivation and coaching from the staff at Xtreme she was a very proud "flyer" on this very talented squad that went on to make the MARYLAND STATE LEVEL competition qualification. She was fortunate to have one of the best coaches in the County at LHS and she recognized the talent my daughter brought to her mats. We look forward to 3 more years of Cheerleading at LHS. It has been one of the best experiences of her young life. And. I will always compliment and recognize Xtreme for helping my daughter achieve this dream. Cant wait for her next practice/workout/session...! At Xtreme. We will be there all Spring and Summer working hard and setting our goals even higher.

How does someone posting a comment about a bad experience and asking for opinions ruin the positive experience of others? That's great that you had nothing but good experiences from them. My OP was asking what kind of experiences others had so I could determine if I was going back or not. I am not impressed so far with the place, but am willing to go back if there are alot of decent reviews on the place. So far, there are more negative than postive. This is a public forum and information is put out about public places so people can find out about them.

delfromlb

Yes, that is true. This is a public forum and information is put out about public places so people can find out about them. That is exactly why I chose to post a comment and add some positive comments for Xtreme. I dont think it is right to bash the entire staff and entire establishment over isolated instances. If my child has a bad teacher at school does that mean that the entire school is bad and I should switch her to a new one to find a more comfortable fit. I dont think so. All I was trying to do was let the community know there are wonderful staff members at Xtreme.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Yes, that is true. This is a public forum and information is put out about public places so people can find out about them. That is exactly why I chose to post a comment and add some positive comments for Xtreme. I dont think it is right to bash the entire staff and entire establishment over isolated instances. If my child has a bad teacher at school does that mean that the entire school is bad and I should switch her to a new one to find a more comfortable fit. I dont think so. All I was trying to do was let the community know there are wonderful staff members at Xtreme.

Who bashed the entire staff? My main complaint where the people running the office part of it and form other posts, the owner herself. Actually the girl that coached DD was very good.

delfromlb

And, my point , again is that if DD was happy and improving and moving forward with her skills learned from that very good coach, then why go to another gym? Nothing is ever 100% perfect. You sometimes have to make the best of a situation (i.e., trying to get a staff member to take a payment, return a call, schedule a class, etc....) and make it work for you. We all have our children's best interest in mind and we have to keep things in perspective. As the enrollment at Xtreme increases, they will need more help and support from the parents and children.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
And, my point , again is that if DD was happy and improving and moving forward with her skills learned from that very good coach, then why go to another gym? Nothing is ever 100% perfect. You sometimes have to make the best of a situation (i.e., trying to get a staff member to take a payment, return a call, schedule a class, etc....) and make it work for you. We all have our children's best interest in mind and we have to keep things in perspective. As the enrollment at Xtreme increases, they will need more help and support from the parents and children.[/QUOTE]

Wrong - if the enrollment increases and they owner/office staff can't handle it, then they need to either stop increasing the enrollments or bring on staff that can handle a bigger workload. Crappy customer service can break a business. The fact is that there are other options out there. If DD can have a good time at another gym and I can get better customer service also, then why stay at one place?

delfromlb

And, thank God there are always other options out there...that holds true for every aspect of life.

I hope you and DD find a happy fit for what you are looking for.

The best of luck to you!

sockgirl77

A few months back I was looking into tumbling classes for my toddler. I called for 2 weeks and could not get an answer. I left a message and never got a reply. FINALLY I reached them and my answer to when I could come sign up my daughter was exactly this "we book the classes up with kids that are already in here and with siblings". I scratched my head and said "well do you want new business?" Girl on the phone said that she was sorry but to try back next session. I asked her about the non returned phone calls and why they never answer her phone and she assured me that they always have someone answer the phone when they are open. She said that she'd even check the caller ID to prove to me that the calls never came thru. :rolleyes:

lovinmaryland

A few months back I was looking into tumbling classes for my toddler. I called for 2 weeks and could not get an answer. I left a message and never got a reply. FINALLY I reached them and my answer to when I could come sign up my daughter was exactly this "we book the classes up with kids that are already in here and with siblings". I scratched my head and said "well do you want new business?" Girl on the phone said that she was sorry but to try back next session. I asked her about the non returned phone calls and why they never answer her phone and she assured me that they always have someone answer the phone when they are open. She said that she'd even check the caller ID to prove to me that the calls never came thru. :rolleyes:

You can bring her over to my house and I will let her tumble in the yard for $5 bucks a session! You aren't gonna find a better deal than that :whistle:

sockgirl77

You can bring her over to my house and I will let her tumble in the yard for $5 bucks a session! You aren't gonna find a better deal than that :whistle:

:lmao: At the time her brother was in soccer and she wanted to be in something too. First it was horseback riding, then tumbling, then horseback riding, then hairstyling, and now it's horseback riding again. :lol:

lovinmaryland

:lmao: At the time her brother was in soccer and she wanted to be in something too. First it was horseback riding, then tumbling, then horseback riding, then hairstyling, and now it's horseback riding again. :lol:

I dont have an actual horse but she can get on the back of one of the older boys for $5 :shrug:

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey
I often wonder why people who have bad experiences in life feel the need to speak their minds in a public forum like this and ruin the very positive experiences of others.

It's called Consumer Reporting! Everyone who has tried an establisment or a product has the right to provide a review. Get over it!

FastCarsSpeed

Come Play at BigWoodys
My daughter has been taking tumbling classes at Xtreme since the summer and she has also gotten involved in stunting with qualified staff members. Now that her school cheer season is over she will be a part of the cheer squad that was just recently formed at Xtreme. We havent had much experience with that squad yet as we were concentrating on LHS and their success. I am looking forward to this opportunity to have my daughter continue to work out during her "off season" from her school squad. Again, I am only basing my opinion on our personal experience there. I understand that not everyone has had the same positive experience. It just happened to be a very good one for us. I wish you luck in finding a gym that works best for you.

Good luck with their Cheer Team. Competitive Cheer Teams have been practicing for 9 months now and have been competing since November. Also just as a FYI I know that Xtreme's one cheer squad just took second place to a score at the University of Maryland Competition. They have alot of work to do and some of their tumbling was lacking.

tinytoys

Xtreme

My daughter has belonged to Xtreme for over five years and I have never had a problem with any of the staff. Sometimes it gets a little crazy with so many people in one place but I think they do well with all considered. My daughter has done both the gyms gymnastics as well as their cheerleading and I've enjoyed both. Everyone has off days and I personally think you should give the gym another chance.

navymomof3

Xtreme gymnastics

My daughter has been doing gymnastics at Xtreme since we moved here 4 years ago. I'm very pleased with the program she's in now, and even better, she loves it. Gymnastics days are her favorite days of the week. She's a 6th grader now and I'm thrilled that she's so enthusiastic about her sport.

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
The word must be getting around Extreme that they need to become a member of the forums so they can give good feedback! :yahoo:

delfromlb

Again...I must ask...is it ignorance or boredom?

Perhaps you should consider the fact that you may be the only two people who were not satisifed at Xtreme.

Let it go. You have expressed your feelings and we have expressed ours.

Tina2001aniT

Again...I must ask...is it ignorance or boredom?

Perhaps you should consider the fact that you may be the only two people who were not satisifed at Xtreme.

Let it go. You have expressed your feelings and we have expressed ours.

Ok, it was just the two of us and we are ignorant. That explains why xtreme cheer went from I think three teams last year to one team this year of what, 12 girls? Also, why at their first competition in February they did not yet have uniforms (cheer competition season begins in November).
It must just be me.

sockgirl77

My daughter has belonged to Xtreme for over five years and I have never had a problem with any of the staff. Sometimes it gets a little crazy with so many people in one place but I think they do well with all considered. My daughter has done both the gyms gymnastics as well as their cheerleading and I've enjoyed both. Everyone has off days and I personally think you should give the gym another chance.

That would be acceptable if it was just one day. But, we're talking several days. Also, we're talking several people that have customer service issues with them.