Yoga

LC_Sulla

OK. Would we agree that 'heavy' weight training is net bad for the body over time? :popcorn:

Depends on what you mean by heavy.

Moderate weight resistance training, done safely and effectively, should not cause long term detriment to the body. Just the opposite.

http://stronglifts.com/weight-lifting-myths-debunked/

If you’ve spent some time in a gym or if you told people you were into weight lifting, you’ve most likely received plenty of unsolicited advice on what you should do and not do for maximum results & safety. But how much truth is there behind all those things they tell you? Science or broscience? Here are the top 12 weight lifting myths “” debunked.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/274669-what-are-the-dangers-of-lifting-weights/

Lifting heavy equipment comes with its dangers, and weightlifting is no exception. Common injuries include muscle strains and bone fractures. According to “The New York Times,” several injuries occur from people dropping weights on themselves. For the most part, weightlifting-related injuries are preventable and weightlifting can be healthy addition to your physical activities. Effective weight management, muscular strength, are among the many benefits of lifting weights. Becoming aware of the dangers of lifting weights is the first step in avoiding them.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Today's yoga was meltdown yoga. 35 minutes worth. It combined poses with movements. Lots of movement. The only thing melting was me. I'm more comfortable doing and holding poses. I can see gains in my range of motion. I'll give the meltdown a few more tries. In the video there are 3 exercisers and 2 of them are earning their money. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Today's yoga was meltdown yoga. 35 minutes worth. It combined poses with movements. Lots of movement. The only thing melting was me. I'm more comfortable doing and holding poses. I can see gains in my range of motion. I'll give the meltdown a few more tries. In the video there are 3 exercisers and 2 of them are earning their money. Rome wasn't built in a day.

But it burned to the ground in a weekend... :lol:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I did yoga in a room full of people just last month. We were all squished into this little room and someone’s butt kept hitting my face, then I realized it was my own butt.

:mad:

Monello

PREMO Member
I did yoga in a room full of people just last month. We were all squished into this little room and someone’s butt kept hitting my face, then I realized it was my own butt.

:mad:

I'm so glad you switched out that creepy avatar.

Monello

PREMO Member
It was a Star Wars sand person.

Sand People are easily startled, but they will soon be back, and in greater numbers.

:nerd:

It looked like something from the Gumby world if Gumby took massive amounts of acid.