You decide my Fate

worker or bum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bcp

In My Opinion
So, Having said the hell with it and closing down my business in August, I am now peacefully unemployed.
as far as money goes this is not a problem since I have a "modest" amount saived, and a tiny little bit put aside for retirement purposes.

however, I am becoming somewhat bored with this situation.

anyway, a friend that works for a county government agency has asked me to apply for a job at a help desk where he works. basically, if I apply, I get it.

Now, I kinda enjoy the work, I know the people that are there and I have unofficially answered the phones for them while visiting with him.

It might be fun, but on the other hand it would be like set hours again.

should I go for it and build up a government retirement on top of what I have already set aside, or should I just continue living in a modest manner until I either die from natural causes (pronounced pan poisoning) Or get run over by a truck while crossing the road on my walker.

onebdzee

off the shelf
So, Having said the hell with it and closing down my business in August, I am now peacefully unemployed.
as far as money goes this is not a problem since I have a "modest" amount saived, and a tiny little bit put aside for retirement purposes.

however, I am becoming somewhat bored with this situation.

anyway, a friend that works for a county government agency has asked me to apply for a job at a help desk where he works. basically, if I apply, I get it.

Now, I kinda enjoy the work, I know the people that are there and I have unofficially answered the phones for them while visiting with him.

It might be fun, but on the other hand it would be like set hours again.

should I go for it and build up a government retirement on top of what I have already set aside, or should I just continue living in a modest manner until I either die from natural causes (pronounced pan poisoning) Or get run over by a truck while crossing the road on my walker.

Do you have internet access at this job?

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Work until it isn't fun anymore. You can always move on then. The extra spending money is nice and it keeps you from popping a beer at noon everyday.

onebdzee

off the shelf
If you know how to sew....I'll take the job and you can take my business

nice break for me....good work-out for you

win win situation :yay:

bcp

In My Opinion
Do you have internet access at this job?
yes, matter of fact, most of the issues are related to internet.. Like, why wont the website "fat babes in heat" open up in my browser?
or, How do these people that email me know I have a small winky,,

you know, government worker issues.

bcp

In My Opinion
If you know how to sew....I'll take the job and you can take my business

nice break for me....good work-out for you

win win situation :yay:

Oh no. I promised myself to never ever again in my life, or the life hereafter under any circumstance no matter how much people beg,,, to work for myself again.

I want there to be someone over me so I can complain to someone about having too much to do for one person being paid next to nothing.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Oh no. I promised myself to never ever again in my life, or the life hereafter under any circumstance no matter how much people beg,,, to work for myself again.

I want there to be someone over me so I can complain to someone about having too much to do for one person being paid next to nothing.

:ohwell:

bcp

In My Opinion
I voted with my personal experience. I went with what I know oh so well.
:lmao: Do I dare look to see what you voted?

by the way, hows that working for you?

I wouldnt exactly put you in that category

I know for a fact that you have worked..

bcp

In My Opinion
BCP, how old are you? That makes a difference as to how I will answer.
Ill be 50 in June.
Daughter is in the 7th grade now. so Im looking at around 64 If I retire when she gets out of college.
but, I could end up with at least another 10k per year retirement income by working that time.

or, I could die from a heart attack or panning gone bad and die working.