You decide my Fate

worker or bum

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bcp

In My Opinion
Am I? :confused: :lmao: :kiss:

Usually county government jobs are very secure and have awesome benefits. I say take the job and build up your retirement. :yay:
for the most part I agree, though, I dont need any of the benefits beyond additional retirement funds.

if not for the concern of my daughter actually making it into med school,,, (she is now carrying a straight A average in all advanced courses)

I would be well worth it to watch her graduate from a med school though,,,

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
for the most part I agree, though, I dont need any of the benefits beyond additional retirement funds.

if not for the concern of my daughter actually making it into med school,,, (she is now carrying a straight A average in all advanced courses)

I would be well worth it to watch her graduate from a med school though,,,

Well, take the job and start saving the money. If she doesn't make it into med school, quit the job and throw a hell of a party. :larry:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
First of all, yes I read your signatures. :howdy:

Second, I would say,
Work until daughter is out of college then let her support you
which of course you'd probably never do, but it's a hell of an aim! As long as you can keep your current composure/disposition and not let "the man" get you down, the routine and the money should be an easy way to entertain yourself. :yay:

belvak

Happy Camper
Well, I voted "Work you lazy bastard, why shouldnt you have to?" simply because I have to! :tantrum Seriously though, is there any chance of getting part-time status in the government job so that you could have some wiggle room with your schedule? Either way, Kudos to your daughter for the straight A's and med school ambition! Hope she excels!!:high5:

bcp

In My Opinion
Well, I voted "Work you lazy bastard, why shouldnt you have to?" simply because I have to! :tantrum Seriously though, is there any chance of getting part-time status in the government job so that you could have some wiggle room with your schedule? Either way, Kudos to your daughter for the straight A's and med school ambition! Hope she excels!!:high5:

Good thinking, Im a gonna ask him today about that.

some sort of hours that allow me to be a responsible grown up part of the day, and a drunken bum the other part of the day.

the best of both worlds,,
unlessssss,,,,,

do they do studies on drunken bums that could result in a working status as the bum part?

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
Ok, bcp, this is your most serious thread ever. Your daughter is in a great position that you should feel secure and proud of. Due to your hard work. Seems you've done well for yourself and now it's time for some leisure. Most people don't know how to retire because it's unnatural. If it hasn't come naturally to you yet then I say try your option and see if you like it. Sometimes, order is something we need that we don't realize we need. You might like belonging to the government. :whistle:

Btw, funny avatar, siggie, and poll choices. :flowers:

I actually envy the position you're in, having the ability to choose which way to go at this point. Me, I'm looking forward to an early retirement, and running like heck from this place and not looking back. If it works out right, 2 more years.

D

dems4me

I'd vote part time - if you like it and it works for you try to go full time, if not, no big loss :shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Learn how to play drums and take up a band with Larry and me. We'll take over the country.

Larry, you can learn jazz right? :eyebrow:

sockgirl77

Hey Mikey....

What's odd with this?

Work you lazy bastard, why shouldnt you have to?
Angel, belvak, buddy999, CRoyal, dems4me (Premo), FireBrand (Premo), KAT20619, kris31280, missperky (Premo), MMDad (Premo), mrjafa, Nanny Pam (Premo), PsyOps, rack'm (Premo), SamSpade, Sonsie, TWLs wife (Premo), Vince, vraiblonde

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
Come on, I"ll show you where the bartender keeps the Stoli....

:otter:

:wench:

That's MY bottle don't you dare!!!! And when I can finally have some alcohol again, I'm coming to drink out of it!!

(the next 7 days can't pass quick enough!) :love:

Mikeinsmd

What's odd with this?

Work you lazy bastard, why shouldnt you have to?
Angel, belvak, buddy999, CRoyal, dems4me (Premo), FireBrand (Premo), KAT20619, kris31280, missperky (Premo), MMDad (Premo), mrjafa, Nanny Pam (Premo), PsyOps, rack'm (Premo), SamSpade, Sonsie, TWLs wife (Premo), Vince, vraiblonde
You have to be sh!tting me!! :faint:
pot/kettle

Work you lazy bastard and pay taxes to support our welfare recipients who have :

Tivo, HS internet, cigs, Gevilia coffee, multiple forums, premo memberships......

They need your money more than you do. :duh:

Last edited:

JPC sr

James P. Cusick Sr.
Batman

So, Having said the hell with it and closing down my business in August, I am now peacefully unemployed.
:whistle: Surely you can find something to do besides working for a boss.

Ever hear of self-motivation?

I voted for you to be a "drunken bum".

If nothing else contact me in the morning and we can go out together to pick up chicks.:yahoo:

bcp

In My Opinion
:whistle: Surely you can find something to do besides working for a boss.

Ever hear of self-motivation?

I voted for you to be a "drunken bum".

If nothing else contact me in the morning and we can go out together to pick up chicks.:yahoo:
IVe been the boss for so long now that Im tired of it. I want to be the flunky.

but I have to tell you, You have finally after all this time made me laugh at one of your posts.

I can just picture the two of us, older type "gentlemen" drunk, crusing in the bronco, broke, trying to pick up the young babes..