Youth shotgun

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
I have a nine year old daughter who wants to hunt with me. I took her dove hunting with me last Saturday, and she did good. She has never taken a shot and my pump is just too long for her. A friend has offered a Charles Daly 20 gauge semi auto that he says has very little recoil. Where can I buy one of these guns?? I did a search on youth shotguns, and didn't find much. What I'm really looking for is a used one (she's tall and long and will be in a full size gun soon.) Anyone know anyone with something similar they want to part with?? I'd like a semi auto to minimize the recoil. My 12 gauge kinda scared her. Too loud. :lmao: Even with ear plugs she was whining. She still wants to go with me tomorrow and Saturday though. :yay: :yay: Send me a PM if you have a lead. I know they are cheap new, but so am I.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
gumby said:
I have a nine year old daughter who wants to hunt with me. I took her dove hunting with me last Saturday, and she did good. She has never taken a shot and my pump is just too long for her. A friend has offered a Charles Daly 20 gauge semi auto that he says has very little recoil. Where can I buy one of these guns?? I did a search on youth shotguns, and didn't find much. What I'm really looking for is a used one (she's tall and long and will be in a full size gun soon.) Anyone know anyone with something similar they want to part with?? I'd like a semi auto to minimize the recoil. My 12 gauge kinda scared her. Too loud. :lmao: Even with ear plugs she was whining. She still wants to go with me tomorrow and Saturday though. :yay: :yay: Send me a PM if you have a lead. I know they are cheap new, but so am I.

She wants to kill bambi and the bird of peace? :nono: :frown:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Dickinsmd said:
Suck it sista. It's southern MD and we hunt here. :smack:

Doesn't make it right now, does it? :smack: I just can't imagine being 12 years old and wanting to kill animals -- maybe it's just me. :jameo: We worry about people like Jeffrey Dalmer (sp?) who killed the family kittens, but we don't worry when we hand them a gun, show them how to use it and then say have at it? :whistle:

Dickinsmd

Winn Dixie said:
Doesn't make it right now, does it? :smack: I just can't imagine being 12 years old and wanting to kill animals -- maybe it's just me. :jameo: We worry about people like Jeffrey Dalmer (sp?) who killed the family kittens, but we don't worry when we hand them a gun, show them how to use it and then say have at it? :whistle:
Does make it right and it's legal. And it is just you. Nice analogy..... :duh:

Pete

Repete
gumby said:
My first shotgun as a kid was a Western Auto 20 Ga. pump. It had a shorter action and it didn't kick too much, but it was the crookedest shooting gun I ever owned. :lol:

I haven't looked at guns for years, are 16Ga. still around?

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Winn Dixie said:
She's 9 years old and love the taste of duck, goose, Bambi and Thumper. Why is it that people associate safe hunting practices with Jeffery Dahmer and killing animals?? That's not logical thinking. I want her to be safe and know how to handle a firearm. Her Mom is pretty good with a Glock (taught by her Dad an X cop). Everyone should know how to use a firearm safely. My 4 year old son will have a 410 by 6 years old. Hunting is legal. I follow the letter of the law and will teach my kids to do the same. I have never in my life ever thought about shooting another person(Unless I'm defending mine). Millions of firearm enthusiasts feel the same way I do. Guarantee we outnumber people who think like you. I'm not a stat freak, but I bet the numbers are there. :huggy:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
I'll second that Charles Daly 20 gauge but my first hots with a shotgun were with a 12gauge at about the same age. #9 shot with light loads. Wasn't too loud either.

Oh and Winn Dixie... :killingme

Go take some blankets and food to the bums in DC if you want to fight injustice. At least those are PEOPLE.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
gumby said:
She's 9 years old and love the taste of duck, goose, Bambi and Thumper. Why is it that people associate safe hunting practices with Jeffery Dahmer and killing animals?? That's not logical thinking. I want her to be safe and know how to handle a firearm. Her Mom is pretty good with a Glock (taught by her Dad an X cop). Everyone should know how to use a firearm safely. My 4 year old son will have a 410 by 6 years old. Hunting is legal. I follow the letter of the law and will teach my kids to do the same. I have never in my life ever thought about shooting another person(Unless I'm defending mine). Millions of firearm enthusiasts feel the same way I do. Guarantee we outnumber people who think like you. I'm not a stat freak, but I bet the numbers are there. :huggy:

Oops, sorry, I can't imagine a 9 year old wanting to kill animals. :huggy: I can use a firearm safely but I would not kill anything for fun. :howdy:

Mikeinsmd

Attachments

• blobfish.jpg
    blobfish.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 86

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Winn Dixie said:
Oops, sorry, I can't imagine a 9 year old wanting to kill animals. :huggy: I can use a firearm safely but I would not kill anything for fun. :howdy:

For fun and food. We don't waste a thing. She's saving feathers for a pillow. :lmao:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Lugnut said:
I'll second that Charles Daly 20 gauge but my first hots with a shotgun were with a 12gauge at about the same age. #9 shot with light loads. Wasn't too loud either.

Oh and Winn Dixie... :killingme

Go take some blankets and food to the bums in DC if you want to fight injustice. At least those are PEOPLE.

They're all God's creatures and killing is killing and killing for fun is just not right.

Dickinsmd

Winn Dixie said:
They're all God's creatures and killing is killing and killing for fun is just not right.
You ever consider that just maybe they eat what they hunt?? :duh:

Now go hug a tree and kiss a squirrel. :lol:

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Winn Dixie said:
You're just sick! :smack:
Have you never slept on a goose down pillow?? They killed that bird just for the feathers. At least we use all of what we kill. Or as much as possible :yay: :yay: