Youth shotgun

Winn Dixie said:
Doesn't make it right now, does it? :smack: I just can't imagine being 12 years old and wanting to kill animals -- maybe it's just me. :jameo: We worry about people like Jeffrey Dalmer (sp?) who killed the family kittens, but we don't worry when we hand them a gun, show them how to use it and then say have at it? :whistle:
Oh stop. If a 12 year old is responsible enough to do the training, make a clean kill and then dress and eat the kill more power to her. At least she is getting fresh, non-chemicalized meat rather than the saran wrapped stuff we pick up in the grocery stores. :rolleyes:

Or are you a vegetarian...:confused:

Dickinsmd

Winn Dixie said:
You're just sick! :smack:
God bless America!!! :patriot:
My daughter with her first!! :yahoo:

Attachments

• dog%20girl%20deer_small.jpg
    dog%20girl%20deer_small.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 113

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
kwillia said:
Oh stop. If a 12 year old is responsible enough to do the training, make a clean kill and then dress and eat the kill more power to her. At least she is getting fresh, non-chemicalized meat rather than the saran wrapped stuff we pick up in the grocery stores. :rolleyes:

She helps me clean everything. Hunter safety course next month. She'll be fine. Could be a career trap shooter. :popcorn:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
kwillia said:

Oh Kwillia, be nice, you're one of my favorite forumites. :huggy:

Mikeinsmd

kwillia said:
Oh stop. If a 12 year old is responsible enough to do the training, make a clean kill and then dress and eat the kill more power to her. At least she is getting fresh, non-chemicalized meat rather than the saran wrapped stuff we pick up in the grocery stores. :rolleyes: Or are you a vegetarian...:confused:
Roger that Kuwuaiallia baybay!! :love:

Attachments

• gutted_deer.jpg
    gutted_deer.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 100
  • girlhunter.jpg
    girlhunter.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 93

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Winn Dixie said:
Why, aren't they allowed in Giant, Food Lion or Safeway? :jameo:

We go to Nicks of Clinton for fresh rabbit when it's out of season. Ever try possum??? Tastes like muskrat. :yay: :yay:

Winn Dixie said:
Oh Kwillia, be nice, you're one of my favorite forumites. :huggy:
Trust me I am being nice... I just can't stand hypocrites. I personally could not bring myself to take the life of an animal, but until I give up eating meat, wearing leather and slurping Jello I have no right to think I'm better than someone who kills their own dinner.

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Winn Dixie said:
Why, aren't they allowed in Giant, Food Lion or Safeway? :jameo:
Would it be OK with you if the local hunters sold the
Meat to local supermakets for packaging and retail ?
Here I go repeating myself but:
I think that Southern Maryland would be a prime location
to start up a venison fast food chain.

You could call it "More Buck for your Doe"
(or "More Doe for your Buck" would work too.)

at the sign of the "Golden Antlers".

sides could include "Squirrely Fries"

Don't forget to try the "Big Bambi Burger"<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
kwillia said:
Trust me I am being nice... I just can't stand hypocrites. I personally could not bring myself to take the life of an animal, but until I give up eating meat, wearing leather and slurping Jello I have no right to think I'm better than someone who kills their own dinner.

I'm not saying I'm better than someone who kills, I'm saying it makes me sad to see young people taught to kill. Just me, I guess, but I just don't like seeing dead animals as trophies.

Pete

Repete
Winn Dixie said:
I'm not saying I'm better than someone who kills, I'm saying it makes me sad to see young people taught to kill. Just me, I guess, but I just don't like seeing dead animals as trophies.
I like seeing animals killed for stew, steaks, ribs, chops and bugers. :yum:

Winn Dixie said:
I personally don't like it one bit either. The only prenup for my marriage was that my husband to be had better hope that we ended up with a house with a garage because I didn't want to live with dead animals as decoration in my house. He agreed to the compromise. We got married. A few years later he bagged a buck. He got the head mounted and proudly brought it home... It was at that point that he realized I was serious and Fred has been hanging in the garage ever since.

My point is that if we are meat eaters we have to also accept that meat comes from dead animals. If we chose to get ours from nondiscript styrofoam trays wrapped in clear plastic, so be it. Others chose to bag and process their own.

One more thing you and I have to come to terms with. Hunting is a natural part of the food chain. Since we have wiped out the natural chain, the population control of most animals is now in the hands of humans. That is a fact of nature... and fact of life.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Winn Dixie said:

We don't hunt for trophys. Thats a bonus. We hunt for sport and food. Top of the food chain. :yay: :yay: