Youth shotgun

Mikeinsmd

Mikeinsmd said:
I'm with ya there Dix!!! I prefer live ones tranquilized and on a tether!! :jet:
Or these.....:bubble:

Attachments

• Ducks.JPG
    Ducks.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 100

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Mikeinsmd said:
Or these.....:bubble:

That would be a Drake Blackhead(AKA Bluebill), a Male Whistler and a Dipper. Along with a cheezy Drake Mallard decoy. :lmao: That picture was just taken in your family room. :lmao:

Dickinsmd

Winn Dixie said:
I'm saying it makes me sad to see young people taught to kill. Just me, I guess, but I just don't like seeing dead animals as trophies.
I agree!!! Why can't kids today just stick to X-box and PS2. You know, the games where they shoot humans. :yay:

Mikeinsmd

gumby said:
That would be a Drake Blackhead(AKA Bluebill), a Male Whistler and a Dipper. Along with a cheezy Drake Mallard decoy. :lmao: That picture was just taken in your family room. :lmao:
You :liar: It was taken March 1, 2005. :lol:

Blackhead = Scaup
Whistler = Goldeneye
Dipper = Drake Buffelhead
Capt. Clemmy Cheseldine made the decoy.

oldman

Lobster Land
gumby said:
We go to Nicks of Clinton for fresh rabbit when it's out of season. Ever try possum??? Tastes like muskrat. :yay: :yay:

If I'm not mistaken Nicks gets those rabbits from Asia, China I think but am not positive. They still taste good no matter where they come from.

Last edited:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Winn Dixie said:
Okay, okay, okay, I surrender. Goodnight to one and all. :flowers: :howdy:

Thanks for all the red, especially to the person who was up in the early a.m.:

Youth shotgun 09-14-2006 07:16 PM Dumbass
Youth shotgun 09-15-2006 12:34 AM Get over it. If it is hunting and using the kill it's ok. just don't hunt and throw the kill away. I hunt myself and sons and daughters will also.. Emnjoe
Youth shotgun 09-14-2006 08:06 PM You're just an ass
Youth shotgun 09-14-2006 07:45 PM Idiot

oldman said:
If I'm not mistaken Nicks gets those rabbits from Asia, China I think but am not positive. They still taste good no matter where they come from.
A skinned rabbit looks a lot like a skinned cat don't you think?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Winn Dixie said:
Doesn't make it right now, does it? :smack: I just can't imagine being 12 years old and wanting to kill animals -- maybe it's just me. :jameo: We worry about people like Jeffrey Dalmer (sp?) who killed the family kittens, but we don't worry when we hand them a gun, show them how to use it and then say have at it? :whistle:
There's a difference between killing for fun like Dahmer, and teaching your kids how to hunt and everything that goes with hunting.. Gun Safety, outdoor skills and ecology to include protecting habitat and the animals themselves.

Hunters do more for protecting the environment and protecting habitat then many other so called tree hugging clubs.

And when you say, "We don't worry when we hand them a gun" shows your ignorance on the matter. Maybe you should take a hunters safety course so you can get an idea of what you are talking about.

I don't know of any kids that were taught the right and safe way to handle guns, and were taught how to hunt by their dads that have grown up to be cannibals or serial killers.

Last edited:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Nucklesack said:
Do you eat meat? (yes i know its an analogy thats been used before)

• The hunting and fishing license fee system is the primary method of financing wildlife management and protecting the habitat and open space in which the wildlife lives. Jeffrey Dalmer (sp?) didnt do any of this
  • Hunting and fishing are necessary tools in wildlife management for maintaining healthy and diverse populations of wildlife.
  • Hunters have been and continue to be among the foremost supporters of sound wildlife management and conservation practices in the United States.
  • Hunters and organizations related to hunting provide direct assistance to wildlife managers and enforcement officers at all levels of government.
  • Hunting is an essential component of effective wildlife management, in that it tends to reduce conflicts between people and wildlife and provides incentives for the conservation of wildlife habitats and ecosystems on which wildlife depends.
  • Hunting contributes over $30 billion to the economy each year Through licensing, permits, firearms, and accessory purchases
  • Hunting provides food for people. For nearly a decade, hunters have provided thousands of pounds of game meat through donation programs such as Hunters Sharing the Harvest and Hunters for the Hungry. I myself donate most of my Deer to Southern Maryland Needy Family organizations
  • Hunting helps manage animal populations resulting in less human/animal traffic accidents Gee maybe thats why has Montgomery County now re-instuted extended Hunting?
  • The socialization into gun ownership is also vastly different for legal and illegal gun owners. [Adolescents] who own legal guns have fathers who own guns for sport and hunting. On the other hand, those who own illegal guns have friends who own illegal guns and are far more likely to be gang members. (U.S. Dept. Of Justice, March 1994, Office of Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention -Urban Delinquency & Substance Abuse, July 1993.)
  • The vehicle that actually transforms money into habitat, ecological study into proven conservation tactics, and the idea of harmony between nature and society into reality is the Pittman-Robertson Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act. Who fuels this vehicle? Sportsmen not by those who dont understand Hunting or the Benefits of it
    The approximately 200 million dollars generated by Pittman-Robertson each year are matched with sportsmens' dollars at the state level to pay for projects that will restore wildlife populations, expand habitat and train hunters. To date, more than $4.2 billion in federal excise revenue has been generated. (U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service).

Wow, I hope you're not at work putting all this together. :lmao:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
itsbob said:
There's a difference between killing for fun like Dahmer, and teaching your kids how to hunt and everything that goes with hunting.. Gun Safety, outdoor skills and ecology to include protecting habitat and the animals themselves.

Hunters do more for protecting the environment and protecting habitat then many other so called tree hugging clubs.

And when you say, "We don't worry when we hand them a gun" shows your ignorance on the matter. Maybe you should take a hunters safety course so you can get an idea of what you are talking about.

I don't know of any kids that were taught the right and safe way to handle guns, and were taught how to hunt by their dads that have grown up to be cannibals or serial killers.

Oh, leave me alone. I don't like hunting and you do. I don't like children being handed guns and you do. No matter how many "courses" anyone takes you can never know the mental state of the person you are "teaching" to kill. I don't "hug" trees, I respect nature and I respect other human beings. I love life and and I hate it that humans have the ability to snatch it away with the pull of a trigger.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Winn Dixie said:
Oh, leave me alone. I don't like hunting and you do. I don't like children being handed guns and you do. No matter how many "courses" anyone takes you can never know the mental state of the person you are "teaching" to kill. I don't "hug" trees, I respect nature and I respect other human beings. I love life and and I hate it that humans have the ability to snatch it away with the pull of a trigger.

:rolleyes:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
Nucklesack said:
My son doesnt have to be Handed anything. he has his own Guns

It must really pizz you off knowing that my 12 year old son walks down to the next door (used loosely, since they are a mile away) neighbors farm, IN FULL DAYLIGHT, with either his .410 for squirrel hunting (which has been in season for 13 days) or 12 Gauge to hunt Crow almost everyday (and gets paid for it too).

It doesn't "pizz" me off, it makes me sad that he's paid to kill.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Winn Dixie said:
The problem with your logic is, those kids that have no training or familiarity are the ones that are most dangerous with guns.

60 minutes did a bit with kids from two families. A "hunting family" and an anti gun family.. They left the kids to play in the playground and planted a dummy gun for them to find.

The hunting family's children left the gun where it was and went and got their parents to tell them what they found, the non-gun family, their kid picked it up, pointed it at his friends and his siblings, and played with it like a toy.. Their parents were taped as they watched, and the look of horror on their faces..

Which kid would you rather have?

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
itsbob said:
The problem with your logic is, those kids that have no training or familiarity are the ones that are most dangerous with guns.

60 minutes did a bit with kids from two families. A "hunting family" and an anti gun family.. They left the kids to play in the playground and planted a dummy gun for them to find.

The hunting family's children left the gun where it was and went and got their parents to tell them what they found, the non-gun family, their kid picked it up, pointed it at his friends and his siblings, and played with it like a toy.. Their parents were taped as they watched, and the look of horror on their faces..

Which kid would you rather have?

There is no problem with my "logic". I don't believe in killing. Despite all the opinions to the contrary, I'm not speaking to the gun ownership, licensing, etc. issues. I just don't believe in killing period and I don't believe children should be taught to kill.