Zimmerman arrested...

Did you know he was arrested that night?

• Yes

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • No

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Who?

Votes: 3 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...the night of the shooting.

How many had any idea the guy was arrested, handcuffed and taken in the night of the shooting????

donbarzini

Read something(don't recall source) that stated he was arrested and detective wanted him charged, but State's Attorney declined

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I assumed that the photo we keep seeing of him was a mugshot, which would mean he was arrested. But then the ranters were demanding that he be arrested, so I figured maybe he wasn't. Now I see the news story saying that he was indeed cuffed and arrested, highlighted to disprove the claimed injuries.

What I do know is that the media gets a big fat FAIL for this story, and the Black Panthers and other afro-centric activists have made themselves look even more foolish than when they were #####ing about "black holes" in Hallmark cards.

glhs837

Power with Control
I assumed that the photo we keep seeing of him was a mugshot, which would mean he was arrested. But then the ranters were demanding that he be arrested, so I figured maybe he wasn't. Now I see the news story saying that he was indeed cuffed and arrested, highlighted to disprove the claimed injuries.

What I do know is that the media gets a big fat FAIL for this story, and the Black Panthers and other afro-centric activists have made themselves look even more foolish than when they were #####ing about "black holes" in Hallmark cards.

That jumpsuit shot was not from the night he shot Treyvon, but from an arrest years ago, maybe eight?

Hank

my war
glhs837 said:
That jumpsuit shot was not from the night he shot Treyvon, but from an arrest years ago, maybe eight?

Must of been from when he attacked the cop or his girlfriend....:coffee:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Must of been from when he attacked the cop or his girlfriend....:coffee:

THAT is what I assumed from the coverage. As I understood it, he had NOT been arrested, or taken in. Not cuffed, not given a ride to the station. Not interrogated or even much questioned. From the coverage, I had it in my mind that much of the outrage was that they, essentially, got his statement at the scene and sent him on his way and that the picture was of a previous booking (as it seems it is) in order to spin the story that it really was an outrage to not have taken him in BECAUSE he'd been booked before.

Now, that I learn, for sure, and much to my shock, that he was cuffed and taken in, man, I am ####ing torqued!

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
THAT is what I assumed from the coverage. As I understood it, he had NOT been arrested, or taken in. Not cuffed, not given a ride to the station. Not interrogated or even much questioned. From the coverage, I had it in my mind that much of the outrage was that they, essentially, got his statement at the scene and sent him on his way and that the picture was of a previous booking (as it seems it is) in order to spin the story that it really was an outrage to not have taken him in BECAUSE he'd been booked before.

Now, that I learn, for sure, and much to my shock, that he was cuffed and taken in, man, I am ####ing torqued!

Maybe all involved did do their job?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Maybe all involved did do their job?

I mean, for fckus sake! The whole premise we've been fed is that this WHITE GUY leaves a Klan meeting, gears up with assault weapons, patrols the neighborhood like a freaking pit bull, hassling little kids, closing down lemonade stands, hunts down and blasts this angelic little tiny black child and his Skittles into the great by and by, chit chats with the cops a bit, heads on home, and no one bothers to even ask if this may not have been necessary because, why hell, it's just another dead black kid.

This is fukcing outrageous!!!!

awpitt

Main Streeter
...the night of the shooting.

How many had any idea the guy was arrested, handcuffed and taken in the night of the shooting????

He wasn't arrested. They cuffed him and took him to the station for questioning. Once done, they sent him home.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I mean, for fckus sake! The whole premise we've been fed is that this WHITE GUY leaves a Klan meeting, gears up with assault weapons, patrols the neighborhood like a freaking pit bull, hassling little kids, closing down lemonade stands, hunts down and blasts this angelic little tiny black child and his Skittles into the great by and by, chit chats with the cops a bit, heads on home, and no one bothers to even ask if this may not have been necessary because, why hell, it's just another dead black kid.

This is fukcing outrageous!!!!

Which is why it sounded ridiculous to me from the get-go.

When they kept showing those pics of Martin that were clearly several years old alongside the mugshot of Zimmerman in prison orange - that right there told me we were being played and the spin was horse####. Everything after that was just reaffirmation.

Hank

my war
Yeah...nevermind that Zimmerman has a violent history and has been in prison orange...it really brings out the color in his eyes....:coffee:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah...nevermind that Zimmerman has a violent history and has been in prison orange...it really brings out the color in his eyes....:coffee:

You state, right here, right now, that the national media did NOT spin this and did a proper job of reporting the story.

Go ahead.

:tap:

Hank

my war
Larry Gude said:
You state, right here, right now, that the national media did NOT spin this and did a proper job of reporting the story.

Go ahead.

:tap:

I totally agree with you, dude! Don't they do that with every story? That was Vrai's whole rant from the start.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I read somewhere, that I cannot readily relocate, that the orange shirt was just a shirt and not a prison uniform.

But I'll give it to you - you do hang in there, long after your cause has been lost. You're either very dedicated or just insane.

Hank

my war
vraiblonde said:
I read somewhere, that I cannot readily relocate, that the orange shirt was just a shirt and not a prison uniform.

But I'll give it to you - you do hang in there, long after your cause has been lost. You're either very dedicated or just insane.

So, he didn't attack a cop nor his girlfriend? :confused:

dontknowwhy

He wasn't arrested. They cuffed him and took him to the station for questioning. Once done, they sent him home.

so you're telling me he wasn't arrested, taken to the staion, & booked...only to be released after getting his account of what happened?...what were the cuffs on him for, then?...foreplay?