“If you’re OK licensing my 2A right, what’s wrong with licensing your First Amendment Right."

PsyOps

Pixelated
It’s really not hard to understand. They would have tracked his purchases and when he tried to buy more he would have been questioned and possible
Prevented from buying more guns based on the investigation. Try to think

So, background checks aren't good enough? And let get it right... if Paddock had only bought 4 firearms, is it likely he would not have committed this crime? Omar Mateen used only two firearms (a semi-automatic rifle and a semi-automatic pistol) to kill 49 people. Many of us are going to keep asking the same question: will anything you're proposing stop mass shootings in the future?

Sapidus

So, background checks aren't good enough? And let get it right... if Paddock had only bought 4 firearms, is it likely he would not have committed this crime? Omar Mateen used only two firearms (a semi-automatic rifle and a semi-automatic pistol) to kill 49 people. Many of us are going to keep asking the same question: will anything you're proposing stop mass shootings in the future?

Yes banning the purchase of high caliber semi automatic weapons and restricting their use to the police and military or possibly having them available for rent at shooting ranges.

Hijinx

Yes banning the purchase of high caliber semi automatic weapons and restricting their use to the police and military or possibly having them available for rent at shooting ranges.

There is that word Ban/.
If we let them ban one thing, they will immediately turn to banning something else.

Immediately they ban one gun the next thing they do is ban them at shooting ranges.

The whole object is to disarm America, so some clown who wants to be a dictator can do so without firing a shot.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So you would rather hump 230 Rd of 06 than 720 of 5.56?
And I'm old, I shoot in the vintage and Garand high power matches every year..
Guys in the World War II were carrying two bandoliers... and if the print on the spam can is correct, those are 192 rounds each.

PS.… Congrats on still being able to compete with a garand. Not something I can do these days. Iron sites aren't what my eyes are made for anymore.

Sapidus

There is that word Ban/.
If we let them ban one thing, they will immediately turn to banning something else.

Immediately they ban one gun the next thing they do is ban them at shooting ranges.

The whole object is to disarm America, so some clown who wants to be a dictator can do so without firing a shot.

Why didn’t you cry when they banned Swiss Army knives and nail clippers from airplanes?

Why didn’t you cry when they banned non child proof medicine bottles.

No one wants to disarm everyone. We just want to end mass killings like Vegas and Newtown. Stop being a psycho and use rational thought

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You keep clinging to that phrase "high caliber"… What the #### is that?

The 556 is designated as an intermediate cartridge. It's weak.

Just because the rifle is black, that doesn't make it more dangerous.

Your racism is showing.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Why didn’t you cry when they banned Swiss Army knives and nail clippers from airplanes?

Why didn’t you cry when they banned non child proof medicine bottles.

No one wants to disarm everyone. We just want to end mass killings like Vegas and Newtown. Stop being a psycho and use rational thought

where in the constitution are medicine bottle caps guaranteed as a civil right? That's a stupid comparison.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
where in the constitution are medicine bottle caps guaranteed as a civil right? That's a stupid comparison.
Beyond being stupid, those medicine bottles aren't banned, they are available upon request.

Grumpy

If they are available to the police/military, then they are available to all; the only thing that changes is the price to buy them. You seem to forget that criminals don't care about no steenking laws.

black dog

Free America
Guys in the World War II were carrying two bandoliers... and if the print on the spam can is correct, those are 192 rounds each.

PS.… Congrats on still being able to compete with a garand. Not something I can do these days. Iron sites aren't what my eyes are made for anymore.

Thats what came in a spam can,Four bandoliers..... each bandolier carried 6 Garand clips of 8 rounds each with 48 rounds in each full bandolier..

Rommey

It’s really not hard to understand. They would have tracked his purchases and when he tried to buy more he would have been questioned and possible
Prevented from buying more guns based on the investigation. Try to think
The context of your line of thinking is that up to five purchases, someone is good, no followup questioning. Once you buy the 6th gun, that notifies the police for addition followup. "You buy more than 5 and you are not a dealer you get a visit from the police to follow up."
So now John Q. Public has 6 guns...which forces a police followup and your implication is it would likely prevent additional gun purchases. (You leave no room for the possibility that the additions check would actually allow the addition purchases, because your implication is that if someone wants to buy that many guns they must be unstable.) What are the police going to investigate at this point that wasn't discovered in the initial background check?

PsyOps

Pixelated

Please tell me what you think a "high calibur semi automatic weapon" is?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Nope. That’s not at all the same as what I said. But good try trying to at least use your brain for once

buy a clue .... that is the logical end to YOUR Suggesting ....

if you would 'investigate' a person for purchasing 5 weapons in a year 'because he / she might be up to something nefarious

YOU should 'investigate' everyone - all it takes is ONE Firearm and one nut

put detectives in EVERY Gun Store

Sapidus

The context of your line of thinking is that up to five purchases, someone is good, no followup questioning. Once you buy the 6th gun, that notifies the police for addition followup. "You buy more than 5 and you are not a dealer you get a visit from the police to follow up."
So now John Q. Public has 6 guns...which forces a police followup and your implication is it would likely prevent additional gun purchases. (You leave no room for the possibility that the additions check would actually allow the addition purchases, because your implication is that if someone wants to buy that many guns they must be unstable.) What are the police going to investigate at this point that wasn't discovered in the initial background check?

Does the gun dealer evaluate each person to see what their mental state is? You know like
Police are trained to do? Especially if that dealer is going to lose a big sale?

I’m not saying they aren’t allowed to buy more than five just that the police would ask some questions at that point. If someone was planning a massacre they might be nervous and give away some info that might lead to further Investigation and the possibility of stopping a mass murder.

I can’t believe I even have to explain this and that the very idea that you can’t buy more then 5 guns without a few follow up questions is more outrageous to you then 50 dead and 400+ injured.

You are a sick puppy

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yes banning the purchase of high caliber semi automatic weapons and restricting their use .....

You sound like a good little well programed fascist .....
you really excerpt the Gov. to protect YOUR Rights :killingme
You are cute ...

ask Blacks and Native Americans how that worked out ...

what exactly is 'HIGH Caliber'

so no more

M1 Garands ?
Mini 14's
M1A
Browning BAR ShortTrac in .308
REMINGTON .750 WOODSMASTER
BROWNING BAR SAFARI IN .338 WIN. (BOSS)

Does the gun dealer evaluate each person to see what their mental state is? You know like Police are trained to do? Especially if that dealer is going to lose a big sale?

:killingme - you are precious Police are not trained in Mental Evaluation ...

I’m not saying they aren’t allowed to buy more than five just that the police would ask some questions at that point.

If someone was planning a massacre they might be nervous and give away some info that might lead to further Investigation and the possibility of stopping a mass murder.

Would'a Could'a Should'a ..... more pie in the sky fantasy assumptions

I can’t believe I even have to explain this and that the very idea that you can’t buy more then 5 guns without a few follow up questions is more outrageous to you then 50 dead and 400+ injured.

You are a sick puppy

ah yes, when you run out of :bs: to spew fall back on insults

well thank GOD your Gal Hillary wasn't elected .... we have some sanity in the White House

Last edited:

Hijinx

You sound like a good little well programed fascist .....
you really excerpt the Gov. to protect YOUR Rights :killingme
You are cute ...

ask Blacks and Native Americans how that worked out ...

what exactly is 'HIGH Caliber'

so no more

M1 Garands ?
Mini 14's
M1A
Browning BAR ShortTrac in .308
REMINGTON .750 WOODSMASTER
BROWNING BAR SAFARI IN .338 WIN. (BOSS)

ah yes, when you run out of :bs: to spew fall back on insults

well thank GOD your Gal Hillary wasn't elected .... we have some sanity in the White House

Speaking of Hillary: How sane can a person be who was married to a serial rapist who whacked off in the Oval office sink while penetrating an intern with a cigar,. and then be stupid enough to call Trump a problem for his past associations with women.
How sane can people be who still want this old embittered dirt bag in the WH?

Rommey

Does the gun dealer evaluate each person to see what their mental state is? You know like
Police are trained to do? Especially if that dealer is going to lose a big sale?
Does the gun dealer evaluate each person on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th sale?

I’m not saying they aren’t allowed to buy more than five just that the police would ask some questions at that point. If someone was planning a massacre they might be nervous and give away some info that might lead to further Investigation and the possibility of stopping a mass murder.
And they are more likely to not be "nervous" if they are planning something like that. A couple of the 9/11 hijackers were stopped by police right before they carried out their attack...McVeigh was stopped after his attack for a traffic violation and was almost let go except the trooper noticed a gun; McVeigh never gave the trooper any indication of what he had done. (And before you get all bent out of shape that those weren't gun related attacks, I used them to show that they were not nervous either before or after their attacks when stopped by police).

Why is 5 the magic number? Is that 5 in a year, in a month, in a lifetime? You think a few followup questions if your utopian world existed would have prevented the Vegas shooter from carrying out his attack? What if he was asked those follow up questions and passed and carried out his attack...kind of ruins your narrative.

You are a sick puppy
And you are a delusional, short bus window licker.

Sapidus

Does the gun dealer evaluate each person on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th sale?

And they are more likely to not be "nervous" if they are planning something like that. A couple of the 9/11 hijackers were stopped by police right before they carried out their attack...McVeigh was stopped after his attack for a traffic violation and was almost let go except the trooper noticed a gun; McVeigh never gave the trooper any indication of what he had done. (And before you get all bent out of shape that those weren't gun related attacks, I used them to show that they were not nervous either before or after their attacks when stopped by police).

Why is 5 the magic number? Is that 5 in a year, in a month, in a lifetime? You think a few followup questions if your utopian world existed would have prevented the Vegas shooter from carrying out his attack? What if he was asked those follow up questions and passed and carried out his attack...kind of ruins your narrative.

And you are a delusional, short bus window licker.

30 weapons purchased by one person in one year who isn’t a weapons dealer should have been a red flag. There should a nationwide database that tracks purchases. 5 was an arbitrary number.

Feel free to keep complaining when ever anyone suggests solutions. As long. As you realize that all your doing is making it easier for these psychos to carry on killing people

black dog

Free America
30 weapons purchased by one person in one year who isn’t a weapons dealer should have been a red flag. There should a nationwide database that tracks purchases. 5 was an arbitrary number.

Feel free to keep complaining when ever anyone suggests solutions. As long. As you realize that all your doing is making it easier for these psychos to carry on killing people

In your world when a Red Flag pops up what would the " Due Process " be to decline the sale?
And how would the State and Federal Government be notified to put in the data base that this is not a Sound Person.

littlelady

God bless the USA
In your world when a Red Flag pops up what would the " Due Process " be to decline the sale?
And how would the State and Federal Government be notified to put in the data base that this is not a Sound Person.

Good grief. Sap just doesn't get it. And, I think, that all his spiel puts him in jeopardy, but he doesn't realize that.