“If you’re OK licensing my 2A right, what’s wrong with licensing your First Amendment Right."

black dog

Free America
Try to stick to one topic at a time. We are talking about mass shooting events in the US. Stop trying to dilute the conversation as you always do to try to make it so broad and steer it from actually doing anything about mass gun violence

Let's not answer the tough questions... Guns arn't the only way people kill people..

All of it is just a tool to use.. guns and trucks don't kill people,
People kill people...

black dog

Free America
Try to stick to one topic at a time. We are talking about mass shooting events in the US. Stop trying to dilute the conversation as you always do to try to make it so broad and steer it from actually doing anything about mass gun violence

Half of us are still waiting for you to state what high caliber guns you would ban from the lowly citizens to own.. still waiting...

black dog

Free America
Why would we compare ourselves to N korea or Mogadishu?

For starters they are polar opposites, one has no rights at all for it's Citizens and the other has open air markets for anything that you want as long as you can pay for it..

Sapidus

For starters they are polar opposites, one has no rights at all for it's Citizens and the other has open air markets for anything that you want as long as you can pay for it..

Exactly why i chose them. And we are not like either one. So we should focus on the issues facing America right now.

Jesus, why do you just talk and argue in circles instead of discuss the topic at hand.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Not sure what the hell you are talking about. In post 63 you say you want a cooling off period and now you want vetting (how about some extreme vetting?), none of which has a thing to do with what I said I wanted in response to the question I bolded in PsyOps's post.

I mean what I said. In my original post. I think I quoted you by mistake, instead meaning to quote I believe BD before you. My bad, I think.

Saying that, I could have been more specific: the cooling off period was in relation to gun buyers not being able to obtain their legally purchased weapons for the federally mandated three to five days, giving the buyer or seller time to reneg on the deal. I put the same time frame on "journalists" before their "news" can be published in print, because there is basically no news announcements anymore without being completely tainted and scrip0ted in an agenda driven motive.

That's ridiculous, right? Just as ridiculous as adding new laws to the myriad already on the books, federal, state, and local concerning gun laws. I like the original title of the thread, in essence, mess with my 2! rights, I mess with your 1! rights.

You're ot going to be able to refuse sales to someone you deem unfit without infringing on other rights.

Restitution

Just because other places have other problems doesn't mean we shouldn't address our problems here

How come you never argue this point when BLM or the Chicago black-on-black gun violence is brought up? Essentially, you are saying (here) that we should address the problems in our own back yard before looking beyond it YET... this logic doesn't seem to apply to black-on-black violence..... Hmmmmm

Convenience??

PsyOps

Pixelated
Hitler was a journalist? Just like you say about gun laws how would this proposed law have prevented the holocaust?

You don't think he used journalists to propagate his agenda? And what laws are you talking about? Hitler established his own laws to kill Jews. The only thing that could have prevented that is for the German people to reject him. They did not. What does this have to do with whether words can hard someone?

Sapidus

How come you never argue this point when BLM or the Chicago black-on-black gun violence is brought up? Essentially, you are saying (here) that we should address the problems in our own back yard before looking beyond it YET... this logic doesn't seem to apply to black-on-black violence..... Hmmmmm

Convenience??

You haven't been paying attention. We have talked about this repeatedly. If criminals want to shoot each other who cares? Yes. I know innocent people are caught in the crossfire sometimes but that is not the same as 50 people killed and 400 injured in less than an hour. Inner city violence needs to be addressed but mass shootings are an easier problem to solve,

There is no reason to own a high caliber semi automatic weapon.

If you want to go shoot targets with one or watermelons they can figure out a way people can go rent them at the range and have a day out like paintballing.

They banned them in Australia and have not had a mass shooting since.

If you think your right to own one of these weapons is more important then people being able to congregate safely with fear of dying then you are un-American and selfish.

black dog

Free America
We can do both.

I've already said it at least three times.

What is your solution?

I believe that you don't even understand the process of buying a firearm through a dealer much less even a handgun in Maryland.. let's not even talk about private sales in the 50 states..

No you haven't, how would the authoritys know when this number of 5 has been reached?
How would the authoritys know that someone might be crazy or unstable..
And how do you take the rights away form someone that hasn't broken the law?

Sapidus

You don't think he used journalists to propagate his agenda? And what laws are you talking about? Hitler established his own laws to kill Jews. The only thing that could have prevented that is for the German people to reject him. They did not. What does this have to do with whether words can hard someone?

Jesus. stop trying to deflect attention from the real conversation.

The comparison between a mass shooter and journalist having to get a license was made.

I said an article being published never killed anyone.

You expanded that to all articles and and Hitlers speech.

Of course he used the media. Just like Trump does. How would that be different if the journalist had to apply for a license?

Can you not even follow along with the conversation you re so enraged by the very idea someone may want to regulate your guns?

black dog

Free America
You haven't been paying attention. We have talked about this repeatedly. If criminals want to shoot each other who cares? Yes. I know innocent people are caught in the crossfire sometimes but that is not the same as 50 people killed and 400 injured in less than an hour. Inner city violence needs to be addressed but mass shootings are an easier problem to solve,

There is no reason to own a high caliber semi automatic weapon.

If you want to go shoot targets with one or watermelons they can figure out a way people can go rent them at the range and have a day out like paintballing.

They banned them in Australia and have not had a mass shooting since.

If you think your right to own one of these weapons is more important then people being able to congregate safely with fear of dying then you are un-American and selfish.

The part you quickly dismiss is We have a Constitution Here,
That has a 2nd Amendment.. Australia didn't...
Not the same comparable... Not even close..

PsyOps

Pixelated
If criminals want to shoot each other who cares? Yes. I know innocent people are caught in the crossfire sometimes but...

And there it is. There is acceptable killing, even if innocents are caught in the crossfire. That explain why nothing is done about cities like Chicago.

Sapidus

I believe that you don't even understand the process of buying a firearm through a dealer much less even a handgun in Maryland.. let's not even talk about private sales in the 50 states..

No you haven't, how would the authoritys know when this number of 5 has been reached?
How would the authoritys know that someone might be crazy or unstable..
And how do you take the rights away form someone that hasn't broken the law?

Do you have a drivers license? A social security number? Have you heard of something called a database?

My brother has more guns of all sizes and capacities then you could imagine. He has all the proper paperwork and takes weeks meticulously filing it out and making sure it is correct.

No ones rights are being taken away by having a 10 minute chat with a police officer as to why they want 5+ guns. The officer would probably get a good sense of that persons intentions since that is what police are trained to do. No ones home is searched, no one is not allowed to buy a 6 gun unless they are deemed an imminent threat. Ie mumbling about shooting people up or something. It wouldn't catch everyone planning a shooting spree but i bet it would make some people think twice, and weed out some of the bad actors.

Sapidus

The part you quickly dismiss is We have a Constitution Here,
That has a 2nd Amendment.. Australia didn't...
Not the same comparable... Not even close..

So that piece of writing from more then 200 years ago allows you to hide behind and wash yourself of any responsibility?

you are hiding behind some out dated words. Coward

Sapidus

And there it is. There is acceptable killing, even if innocents are caught in the crossfire. That explain why nothing is done about cities like Chicago.

Stop putting worshippers sin my mouth. I didn't say acceptable. I was pointing out that fewer innocent people are killed by gun violence there and that there are more than one perpetrator which makes it harder to solve. Stop trying to lay blame everywhere without looking at how you are complicit

PsyOps

Pixelated
Jesus. stop trying to deflect attention from the real conversation.

The comparison between a mass shooter and journalist having to get a license was made.

I said an article being published never killed anyone.

You expanded that to all articles and and Hitlers speech.

Of course he used the media. Just like Trump does. How would that be different if the journalist had to apply for a license?

Can you not even follow along with the conversation you re so enraged by the very idea someone may want to regulate your guns?

You made this statement:

Sure as soon as you show me the last time an article killed 50 people and injured 400
Upon publication

This is akin to claiming that words wouldn't result in the death of someone else, even on a mass scale, and I refuted it. It is absolutely untrue that the media, journalists, or any other words written on a piece of paper or on the internet... wouldn't result in harming others.

The point being that, if used by people with evil intentions, the 1st amendment can be just as dangerous as the 2nd amendment. If this is true, logic would follow that whatever limitations you put on the 2nd you should also place on the 1st.

Last edited: