Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Racisim...(copy'd from another forum)

Of the Millions enslaved

from Africa Between 1500-1840...
    What precentage came to North America (ie: British/Dutch Colonies & USA?)
    (I am always interested in people's estimates...)
    NOT allowed to look this up on the WWW....
    Go ahead: Post your estimate...
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Talk Show Host
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina2001aniT View Post
    My daughter is in fourth grade and has a kid in her class that has only been here for a couple months, he came from DC, he throws the race card EVERY chance he gets.
    He and another boy (white) had an argument in class, the teacher was told and one of the girls in the class (also white) defended the other boy to the teacher. How does said kid respond?? "Why is it that the white kids only stick up for the white kids and the black kids don't stick up for the blacks?"
    He was being mean to my daughter so she wouldn't let him play with her to which he responded "You are racist, You just won't play with me because I am black, you are a racist"
    urgggg......
    These kids are raised to believe this and learn the junk from their parents. it will never go away.

Quote Originally Posted by RareBreed View Post
    You know... anyone who posts that they agree with this will now be considered a racist. But I agree. Whites have been programmed to not celebrate being white. Personally, I don't think about "being white" much. The only time I notice it is at work because I am the only white person out of about 20 people who work here. I kind of stand out in a crowd. I grew up in a mostly white neighborhood and live now in a mostly white neighborhood. Does that make me a racist too because of it? I hope not.
    You live where you feel comfortable and no, it doesn't make you a racist. If there are those with problems with that, then they obviously feel uncomfortable with their own feelings and want everyone else to feel a collective sense of guilt to assuage those feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by wmburdette View Post
    Why not just be concerned about people who were born here and not worry about the immigrants from Africa, Mexico, Asia, and Arabia. ...by the way, I was born in America of parents who were born in America and I am, by definition, a native American. but I am not an Indian.
    I agree.
    While I was born in the Philippines, I have a strong Iberian heritage( two of my granduncles fought on the republican side in the Spanish Civil War in 1936)but it was my father's desire when we came here in the early 50's to set aside the old heritage and start a new tradition in this country. Hence he forbade use of the old language and we fervently learned English as our primary tongue.
    Though my siblings and I have learned several languages in the interim, we think not of ourselves as hyphenated, but as Americans alone. The only times national origin comes up is when others bring it up, some not so diplomatically.
    I am sad for what is happening in the old country, but I am more concerned with what happens here. This is where I live, and it is more important to me that we repair what needs fixing here before we go out in the world to "rectify" things . To me, it is just an inane excuse not to make things proper for all Americans , not just a chosen few.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina2001aniT View Post
    My daughter is in fourth grade and has a kid in her class that has only been here for a couple months, he came from DC, he throws the race card EVERY chance he gets.
    He and another boy (white) had an argument in class, the teacher was told and one of the girls in the class (also white) defended the other boy to the teacher. How does said kid respond?? "Why is it that the white kids only stick up for the white kids and the black kids don't stick up for the blacks?"
    He was being mean to my daughter so she wouldn't let him play with her to which he responded "You are racist, You just won't play with me because I am black, you are a racist"
    urgggg......
    When I brought my first house, I was out mowing the lawn, when a black person came up to me and asked to talk to the owner of the house. When I responded that I was, he looked at me sheepishly and then said" Sorry, I thought you were just the grounds keeper".
    Yes, I was offended, but considered the source.
    I hope your daughter is well, but unfortunately, this is a hard scrabble lesson she had to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by rotgut View Post
    that is because blacks are cry babies who want everything given to them without earning a thing. this will be the case forever.
    Not all blacks fit this category. I've known quite a few that are hardworking people that I have no problem calling my friends. One of my best friends is black. But you've basically hit the nail right on the head. Too many of them are being raised to blame the white guy, milk the system, etc.
    Liberals Suck!

Talk Show Host
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    I agree.
    While I was born in the Philippines, I have a strong Iberian heritage( two of my granduncles fought on the republican side in the Spanish Civil War in 1936)but it was my father's desire when we came here in the early 50's to set aside the old heritage and start a new tradition in this country. Hence he forbade use of the old language and we fervently learned English as our primary tongue.
    Though my siblings and I have learned several languages in the interim, we think not of ourselves as hyphenated, but as Americans alone. The only times national origin comes up is when others bring it up, some not so diplomatically.
    I am sad for what is happening in the old country, but I am more concerned with what happens here. This is where I live, and it is more important to me that we repair what needs fixing here before we go out in the world to "rectify" things . To me, it is just an inane excuse not to make things proper for all Americans , not just a chosen few.
    AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Dork View Post
    One of my best friends is black.
    Did you really say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by MissKitty View Post
    Is your google broke?

I think we need a sub-forum (i.e. Chit Chat, Meet and Greet) called 'Stormfront'

Quote Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
    Did you really say that?
    I have a black cat. she's quite a joy to have around

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.