Racisim...(copy'd from another forum)

LordStanley

I know nothing
Why not just be concerned about people who were born here and not worry about the immigrants from Africa, Mexico, Asia, and Arabia. ...by the way, I was born in America of parents who were born in America and I am, by definition, a native American. but I am not an Indian.

All of our ancestors were immigrants dumb ass.... Unless your native american, everyones great great great great great great great great great great grand parents boated over here.

E

(((echo)))

It may be a bit of extremist thinking but along the lines of offending someone because of race, take into account that we no longer say merry christmas...it's happy hollidays.
Not to mention that the pledge of allegience is no longer in schools along with no mention of religion.
The ultimate being a constitutional right being stripped of DC citizens by denying them the right to own a handgun...

I may be way off....but then again i might not be in predicting that someday in the not so distant future, our own flag no longer flown because it offends someone?

LateApex

You know what...

I don't ever remember reading where a native american, asian american, african american, mexican american etc, would go around - round up white people and hang them from trees...

And this was all done in fun...

Hmmm....

I don't ever remember reading/seeing an asian owned restaurant with signs that say 'asian folk only.'

Hmmm...

Yes these things happened in the past, but it doesn't change the fact that it did happen.

Racism, one form or another, is found in all cultures...

The real question is: what was the intent of this thread?

Is it another - woe is me the poor old white man - thread?

jetmonkey

It may be a bit of extremist thinking but along the lines of offending someone because of race, take into account that we no longer say merry christmas...it's happy hollidays.
Not to mention that the pledge of allegience is no longer in schools along with no mention of religion.
The ultimate being a constitutional right being stripped of DC citizens by denying them the right to own a handgun...

I may be way off....but then again i might not be in predicting that someday in the not so distant future, our own flag no longer flown because it offends someone?
They already have that in California :yay:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Last night down in Hollywood, my gf's brother and I were driving down to a house in California, and a black gentleman on the side of the road, said " Hey you White M***aF***a with the nice ** truck, my hooptie broke down, give me a ride to the liquor store", I was easily offended!!!!!

you should of said, "yea N'er, hook on to the bumper and away we go.:lmao:

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
Some of the most racist people I've ever encountered were Iranian. Iran translates as "land of the Aryans". It's a only a certain fraction of Persians who are racist, most I have met are pretty tolerant and open. But man the ones that are are off the chart (esp. towards Arabs-nothing like a 1400 year old grudge, eh?). The anti-Muslim tirades I heard from my ex would put Mikey to shame.

C6R_Mag

Last night down in Hollywood, my gf's brother and I were driving down to a house in California, and a black gentleman on the side of the road, said " Hey you White M***aF***a with the nice ** truck, my hooptie broke down, give me a ride to the liquor store", I was easily offended!!!!!

why? he said you had a nice truck?

C6R_Mag

wow now your calling me racist.... Didnt mean it like that, okay what about a dirt hole.... wait thats brown.... might be called racist for that..... hmm sorry that dirt is brown!

don't think racism was being insuated. simply asked why does it have be dark? why can it not be lit?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Seriously, I just try to treat people of all races with same dignity and respect that they afford me.

If they pull an attitude towards me, well, it definitely has an effect on my relationship with them.

Maybe it's an unspoken thing, like "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Is that so hard to comprehend?

ewashkow

You know what...

I don't ever remember reading/seeing an asian owned restaurant with signs that say 'asian folk only.'

Hmmm...

Yes these things happened in the past, but it doesn't change the fact that it did happen.

Racism, one form or another, is found in all cultures...

The real question is: what was the intent of this thread?

Is it another - woe is me the poor old white man - thread?

Ok, that does it. I have bit my tongue long enough on this subject. Time for a history lesson.

Newsflash! Blacks were not the only people told they couldn't go certain places or apply for certain jobs within the last 100 years. Until the day my grandfather died, he had a sign in his home office to remind him of how biased this world can be. "Irish need not apply." Turned away because of the way they look. Sound familiar? Red hair and a thick accent stand out in a crowd just as much as skin tone. Want to know how he got over it? He made something of himself instead of sitting back complaining that he wasn't given a fair deal. Because guess what-LIFE ISN'T FAIR!

I experience racism whenever people hear my ethnicity too. On the outside, I am a white female with brown hair and brown eyes that easily blends into a crowd. My background is German, Irish, and Italian. Based off of that, people assume that me and my family were Hitler supporters or skinheads(German), drunken spouse abusers(Irish), and clearly a member of the mob(Italian).

I have no problem that you are a proud black person(don't know if you are a man or woman). I do however have a problem with the fact that you seem to think that society owes you something just because of your skin pigmentation.

Ok, done with my rant now. Let the backlash begin.

Beetlejuice

Ok, that does it. I have bit my tongue long enough on this subject. Time for a history lesson.

Newsflash! Blacks were not the only people told they couldn't go certain places or apply for certain jobs within the last 100 years. Until the day my grandfather died, he had a sign in his home office to remind him of how biased this world can be. "Irish need not apply." Turned away because of the way they look. Sound familiar? Red hair and a thick accent stand out in a crowd just as much as skin tone. Want to know how he got over it? He made something of himself instead of sitting back complaining that he wasn't given a fair deal. Because guess what-LIFE ISN'T FAIR!

I experience racism whenever people hear my ethnicity too. On the outside, I am a white female with brown hair and brown eyes that easily blends into a crowd. My background is German, Irish, and Italian. Based off of that, people assume that me and my family were Hitler supporters or skinheads(German), drunken spouse abusers(Irish), and clearly a member of the mob(Italian).

I have no problem that you are a proud black person(don't know if you are a man or woman). I do however have a problem with the fact that you seem to think that society owes you something just because of your skin pigmentation.

Ok, done with my rant now. Let the backlash begin.

I want my 40 acres and a mule

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
All of our ancestors were immigrants dumb ass.... Unless your native american, everyones great great great great great great great great great great grand parents boated over here.
From Merriam-Webster: native implies birth or origin in a place or region and may suggest compatibility with it