Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Miss Teia.

Mostly settled in... spr1975wshs's Avatar

Update on Miss Teia.

For those who remember the semi-famous Miss Teia Honey, she is still with us and in relatively good health. Had a rough patch earlier this week, but vet says, if the blood work shows what she expects, there are a couple medicines we can give her (thyroid and kidneys). She is down to under 6 pounds, from the 12 she weighed in her more prime time with us.

Biggest finding, vet thinks (saw our usual vet's colleague in the practice, Park Vet Clinic) Teia is likely a bit older than we were led to believe by her previous owner. Teia is likely about 6 months older, which will mean (with the new consensus birth bracket), she will be 19 in June, which will also make 8 years we've had her. The folks we got her from were told 6 months old by the vet they used. Friends in rescue tell me it is not unusual for a vet to underage a cat to make them seem more adoptable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Miss_Teia_Honey-17YearsOld-20151221-01.jpg 
Views:	1023 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	116914
    Last edited by spr1975wshs; 01-31-2017 at 05:54 PM.
    Take care - Steven
    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"

She looks so happy! Our cat Ollie passed in 2015 at the age of 21 years. It's amazing that they can live that long. I hope Teia gets well soon.
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

Thank you. Right now she is atop my leg diligently cleaning my fingers.
    Take care - Steven

Beautiful cat!! Glad she's expected to be around for a while!!

Just got back from Miss Teia's follow up, no more blood, did get a good sample of her bladder contents, expect culture results on Friday.

Her T4 number was in the mild hyperthyroid area, medicine is on order, Doc wrote it as a half usual dose, a gel we'll apply to the inside of her ear once a day.

New thing for Teia, Vet took her blood pressure, which turned out to be in the normal range, even taking into account "white coat fever."

If there is a low grade infection, Dr Ironmonger said that can be treated with a mild antibiotic, otherwise, we'll start the mild kidney med.

Teia did gain .4 pounds, up to 5.8 from 5.4.
    Take care - Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Roman View Post
    She looks so happy! Our cat Ollie passed in 2015 at the age of 21 years. It's amazing that they can live that long. I hope Teia gets well soon.
    Amazing, isn't it! My first cat, Kitty, lived to be 21, as well. I found her in a tree in my front yard in NOLA when I was 10. Don't know where she came from. She died a few months before my dot was born in 1986.

Quote Originally Posted by spr1975wshs View Post
    Just got back from Miss Teia's follow up, no more blood, did get a good sample of her bladder contents, expect culture results on Friday.

Her T4 number was in the mild hyperthyroid area, medicine is on order, Doc wrote it as a half usual dose, a gel we'll apply to the inside of her ear once a day.

New thing for Teia, Vet took her blood pressure, which turned out to be in the normal range, even taking into account "white coat fever."

If there is a low grade infection, Dr Ironmonger said that can be treated with a mild antibiotic, otherwise, we'll start the mild kidney med.

Teia did gain .4 pounds, up to 5.8 from 5.4.
    I wish the best for Miss Teia. She is, obviously, very much loved by you. Does she have calico or tuxedo in her mix?
    ​​Like I said. JMO, yo! - Roman
    If you ignore the trolls, they starve. - Wishbone

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    Amazing, isn't it! My first cat, Kitty, lived to be 21, as well. I found her in a tree in my front yard in NOLA when I was 10. Don't know where she came from. She died a few months before my dot was born in 1986.
    Anita and I have had 10 kitties together so far, our oldest was Calamity Jane Grey, who made it to 21 years 4 months, November 1982 - March 2004.

I wish the best for Miss Teia. She is, obviously, very much loved by you. Does she have calico or tuxedo in her mix?
    Thank you. Dr Bennett at Park Clinic called her a tabby with a big white spot.

She has a few cream highlights, which show up when she is sitting in full sunshine. But, if she had no white, I think she'd be a very dark tabby.

1st dose of the thyroid cream was this morning, she barely flicked her ear at me once it was applied.
    Take care - Steven

8. 02-01-2017, 09:11 PM

Anita and I have had 10 kitties together so far, our oldest was Calamity Jane Grey, who made it to 21 years 4 months, November 1982 - March 2004.Thank you. Dr Bennett at Park Clinic called her a tabby with a big white spot. She has a few cream highlights, which show up when she is sitting in full sunshine. But, if she had no white, I think she'd be a very dark tabby. 1st dose of the thyroid cream was this morning, she barely flicked her ear at me once it was applied.
    Wow! I love her name...Calamity Jane Grey.

Go, Miss Teia!

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    Wow! I love her name...Calamity Jane Grey.

Go, Miss Teia!
    Calamity's sister was Queen Victoria. She lived 17 1/2 years (Nov 82 - May 00). She was also a grey kitty, first 2 my wife and I had together after we married.
    Take care - Steven

Calamity's sister was Queen Victoria. She lived 17 1/2 years (Nov 82 - May 00). She was also a grey kitty, first 2 my wife and I had together after we married.
    Awww. I love your kitty history/stories. We had a grey kitty named Grey Cat...GreyC was her official name at the vet. She had a white diamond on her chest. Santa Claus brought her to our 2 year old dot for Christmas. We found her at an animal shelter like all of our pets (except for Daisy Doodle Dog that we have now; we paid for her through a breeder because of allergy proofness; what a spoiled mess she is ). The joy was priceless. GreyC lived to be 17. The memories are wonderful.

Members who have read this thread: 70