Update on Miss Teia.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thanks, she had several good size snacks since coming home and is now resting peacefully on my wife's lap.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
She seems to be doing better, no straining today, good appetite, has been grooming, social, exploring around the house...

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Teia is standing on my lap.

She got a little of the steak I grilled for supper and then climbed up on the table looking for more, something she very rarely does.

She's been positively spunky since I got home from work.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just back from the vet, No Stones, NO Tumors!

Looks like the antibiotic shot last week knocked back the UTI, but did not eliminate it.
Now, the joy of trying to get her to take antibiotic at home.
Doc said we could crush the 1/4 tabs and mix it with fish oil to squirt in her mouth.

While they had her in the ultrasound cradle, she got a Spa Day, got a manicure and pedicure for the 1st time.
Vet tech said Teia was even purring at one point.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I love the purring part! And, yes, giving the meds is never easy. Sounds as good as it can be. Go, Miss T! :huggy:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Looks like I am well recovered from last week's episode, got back from Dr Shah's office a bit ago and then brought Teia to the vet.

All my blood counts are normal, including the platelets (which has been a long time coming). They were 201,000, low end is 150,000...they were 99,000 a month ago when I last had a blood draw for Dr Shah.
Will get the full blood chemistry report in a day or so.

Teia has 1 liver and 2 kidney numbers that are a little elevated, but Dr Bennett said kitties withstand that better than dogs or people, their desert cat origins. All other numbers were good. Return visit in 3 months.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
And now, Miss Teia is 19...she's skinny, but eats well, seems to be over the health problem she was having early last month.
Did fine under our neighbor's care while we were gone back to Massachusetts for 5 days; family reunion and my mom's 80th birthday.

littlelady

God bless the USA
And now, Miss Teia is 19...she's skinny, but eats well, seems to be over the health problem she was having early last month.
Did fine under our neighbor's care while we were gone back to Massachusetts for 5 days; family reunion and my mom's 80th birthday.

Great news! Go, Miss T!

Happy 80th birthday, spr's mom!

:smile:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
How is Miss T doing?

Not too bad, gets around just fine, jumps up on the couch or chairs okay, getting a little finicky about food, but I add a little Beechnut chicken or turkey baby food and that seems to gain her interest.

Keeps the 2 boy cats in line. They are now 3.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Here is Miss Teia and her courtiers. Cooper is the dark grey boy. Buff is the ginger boy. They are 3, adopted in October 2014 from a rescue that is trying to take care of an ongoing hoarding situation.

(and yes, that's a bunch of pee pads in the corner atop heavy vinyl sheeting. Old gal has not used the litter box in a few years, but uses the puppy pads.)

DSCF0041.jpg

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
For the first time in about a year, Miss Teia made the journey to the second floor to visit the wet shower and have a drink.
We're hoping this means she is feeling a little less her age. She's also had a recent patrol of her garage and a little outside time.
Has been moving around the first floor a bit more, too.

Teia_ShowerWater-2017August29-01.jpg