Update on Miss Teia.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Miss Teia continues to do well. Appetite is good, no more blockages (thus far)...

She is getting to be very insistent that she be given a bit of the people food we are eating: Sunday - grilled lamb, Monday - roast beef, Tuesday - baked chicken, Wednesday - potato salad (though, Anita just let her lick the mayo residue off her plate). It used to be an occasional thing, now it's everything, she has to do a sniff and lick test.

She likes to sit on my computer stand and survey her domain.
Queen_Teia76.jpg

Buff likes to burrow into the cover and pad over the couch and make himself a hammock.
BUff in his hammock72.jpg

Cooper just surveys the "damage" with amazement at his brother.
Cooper_Surveying74.jpg

littlelady

God bless the USA
Love the pics. Glad Miss T is doing well. When are we invited to dinner? Yum! :lol:

I just looked up your sig. Extremely interesting. I learned something today. Thanks!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Love the pics. Glad Miss T is doing well. When are we invited to dinner? Yum! :lol:

I just looked up your sig. Extremely interesting. I learned something today. Thanks!

I think she will make it at least to her birthday in June. I really hope she makes it to June 2019. She'll be 21, but that will also be 10 years for her with us. I've wanted to give her that as a makeup for the decade of benign neglect she got from her previous people. I will give them full credit for rescuing her and getting her healed up.

Once the house is no longer a still moving in mess...that illness, cancer diagnosis, treatment and aftermath really threw a monkey wrench into things.

Been a Lovecraft fan since 1st reading "The Dunwich Horror" and "The Color Out Of Space" in junior high school. I reread his stories every year or so.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I think she will make it at least to her birthday in June. I really hope she makes it to June 2019. She'll be 21, but that will also be 10 years for her with us. I've wanted to give her that as a makeup for the decade of benign neglect she got from her previous people. I will give them full credit for rescuing her and getting her healed up.

Once the house is no longer a still moving in mess...that illness, cancer diagnosis, treatment and aftermath really threw a monkey wrench into things.

Been a Lovecraft fan since 1st reading "The Dunwich Horror" and "The Color Out Of Space" in junior high school. I reread his stories every year or so.

No matter how long Miss T lives, she had an excellent life thanks to you and wife. I am so glad you beat your cancer. If I still lived in Southern MD, I would want to meet you. You are one of the most interesting, and caring people on this forum. Take care of yourself and Miss T. :smile:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
No matter how long Miss T lives, she had an excellent life thanks to you and wife. I am so glad you beat your cancer. If I still lived in Southern MD, I would want to meet you. You are one of the most interesting, and caring people on this forum. Take care of yourself and Miss T. :smile:

Shucks ma'am, just tryin' to be the man my mom and dad hoped I would be.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Just back from the vet clinic with Miss Teia.
She was stopped up a little, needed blood work to check how the thyroid medicine is working.

Over all, she looked good for her age, even gained a few ounces since last time.
Blood work results were good, no surprises. Kidney numbers are still at the low end of too high.
Thyroid, liver, calcium, electrolytes and blood count were all good, too.

Got subq fluids, considering taking her in every week or so for that.
She will not stay still long enough at home for us to do it.

First thing she wanted when we got home was food, which is a change from earlier today.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Just back from the vet clinic with Miss Teia.
She was stopped up a little, needed blood work to check how the thyroid medicine is working.

Over all, she looked good for her age, even gained a few ounces since last time.
Blood work results were good, no surprises. Kidney numbers are still at the low end of too high.
Thyroid, liver, calcium, electrolytes and blood count were all good, too.

Got subq fluids, considering taking her in every week or so for that.
She will not stay still long enough at home for us to do it.

First thing she wanted when we got home was food, which is a change from earlier today.

You are doing all you can for her. She is a lucky kitty!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Started Miss Teia on Calcitriol for her kidneys (2 doses a week).
She has been responding well to the thyroid medicine (once a day, cream in her ear).

Last check up she had, weigh in showed she gained a few ounces. Numbers for her thyroid and liver looked good, kidney showed a little weak still.

Will bring her in for a check on the blood work after 5th dose of the new medicine.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Started Miss Teia on Calcitriol for her kidneys (2 doses a week).
She has been responding well to the thyroid medicine (once a day, cream in her ear).

Last check up she had, weigh in showed she gained a few ounces. Numbers for her thyroid and liver looked good, kidney showed a little weak still.

Will bring her in for a check on the blood work after 5th dose of the new medicine.

:huggy:

Mavis

I don't want to put a damper on all the good work you've been doing, with Miss Teia. But are you aware onions are bad for cats, or do you use a recipe with out onion.? Keep up the good work and may she continue to enjoy a happy life.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don't want to put a damper on all the good work you've been doing, with Miss Teia. But are you aware onions are bad for cats, or do you use a recipe with out onion.? Keep up the good work and may she continue to enjoy a happy life.

I know what you are saying. Some people food is really bad for pets. But, I think Miss T's days are limited, and she should enjoy herself. I was really ignorant about the people food thing, until I researched it 20 years ago. Yes, onions, garlic, grapes, chocolate, and more are bad. Thanks for your post. I am sure it well help others. :smile: And, I guess we all have to make our own choices about our pets.

Last edited:

Mavis

And that's me put in my place!
Not everyone realises something as innocuous as a small amount of onion can undo all the good work, that has already been done. Vets are not cheap and he obviously wants his friend to be as comfortable as possible. I was just trying to pass on some information that he may not been aware of.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Did make a little portion for her without onion, as she was being very insistent as I was cutting the corned beef. Added a little potato so it was more of a pate. But, that is a good reminder, as I thought I'd read that.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Did make a little portion for her without onion, as she was being very insistent as I was cutting the corned beef. Added a little potato so it was more of a pate. But, that is a good reminder, as I thought I'd read that.

Miss T is one lucky girl. And, Mavis is right about the onions. I hope to be wishing Miss T happy birthday in June.

Side note. I deleted two of my posts here because I was thinking too much about my animals. I need to stay on topic and not get too sad, or self absorbed. :smile: And, huggy to you and Miss T! :huggy:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Brought herself to the vet yesterday for a blood check and subq fluids.
News was good, while her kidneys are still a little weak, her condition is stable.

Teia has even gained 4 ounces, now 5# 13 oz, where she was 5# 9 oz 4 weeks ago.

Her appetite was good today, though she had an upset stomach this morning.

This evening, feeling spunky enough she went out in the back yard and was all the way down the 14 steps to the grass before i got from the patio door to the head of the stairs.

DSCF1139.jpg
Peace in the Queen's House. Teia let Buff share her supper last night.
From her origins and the way she was in the first few years with us, never thought I'd see her let another cat be this close to her.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Need some kind thoughts for Miss Teia, had to bring her to the vet this afternoon, looks like a urinary infection. Hard on a being of any age, but if she were a human, she'd be 90.