Accident W/Injuries Point Lookout Rd & Aster Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FaP

Thoughts and prayers for this family, so sorry for your loss.

Thank you, didn't even know it was family involved in this when I was reading the thread earlier. Just got the text not too long ago.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
2350: Police and SHA just now clearing the scene. I believe the reconstruction is complete.

poster

Thank you, didn't even know it was family involved in this when I was reading the thread earlier. Just got the text not too long ago.

I have this sinking feeling that I know these people.
Your aunt is she married but not living with her husband?

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Crap. Two YO not buckled.

I hope a few folks see this thread and a few take the time to think about this. I see folks every now and again with an unbuckled child. Even hear calls go out on the scanner where folks call the Police after having seen one.

Takes a few bucks and just a moments time. Buckle those kids in peeps. :yay:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
Just waking up here and hearing yet another Officer working a Reconstruction Card. Unsure if there was yet another accident in the night or they were still working the same incident.

bcp

In My Opinion
It is so hard to read about accidents that involve small children.
2 years old and no restraints? what are people thinking.

bcp

In My Opinion
Did anyone hear how the child came out?
that is the worse nightmare of any parent.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
It is so hard to read about accidents that involve small children.
2 years old and no restraints? what are people thinking.

My boys are 12 & 15 and even though they usually end up riding in the back seat, they know the first thing I am gonna do is make sure they buckle up. Every once in a while I'll catch the 12 YO trying to be slick and put the seatbelt under is arm as opposed to over his shoulder. I get the :rolleyes: when I tell him to put it on right and hopefully he will be around and healthy and can :rolleyes: at me for a long time to come.

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
I haven't heard anything, will try to find out more if I can.

I heard from a friend who is a member of the family that the child suffered 2 broken legs and broken collarbone. Have not heard anything on the mother/grandmother.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all family & friends. I recently lost a young family member to a similar situtation and understand what they are going through :huggy:

K

kris31280

A 2 year old, not restrained, seriously? :shakeshead: I've got no words for it because I'm dumbfounded.

T&P to the families of the injured and deceased.

Ibelieve

A week late and $3 short
Not having a child restrained is completely unacceptable. Agreed. But also, if I'm reading the story correctly, the one that caused this wasn't paying attention to the stopped car making a turn. Another :shakeshead: moment. Pay attention, people!!!! The law is you stop behind the car until they make the turn safely. You do no go around on the shoulder, you do not come flying up and crash into them from behind.

Many blessings and courage and prayers to the family and victims, but also to the one who caused it. I'm not sure how I could live with it.

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
Not having a child restrained is completely unacceptable.

We can only assume that the child was not restrained due to negligence. Who's to say that the child did not unbuckle him/herself :shrug:

Either way, this is a truly sad situtation and my thoughts & prayers go out to those involved.

When things like this happen, it reminds me of how precious life is and tomorrow is never promised, life can change in the blink of an eye.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
We can only assume that the child was not restrained due to negligence. Who's to say that the child did not unbuckle him/herself :shrug:

Either way, this is a truly sad situtation and my thoughts & prayers go out to those involved.

When things like this happen, it reminds me of how precious life is and tomorrow is never promised, life can change in the blink of an eye.

Because a two year old, assuming they are not enormously large for their age should be not only buckled but in an appropriate child seat..which are generally tough for little ones to unbuckle..(it happens, i know). My little cousin was severely injured not too long ago when her dumb*** mother put a damn 30 pound child in a regular seat belt instead of a seat:cds:..the seatbelt bisected her intestines and she had to have extensive surgury..as well as a terrible head injury when she flew up and hit the roof...brain swelling and all..had to have surgury there as well...her couple month old brother was completely unharmed, because he was in an infant seat! Please everyone buckle your children appropriatly..im sure it wasnt to be cruel she wasnt buckled...many have even said oh when i was little i rode around in the car without a seat and i lived. sure...out of pure luck. buckle your babies.

mgdbaa

I see that a car hit her in the back of her car causing her car to cross the center line where she was then hit head on from a vehicle coming from the other direction. What happened to the driver who caused this accident. People with poor diving skills or who just do not pay attention, or texting, or putting make up on or talking on the phone when they should be paying attention to the road and potential accidents. A careless driver I am sure of has taken the life of a childs mother. I am so sorry for the family. Even though the child should have been in restraints, doesn't dismiss the careless drivers of others who cause this kind of damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.