American Prisoner in Afghanistan Freed.

mamatutu

mama to two

I posted an article about military reaction earlier today. That is why this whole situation is unsettling. Not to mention, the soldiers that died in the last 5 years that were on detail to find this soldier. Obama pisses me off, but this is way over the top. Why is Bergdahl so much more important than the others who gave their life, and came home in a coffin, and that doesn't even make the news, anymore. "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark." (Shakespeare) Something is wrong with this exchange. It is called VOTES. Obama is driven on his ideology, and he is evil, and uncaring. What about the VA that has been under his watch for going on 6 years. He is not a patriot. Period. Disgusting.

Is this what he meant when he said he would close Gitmo in his campaign speeches; by letting terrorists back into the free world to fulfill his goal? If I wasn't a God fearing, upstanding and law abiding citizen, I might rethink my alternatives to end this situation that is Obama. Sickening.

Last edited:

GW8345

Not White House Approved
From what I've heard, this guy walked away from his post and was "captured". To me, he's not a hero but a deserter and should be strung up, he deserted his post, fellow fellow soldiers died trying to find him. Also, here's a nagging question, why did the taliban hold him for over five years, he's a low ranking soldier, it's not like he had a lot of info or was very valuable. In the videos, he appears to be in good health, not tortured or beaten, and the didn't cut his head off like they normally do so why did they go to all that trouble to keep him alive instead of just killing him in one of their propaganda videos?

Also, his father seems to be a taliban cheerleader, seems his mission is to free all those Gitmo detainees, looks like he was successful in getting 5 of them release for his POS son.

Hijinx

From what I've heard, this guy walked away from his post and was "captured". To me, he's not a hero but a deserter and should be strung up, he deserted his post, fellow fellow soldiers died trying to find him. Also, here's a nagging question, why did the taliban hold him for over five years, he's a low ranking soldier, it's not like he had a lot of info or was very valuable. In the videos, he appears to be in good health, not tortured or beaten, and the didn't cut his head off like they normally do so why did they go to all that trouble to keep him alive instead of just killing him in one of their propaganda videos?

Also, his father seems to be a taliban cheerleader, seems his mission is to free all those Gitmo detainees, looks like he was successful in getting 5 of them release for his POS son.

This thing has gone completely crazy;

The soldiers that served with him call him a deserter. Men were killed looking for him Good men.
He wrote that he was ashamed to be American. (remind you of anyone else?)
He wasn't killed like other prisoners.
His father has tweeted that he wants more releases from Gitmo

Meanwhile his home town is planning a huge welcome home party.
The military is planning on days of interviews with him
He might get a court martial.
Obama broke the law in getting him freed.

This whole thing has turned into another typical Obama flustercluck; Like everything this stupid wannabee dictator has done since he walked down Pa. Ave. on election day./

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This whole thing has turned into another typical Obama flustercluck; Like everything this stupid wannabee dictator has done since he walked down Pa. Ave. on election day./

I disagree. Most of what he does at the very least makes sense for HIS viewpoint. This thing makes NONE.

The ONLY rational I can see in any of this, the Syria debacle, Ukraine, this 'trade', the emissions scam, is that, from his view, his last two years will be a lot more fun IF the GOP is running the show, ie, takes the Senate.

Consider. If this fiasco is a precursor to a campaign promise, closing Gitmo, it's just another nail in the coffin of marginal D senators in already tight races. As stupid an idea as Gitmo is, at the end of the day, we are still a nation of pussies and we see Gitmo as 'security'; the far away closet we keep bogeymen in. ONE attack comes from this, ONE American soldier kidnapped in a plan to get more releases, the D's are D O N E this fall and they, likely, already are. If you say a D potus wants his party to have some help this fall, you sure as HELL don't trade 5 big time bad guys for ONE AWOL numb nut no one, NO ONE has been clamoring for.

This, so far, is a special kind of ####ed up.

hooknline

Expect to see a lot of Americans kidnapped in the next couple of years.
Obama will trade GITMO prisoners for them and be lauded by the state run news agencies for his humanitarian acts.
Once Gitmo is empty Obama will close it and score another win with the progressives

I think you touched on something with Gitmo. I agree this illegal exchange will now put our real hero's at risk in the future and this could make any captured servicemembers be used as pawns. But putting BO - Bamma's dersertion issue aside for a second as he is soon joined with both of his Dad's and his Mother, the whole GITMO thing is troubling as to the number exchanged and the high profile prisoners. Why were these prisoners chosen instead of lesser threats and having an excuse to release these five through a prisoner exchange, does it make releasing the other twelve easier with less heat from Congress and then be able to close GITMO as they have wanted forso long? I really believe there is a stradegy in how and who were chosen and who is left in Prison by the Obama administration. (Also scroll down on CNN story and you will find statements in the comment sections from people who claim to served at firebase with him in the 501st.) I remember the desertion thing being mentioned years ago although kept a clear (leave it to professional Military investigators mindset)

hooknline

To clarify above statement; What if Obama has been looking for a reason to close GITMO and either push off prisoners to another Country as he has mentioned before in past and this exchange regardless of desertion issue gave him the opportunity he has looked for? If this exchange did not occur and eventually something would need to be done to address the GITMO issue in future, how would a President go to Congress as the law requires to request the release of 5 highly dangerous Taliban Terroist + 12 more knowing that Congress would question the threat to America. Gitmo would be an endless black hole for the President or any who followed in future. So did he see this as an opportunity to address the GITMO issue in a "Backdoor" sort of way to bypass Congressional approval? I guess we will see what happens in the next two years concerning GITMO and any suggestions to free remaining prisoners and to close down GITMO.

Chris0nllyn

Let's see how things get handled.

Congress is supposed to get 30 days notice when transfering Gitmo prisoners.

Hijinx

Question: Closing down Gitmo. Just what does that mean?

Does it mean getting rid of the prison there or actually closing the base.
Do we intend to transfer Gitmo to Cuban authorities? Or will we leave a presence there?

Midnightrider

Let's see how things get handled.

Congress is supposed to get 30 days notice when transfering Gitmo prisoners.
Congress is also supposed to declare war prior to the USA taking prisoners of war

I doubt there will be very much resistance to this move. There will be lots of rumbling and posturing, but no substantial challenges.

MarieB

It is believed that he may have abandoned his post and left the safety of the base under his own free will. I'm sure the real story will come out shortly.

I'm coming into this late and haven't read the entire thread yet, but Rolling Stone covered that way back then. As far as I saw today, only The Christian Science monitor mentioned it

daileyck1

Question: Closing down Gitmo. Just what does that mean?

Does it mean getting rid of the prison there or actually closing the base.
Do we intend to transfer Gitmo to Cuban authorities? Or will we leave a presence there?

Just the prison, I doubt we will ever let go of that base.

mamatutu

mama to two
Just the prison, I doubt we will ever let go of that base.

We should keep the prison, so that Obama can go there when he is impeached for treason. They can then make into a luxury resort for jihadists/terrorists/non-patriots, and American taxpayers can pay for it! Which is already the case, and Obama will fit right in! And, he can play golf until his little ole heart is content. Don't bother with your FAIL replies to me. I had your number a long time ago, and Obama's.

Oh, and they should definitely delegate some green space other than the golf course for the sheep grazing grounds.

Last edited:

Pushrod

Patriot
I know one of the guys in his unit that was there at the time of this debacle. That man is a deserter and probably a traitor. He left his gear behind and when the search parties went out looking for him and talking to local villagers, they were told that he was actively seeking out the Taliban. He changed sides. There is a good chance he fed information and aided the enemy in conducting ambushes of American troops. At least six men died looking for him with many more WIA. All those who were there with him when he deserted had to sign NDA, what does that tell you?

Hijinx

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ng-taliban-inmates-but-defends-bergdahl-swap/

" there's "absolutely" a risk that the former Guantanamo inmates will try to return to the battlefield -- but nevertheless defended the deal as in America's interest.

"I wouldn't be doing it if I thought that it was contrary to American national security," Obama said. "

Bwahahaha, that's a good one. If you believe that one he will tell you another.
What has he done in the last 5 years that is in the interest of America.?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
The more I hear about this the angrier I get.

We have a woman that lives around here somewhere, she has stickers all over her car advocating for this guy, has been since he disappeared. I see her all the time. I picture her frantically peeling all those stickers off her car. She's been all over the news down here. I imagine she's not feeling too good about this guy right now.

Saw one reporter on TV this morning during a press conference asking why the guy in Mexico hasn't been freed and said I'm sure we have some drug cartels to trade. Shame it's come down to this type of stuff.