American Prisoner in Afghanistan Freed.

daileyck1

Tilted always says things well. Sometimes I agree with him. This is one of those times.

We have to wonder about what is behind this. Can we do this without being accused of being a Conspiracy theorist?

First Obama had to know this man was thought of in some circles as a traitor. He had to know that.
He also knew that these were the five most dangerous men in Gitmo.
He wants to close Gitmo, he has stated he will. Get rid of the 5 most dangerous without a lot of stink and the rest should be easy to get rid of.
On his side of the equation , we will be leaving Afghanistan soon and he wouldn't look good leaving a prisoner there.
Now the Taliban has made a habit of returning those captured in pieces. Why wasn't this man in pieces?
Was he really a prisoner? Was his use to the Taliban at an end, and what will he now do when he returns?
If he is proven a traitor which is an unlikely thing to happen. We haven't punished a Traitor in years, In fact we made one Secretary of State. Another
We made into a multi millionaire movie star and Video maker.
I doubt he will be able to find a job with a reputation as a traitor, but will he be a sleeper agent for the Taliban?

We know that Obama is more than partial to Muslims. Does that enter into this?
This certainly will not help the Democrats in their elections this year.
Obama stated that this was an opportunity, well after working on it for 2 years I suppose that opportunity finally came.
We did negotiate with terrorists , no matter what Jay Carney and Obama say.
In fact we negotiate with terrorists every time Obama invites CAIR to the White House.

If our House of Representatives has any credibility at all they would impeach this incompetent bozo.
Even incompetence has it's limits and Obama has gone way past that.

Just too much wrong in this post.
Raygun negotiated with terrorists.

Doesn't matter what the Sgt is suspected of doing, you bring him home and then you can investigate and possible court martial.

"We know that Obama is more than partial to Muslims. Does that enter into this?"
My favorite part, got anything to back that up?

mamatutu

mama to two
---

Attachments

• BpJnLBSIEAA8ipQ.jpg
    BpJnLBSIEAA8ipQ.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 117

This_person

Doesn't matter what the Sgt is suspected of doing, you bring him home and then you can investigate and possible court martial.

"We know that Obama is more than partial to Muslims. Does that enter into this?"
I presume by "Raygun" you mean Pres Reagan. I further presume you are referring to the Iran-Contra issue. So, the logical conclusion of you invoking that image is that you fully support the Obama administration being fully and aggressively investigated and the perpetrators of any crimes established by that investigation prosecuted to the full extent of the law, right?

I have to agree that the soldier's (deserter's) actions are of no importance. As an ex-military man, I can tell you that I would have been honored to stay in captivity instead of a) causing the president to violate the law, b) put the nation at risk by releasing such high level enemies, c) negotiate with terrorists.

Hijinx

If Reagan did it does that make it allright?
As I recall the media almost shat when that happened. why do they not have a conniption when Obama does it?

Have you been sleeping for the last 5 years?
His Father was a Muslim
His Stepfather was a Muslim
He stated the most beautiful sound he ever heard was a Muslim call to prayer
He skips the Day or prayer ,but he never skips Ramadan.
He wants to close Gitmo and he just released 5 of the worst terrorists.

Damn do you pay any attention at all?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
This whole thing is turning into a freak show. Just watched Gregory talking with Hagel and it sounds odder and odder.

It moved the new EPA regs that will destroy our economy to the back page

[video=youtube;HlTxGHn4sH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4[/video]

GW8345

Not White House Approved
I find the timing of Bergdahl’s “release” very suspicious, I wonder if the Taliban had offered to trade bergdahl for their friends a while back and with the VA scandal blowing up in barry’s face he decided it was a good time to take the deal. Now he can point and say “see, I do take care of our military, I brought a deserter home”, hence the reason why the administration “had little time to act”.

Everything this administration has done has been for political gain, nothing has been done in the best interest of the country or its citizens, it’s all design to enhance barry’s political footing/reputation.

Hijinx

A big win for the White House??? Are these folks on crack???

Here are some more people on crack.

http://www.newsmax.com/newswidget/T...medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1

Harry might be revealing the real secret. Did they get rid of the 5 worst so they could close the place?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/3/dianne-feinstein-white-house-sorry-oversight-bergd/

Feinstain was told it was an oversight that Congress was not notified and she accepts that. What a batch of BS. If she accepts that lie she will accept anything Barrack tells her. She isn't that stupid, she is that sycophantic. Just a puppet, as are all Democrats in Congress.

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
White House claims ‘swift boating’ of Bergdahl

Kimberly C @conkc2

Was getting ready for work this morning when I heard @chucktodd use the term "swift boat" in regards to White House reaction. #JawDropped

Michelle McCormick @TexMex817

Wow @chucktodd reporting on @TheTodayShow WH aides telling him "we didn't know they (Bergdahl's platoon) was going to swift boat him."”

Cuffé @CuffyMeh

Hi @chucktodd, did the White House literally use the term "swift boat" to describe Bergdahl's platoon's reaction? Please confirm.

Chuck Todd @chucktodd

@CuffyMeh I didn't make it up
http://twitchy.com/2014/06/04/wow-a...smears-vets-claims-swift-boating-of-bergdahl/

If you believe the WH doesn't disdain the military, look no further.

mamatutu

mama to two
"The Taliban has released a video showing the handover of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to US Special Forces in eastern Afghanistan. The 17-minute tape is a narrative of the entire event, starting with the freshly shaven Sergeant Bergdahl waiting inside a silver and red quarter-ton pickup and ending with US troops hustling him inside a waiting Blackhawk helicopter to safety.

June 4 (Bloomberg) -- A new video released by the Taliban on Wednesday shows the handover of Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl from their custody to U.S. Special Forces....

If there’s a theme the Taliban fighters wish to convey, it may be summarized by the words which come on screen after the handover is complete: "Don’t come back to Afghanistan." The first word is misspelled as “Don," but the idea comes across anyway. At one point, the Taliban say the same thing to Bergdahl, with evident amusement.

Defense Department spokesman Rear Adm. John Kirby said the Pentagon was reviewing the video but had no reason to doubt its authenticity.

More plus video:

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/DC-Decoder/2014/0604/Bowe-Bergdahl-video-Why-did-Taliban-release-it-now

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What if Berghdal was CIA?

Consider. Since, what, at least '08, we were getting really good at finding and killing leadership, right? So, sources dry up, Gitmo becomes declining return on investment as the enemy adapts to find new ways to keep secrets so, CIA sets up this ruse, complete with the AWOL thing so there is nothing but plausible denialbility and this kid becomes one of them for 5 years, right? So, now, the bad guys think their getting back their guys and getting rid of this kook who uh...well....uh.....OK, I tried.

This thing makes NO sense UNLESS the administration is trying to provoke a confrontation. None.

Midnightrider

What if Berghdal was CIA?

Consider. Since, what, at least '08, we were getting really good at finding and killing leadership, right? So, sources dry up, Gitmo becomes declining return on investment as the enemy adapts to find new ways to keep secrets so, CIA sets up this ruse, complete with the AWOL thing so there is nothing but plausible denialbility and this kid becomes one of them for 5 years, right? So, now, the bad guys think their getting back their guys and getting rid of this kook who uh...well....uh.....OK, I tried.

This thing makes NO sense UNLESS the administration is trying to provoke a confrontation. None.

the simplest explaination i have seen/heard is "we do prisoner exchanges at the end of wars. We are at the end of the war on terror/afghan".

Larry Gude

Strung Out
the simplest explaination i have seen/heard is "we do prisoner exchanges at the end of wars. We are at the end of the war on terror/afghan".

This is problematic on several levels. Deserters are not POW's. He was not held by anyone we were/are at war with. It seems the people who did have him are considered a terror organization. There is evidence to suggest he aid and abetted the enemy. Add to that that it seems clear that this has been in the works for several years with constant and consistent opposition from several directions.

Midnightrider

This is problematic on several levels. Deserters are not POW's. He was not held by anyone we were/are at war with. It seems the people who did have him are considered a terror organization. There is evidence to suggest he aid and abetted the enemy. Add to that that it seems clear that this has been in the works for several years with constant and consistent opposition from several directions.

its only problematic becasue we never declared war prior to going to war....

i'm not convinced of the deserter status. but even if you accept that he was a deserter that doesn't mean that he wasn't also a POW. It sounds like the guy had mental issues. We wouldn't turn our back on him here in the states for that, why would we when he is overseas at our request (orders).

Larry Gude

Strung Out
its only problematic becasue we never declared war prior to going to war....

i'm not convinced of the deserter status. but even if you accept that he was a deserter that doesn't mean that he wasn't also a POW. It sounds like the guy had mental issues. We wouldn't turn our back on him here in the states for that, why would we when he is overseas at our request (orders).

If you wanna play games with this, where is the indication he was even a prisoner?

mamatutu

mama to two

The US may be ending the war in Astan, but the terrorists are not ending the war against the US. Letting those guys out of Gitmo is like letting five mass murders out of our own prison system. Letting those guys go makes the US look so weak, and we have helped to reenergize the terrorists. The whole situation is terrifying, so to speak. What is Obama up to? If this was just for a smokescreen to take attention away from other issues/scandals, or a political play because of upcoming elections, to make himself look like a hero (that part backfired on him), or whatever the reason, it has put America more at risk than we already were. When someone like Feinstein is left out of the loop, there is something more wrong than usual. My opinion of Obama hasn't changed. The presidency is all about Obama, and not about the best interest of America. Period.

Just a reminder: I have posted on this forum many times before that I had high hopes for Obama at the beginning, even though I didn't vote for him. I have formed my negative opinion of Obama's from his actions as POTUS.