American Prisoner in Afghanistan Freed.

itsrequired

I know one of the guys in his unit that was there at the time of this debacle. That man is a deserter and probably a traitor. He left his gear behind and when the search parties went out looking for him and talking to local villagers, they were told that he was actively seeking out the Taliban. He changed sides. There is a good chance he fed information and aided the enemy in conducting ambushes of American troops. At least six men died looking for him with many more WIA. All those who were there with him when he deserted had to sign NDA, what does that tell you?

Unbelievable. I have to admit, when this story first broke I thought it was a good idea to get him out and understood the exigencies sometimes do occur. The more I hear about this guy and his actions, I think wtf? I have never liked Obama, but have always thought well maybe that’s just my politics. This thing…..I hope there are dems and repubs alike who call him out on this!

Hijinx

More. My gawd Barry's staff really screwed up big time on this whole debacle. And nobody is going to take Susan Rice's word for anything ever again.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/we-swore-oath-and-we-upheld-ours-he-did-not_794093.html

Like most Americans I was elated that this man was being returned.
That was then, this is now.
The more that is coming out the less elated and the more pissed off I am getting.

Obama had access to these men who are charging Bergdahl with desertion.
Obviously they spoke of it when he deserted.
Why wasn't this taken under advisement before Obama started making a deal with the Taliban?

Everything Obama does is a calculated PR stunt.
This one has blown up in his face, Like so many others.

Fast and Furious was calculated to get strict gun laws passed in this country --that blew up in his face
The IRS scandal was a calculated move by Obama and Democrat Senators and that blew up in their faces,
His lie on Benghazi blew up in his face.
Obamacare has not blown up yet, but it will eventually bankrupt us as a nation or it will mean the deaths of millions of elderly Americans.
Just as the VA has killed so many Veterans with their clinic like plans to make the figures look god at the expense of the patient.

Do you know what our President did Wednesday? Well he Fuked up again.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/30/politics/obama-death-camps/index.html

Pissed off the Poles . Evidently his speech writers are total buffoons.
By the way he and John F'in are in Warsaw today. Did he take the Michelle with him?
He seems to like being far away from her.

Vince

This thing has gone completely crazy;

The soldiers that served with him call him a deserter. Men were killed looking for him Good men.
He wrote that he was ashamed to be American. (remind you of anyone else?)
He wasn't killed like other prisoners.
His father has tweeted that he wants more releases from Gitmo

Meanwhile his home town is planning a huge welcome home party.
The military is planning on days of interviews with him
He might get a court martial.
Obama broke the law in getting him freed.

This whole thing has turned into another typical Obama flustercluck; Like everything this stupid wannabee dictator has done since he walked down Pa. Ave. on election day./
All of the above. This guy is a traitor who walked away from his post and cost good men their lives in trying to find him.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
L
Do you know what our President did Wednesday? Well he Fuked up again.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/30/politics/obama-death-camps/index.html

Pissed off the Poles . .

Polish Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski tweeted Tuesday night: "White House apologizes for outrageous blunder. PM Tusk will take his position in the morning. It's a shame that this important ceremony was overshadowed by ignorance and incompetence."

Are there still people left on the planet that would expect anything else from Barry??

Makavide

Not too talkative
first they release the name of the CIA station chief last week, then the prisoner swap - coincidence?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
The father of this guy seems like a nutter too. Just by the things he tweets, but I'm sure he'll blame it on being distraught about his son being held prisoner.

Sometimes a bare list of adjectives does more work in expressing a given sentiment than a more thorough explanation would in explaining it, so...

Disgusting.
Atrocious.
Unconscionable.

The current administration has been criticized for a lot of things, most administrations are. Often the criticisms have been silly, over-the-top, misinformed, misguided, or otherwise... well... just weak sauce. On the other hand, often the criticisms have been fair, reasonable, thoughtful, and well-deserved; sometimes they don't even seem to go far enough. My initial assessment - my gut assessment - of this development is that it may be the most repugnant, the most viscerally objectionable, action this administration has taken to date.

Sure, there have been policy decisions that will likely have more meaningful negative consequences in the long run. And, sure, this administration (and Congress with this administration's encouragement or acquiescence) has taken actions or implemented policies that do more violence to our Constitution than this prisoner trade does. And, sure, some of the rhetoric from this administration has likely been more meaningfully poisonous than this exchange will be. But, qualitatively rather than quantitatively, this is just horrible - about as horrible, or more horrible, than anything this President has done. It's shameful. We should not further encourage parties hostile to our interests to kidnap or hold or endanger members of our military or, for that matter, citizens of our nation. We shouldn't give them reason to believe we will reward them for doing so, not for want of a feel good moment or even, for the most part, to save an American life. A single known, specified, life is generally not more important - not more precious nor more valuable - than countless as-yet-unknown, unspecified, lives.

That said, and on a lighter note, did it occur to anyone else that the Taliban missed an opportunity here for a huge comedic moment? Or, missed the chance to score a rhetorical victory? I envision a Taliban representative releasing a short video to news outlets in which they say something like: The U.S. government has offered to exchange 5 prisoners from Guantanamo for Mr. Bergdahl. But, as much as we long to see our brothers returned home where they belong, we have steadfastly refused this offer. I must repeat, it is the unwavering policy of the Taliban that we do not negotiate with terrorists.

:smile:

MarieB

The father of this guy seems like a nutter too. Just by the things he tweets, but I'm sure he'll blame it on being distraught about his son being held prisoner.

His father looks like a Taliban.

When this news broke I felt like playing devil's advocate and thought that maybe it was more dangerous for us to leave him there, but it's been 5 years. What ever knowledge that he had that could aid them was already dispensed at this
Point. I see that more mainstream press have picked up on the desertion details today

SamSpade

But, as much as we long to see our brothers returned home where they belong, we have steadfastly refused this offer. I must repeat, it is the unwavering policy of the Taliban that we do not negotiate with terrorists. [/I]

I still say we should trade a few million illegals for that Marine in Mexico.

itsrequired

Sometimes a bare list of adjectives does more work in expressing a given sentiment than a more thorough explanation would in explaining it, so...

Disgusting.
Atrocious.
Unconscionable.

The current administration has been criticized for a lot of things, most administrations are. Often the criticisms have been silly, over-the-top, misinformed, misguided, or otherwise... well... just weak sauce. On the other hand, often the criticisms have been fair, reasonable, thoughtful, and well-deserved; sometimes they don't even seem to go far enough. My initial assessment - my gut assessment - of this development is that it may be the most repugnant, the most viscerally objectionable, action this administration has taken to date.

Sure, there have been policy decisions that will likely have more meaningful negative consequences in the long run. And, sure, this administration (and Congress with this administration's encouragement or acquiescence) has taken actions or implemented policies that do more violence to our Constitution than this prisoner trade does. And, sure, some of the rhetoric from this administration has likely been more meaningfully poisonous than this exchange will be. But, qualitatively rather than quantitatively, this is just horrible - about as horrible, or more horrible, than anything this President has done. It's shameful. We should not further encourage parties hostile to our interests to kidnap or hold or endanger members of our military or, for that matter, citizens of our nation. We shouldn't give them reason to believe we will reward them for doing so, not for want of a feel good moment or even, for the most part, to save an American life. A single known, specified, life is generally not more important - not more precious nor more valuable - than countless as-yet-unknown, unspecified, lives.

That said, and on a lighter note, did it occur to anyone else that the Taliban missed an opportunity here for a huge comedic moment? Or, missed the chance to score a rhetorical victory? I envision a Taliban representative releasing a short video to news outlets in which they say something like: The U.S. government has offered to exchange 5 prisoners from Guantanamo for Mr. Bergdahl. But, as much as we long to see our brothers returned home where they belong, we have steadfastly refused this offer. I must repeat, it is the unwavering policy of the Taliban that we do not negotiate with terrorists.

Wow, I wish I could have said it this well!

Hijinx

Wow, I wish I could have said it this well!

Tilted always says things well. Sometimes I agree with him. This is one of those times.

We have to wonder about what is behind this. Can we do this without being accused of being a Conspiracy theorist?

First Obama had to know this man was thought of in some circles as a traitor. He had to know that.
He also knew that these were the five most dangerous men in Gitmo.
He wants to close Gitmo, he has stated he will. Get rid of the 5 most dangerous without a lot of stink and the rest should be easy to get rid of.
On his side of the equation , we will be leaving Afghanistan soon and he wouldn't look good leaving a prisoner there.
Now the Taliban has made a habit of returning those captured in pieces. Why wasn't this man in pieces?
Was he really a prisoner? Was his use to the Taliban at an end, and what will he now do when he returns?
If he is proven a traitor which is an unlikely thing to happen. We haven't punished a Traitor in years, In fact we made one Secretary of State. Another
We made into a multi millionaire movie star and Video maker.
I doubt he will be able to find a job with a reputation as a traitor, but will he be a sleeper agent for the Taliban?

We know that Obama is more than partial to Muslims. Does that enter into this?
This certainly will not help the Democrats in their elections this year.
Obama stated that this was an opportunity, well after working on it for 2 years I suppose that opportunity finally came.
We did negotiate with terrorists , no matter what Jay Carney and Obama say.
In fact we negotiate with terrorists every time Obama invites CAIR to the White House.

If our House of Representatives has any credibility at all they would impeach this incompetent bozo.
Even incompetence has it's limits and Obama has gone way past that.