American Prisoner in Afghanistan Freed.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Accusations of Swift Boating.

To his credit, last night, Chris Mathews jumped ALL over this and blew it out of the water, so to speak, that it is 100% bull#### to call concerns about Bowe 'swift boating'.

I mean, he JUMPED on it. Obama's reaping what he sowed; when you treat EVERYONE else like they are beneath you, they ain't gonna be there when you need to lean on them most.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I’m going out on a limb and take a different position on this. Folks are criticizing Obama for releasing these 5 terrorists as being sympathetic to the Taliban; perhaps trying to win ‘friend’ points with them by negotiating; and his way of closing down Gitmo. If my speculation is correct, these guys are being tracked. Releasing them may have been a calculated move in order for them to lead our guys right to the al Qaeda center.

Or maybe Obama is just spineless and appeasing to these terrorists.

Vince

I’m going out on a limb and take a different position on this. Folks are criticizing Obama for releasing these 5 terrorists as being sympathetic to the Taliban; perhaps trying to win ‘friend’ points with them by negotiating; and his way of closing down Gitmo. If my speculation is correct, these guys are being tracked. (1) Releasing them may have been a calculated move in order for them to lead our guys right to the al Qaeda center.

(2) Or maybe Obama is just spineless and appeasing to these terrorists.
I'll take #2 for $100 Psy.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Releasing them may have been a calculated move in order for them to lead our guys right to the al Qaeda center. .

I seriously question what direct relationship the Taliban even maintain with Al Qaeda. The Taliban are focused..and have always been focused...on creating their kind of Islamic state in their own sandbox.

I think Barry set those guys free for two reasons:

1. To make it easier to empty and close Gitmo by getting rid of the worst first.

2. Because he'll always continue to naively believe that "being nice" to our enemies will change their behavior toward us.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I’m going out on a limb and take a different position on this. Folks are criticizing Obama for releasing these 5 terrorists as being sympathetic to the Taliban; perhaps trying to win ‘friend’ points with them by negotiating; and his way of closing down Gitmo. If my speculation is correct, these guys are being tracked. Releasing them may have been a calculated move in order for them to lead our guys right to the al Qaeda center. .

It's possible. But, these guys are Taliban. Their associations with aq are of convenience meaning, at core, they are fighting for Taliban leadership of A'stan and could not care less about the US other than our army in their lands.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Or maybe Obama is just spineless and appeasing to these terrorists.

Yet another misreading of President Obama. Appeasing for what? Again, what does he get out of this? How could they possibly have misread this so badly, especially given the abject rejection by Panneta and even Hillary over the years?

So, assuming the obvious, they did this on purpose coupled with what we know out President Obama, he acts solely in his self interest, what can we glean from that?

A. He wants the Senate to go GOP. This frees him up to make deals with the GOP to get things he wants. As is, it's all dead in the water.
B. Simply more juvenile cover for other problems akin to the :bs: we were told about Benghazi and an anti obscure video demonstration.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It's possible. But, these guys are Taliban. Their associations with aq are of convenience meaning, at core, they are fighting for Taliban leadership of A'stan and could not care less about the US other than our army in their lands.

Where you find the Taliban you will find al Qaeda. As much as our media is reporting that al Qaeda has been reduced to rogue fragments and small unorganized groups, they still have a core leadership calling the shots. The Taliban (along with other Fundamental Islamic nations) fund them. They not only want us out of their land (which is understandable), they want to hit us again - BIG!

PsyOps

Pixelated
Yet another misreading of President Obama. Appeasing for what? Again, what does he get out of this? How could they possibly have misread this so badly, especially given the abject rejection by Panneta and even Hillary over the years?

So, assuming the obvious, they did this on purpose coupled with what we know out President Obama, he acts solely in his self interest, what can we glean from that?

A. He wants the Senate to go GOP. This frees him up to make deals with the GOP to get things he wants. As is, it's all dead in the water.
B. Simply more juvenile cover for other problems akin to the :bs: we were told about Benghazi and an anti obscure video demonstration.

That was a rhetorical statement. You know I’ve written several times that I don’t think Obama is stupid, or anything he does isn’t carefully calculated. But what is he calculating? Is he really aimed at going after terrorists; or is he aimed at doing all he can to undermine the stability of this country? I think he is giving the impression he is going after terrorists. I heard somewhere (can’t remember where) that this move (along with all of his other moves) is strictly designed to incite anger in the rightwing in order to gin up anger by the black community to accuse the right of being nothing but a bunch of anti-Obama racists. DIVISION! Everything is designed to get the right criticizing him so his supporters (particularly the black community) to rev up the race card.

In most of what Obama does, I find no logic in it except to create an atmosphere of anger and division. To what end? Use your imagination.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That was a rhetorical statement. You know I’ve written several times that I don’t think Obama is stupid, or anything he does isn’t carefully calculated. But what is he calculating? Is he really aimed at going after terrorists; or is he aimed at doing all he can to undermine the stability of this country? I think he is giving the impression he is going after terrorists. I heard somewhere (can’t remember where) that this move (along with all of his other moves) is strictly designed to incite anger in the rightwing in order to gin up anger by the black community to accuse the right of being nothing but a bunch of anti-Obama racists. DIVISION! Everything is designed to get the right criticizing him so his supporters (particularly the black community) to rev up the race card.

In most of what Obama does, I find no logic in it except to create an atmosphere of anger and division. To what end? Use your imagination.

Well, you stated it none the less. We can call them myopic. We can call them immature and we can call them a cluster#### but, arguments like spine and betraying the country lose the point. It is not un American to believe Gitmo was and is a travesty of American values. It's not un American to think A'stan was an enormous mistake and the mission has not been worth the lives and it is no un American to see how a US solider could reach his end and walk away. We have abused our people in uniform, horribly and we've done so by not letting them effing win. We've done so by wearing them out in non military missions. These people volunteered to DEFEND the US. Not poppy fields. Not to be social workers or cops. Not to make the world safe for foreign nations to reap profits off of our blood.

Berghdal diserted his unit. In many ways, we, the people, deserted our military. A long time ago. Left them stranded in no wins.

Midnightrider

We don't know if the Army declared him a deserter, the investigation into his disappearance was never publicly released. If there wasn't anything fishy with his disappearance, why did the Army have members of his unit sign NDA and never really publicize his capture and POW status?

thats actually a good question even if he was labeled a deserter/pow. why wouldn't the command just report that he was beleived to have left on his own and was taken in by the taliban?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Attachments

• bergdahl movie.jpg
    bergdahl movie.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

Amazing! You have multiple soldiers (AND I believe I heard the site commander) saying Bergdahl jumped-ship, reporting also that IED attacks on their unit increased and were more precise right after his disappearance, multiple reports that Bergdahl expressed reservations about our actions in Afghanistan, daddy Bergdahl showing up at the Whitehouse in Muslim fashion giving thanks to Allah, and Friedman comes to the conclusion that all of these people are psychopaths?

This statement by Bob Bergdahl (Bowe's father) is particularly bothersome to me: "... I'm proud of how much you wanted to help the Afghan people; and what you were willing to do to go to that length.

As I stated before, there is no end to which the diehard Obama supporters won't find a way to defend him.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, you stated it none the less. We can call them myopic. We can call them immature and we can call them a cluster#### but, arguments like spine and betraying the country lose the point. It is not un American to believe Gitmo was and is a travesty of American values. It's not un American to think A'stan was an enormous mistake and the mission has not been worth the lives and it is no un American to see how a US solider could reach his end and walk away. We have abused our people in uniform, horribly and we've done so by not letting them effing win. We've done so by wearing them out in non military missions. These people volunteered to DEFEND the US. Not poppy fields. Not to be social workers or cops. Not to make the world safe for foreign nations to reap profits off of our blood.

Berghdal diserted his unit. In many ways, we, the people, deserted our military. A long time ago. Left them stranded in no wins.

I’ll agree with everything except what I’ve bolded. No disrespect Larry, but you make it clear you have very little understanding of the standard our military are demanded to live up to; and not just standard, but RULE OF LAW! No matter how much you disagree with the mission at hand you NEVER desert. This puts all the lives of your comrades at risk. And American soldiers died trying to find Bergdahl. No one made him join. He volunteered. He could have quit anytime he wanted. You quit and walk away and I will honor that. You desert, you have compromised pretty much everything and deserve no quarter. I served 20 years during several conflicts including Desert Storm/Watch, and this current Gulf War and it was difficult all along the way; NOT ONCE did I consider walking away, let alone desert.

Midnightrider

I’ll agree with everything except what I’ve bolded. No disrespect Larry, but you make it clear you have very little understanding of the standard our military are demanded to live up to; and not just standard, but RULE OF LAW! No matter how much you disagree with the mission at hand you NEVER desert. This puts all the lives of your comrades at risk. And American soldiers died trying to find Bergdahl. No one made him join. He volunteered. He could have quit anytime he wanted. You quit and walk away and I will honor that. You desert, you have compromised pretty much everything and deserve no quarter. I served 20 years during several conflicts including Desert Storm/Watch, and this current Gulf War and it was difficult all along the way; NOT ONCE did I consider walking away, let alone desert.

isnt that called deserting? I have never heard of this "quit any time you want" clause. do you have a link to that regulation?

Midnightrider

I'm sure you haven't. You can request to get out of the military anytime you want. Does that sound better? :rolleyes:

closer to the truth, but still misleading. you can request to be let out of your obligation, that doens't mean it will even be considered. You can request to be made emperor, that doesn't mean you can be emporer anytime you want.