Americans Ordered Out Of Homes At Gunpoint By SWAT

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
that WAS NOT the point of this thread .... I was discussing the police running citizens out of their homes ......

if you want to whine about inforwars conspiracy theories start your own damn thread ....

How about, No.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Or if that woman and all those people had eaten at a place where they *do* let you carry....then only liberal hippie pukes would have gotten shot.

But, that gets to WHY society, for the most part works; people do try to get along, do try to not make everything a constitutional issue. I mean, how tedious to live a life of "I go here, I don't go there, because of this and this..."

I mean, that would be principled to the extreme but, man...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I mean, how tedious to live a life of "I go here, I don't go there, because of this and this..."

Yet most people do that every single day of their life.

I shop at Giant because Food Lion has crappy produce.

I eat at Ruddy Duck because the food's good.

I don't eat at Monterey because the food sucks.

I buy my K-cups from Keurig because they have the largest selection at the best prices.

Not tedious at all and I don't even consider it particularly principled.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
WAS WATERTOWN’S DOOR-TO-DOOR SEARCH FOR BOMBING SUSPECTS A VIOLATION OF THE FOURTH AMENDMENT?

But based on videos that have emerged since the manhunt — one showing law enforcement banging on a home’s door, bringing the owner outside and having him keep his hands up as the agents enter the house — some on Twitter are wondering if everyone’s experience was as polite. Here’s the video:

People on Twitter have been questioning just how “voluntary” these searches were.

Voluntary searches? Right. Moment SWAT teams ordered innocent neighbors out of their houses at GUNPOINT bit.ly/15DMZjW #tlot #tcot
— Leigh Tauber (@LeighTauber) April 23, 2013

Video of “voluntary” home search in Watertown, MA shows police pointing rifles, cursing at residents. kcy.me/jbkn
— News Nya (@NewsNya) April 23, 2013

RT @scottgreenfield In Watertown “voluntary” and “consent” apparently don’t mean what I think they do.Video of search ow.ly/kiHjl
— LegalTypist (@LegalTypist) April 22, 2013

bcp

In My Opinion
Considering this, I stand by what I said about if you were the one that needed the help.
I doubt anyone here would argue or complain because the police were able to get you out of the house and away from the bomber suspect.

however, if you were just kicked back enjoying a beer and watching a movie or something, I can see where being ordered out of your own home would be something to complain about.

bcp

In My Opinion
I wonder what would have happened if the homeowner had answered the door with a gun in his hand....

Considering the gun laws in Boston, I would imagine it could go fairly bad for him.
however if this same thing would have happened elsewhere, quickly putting the gun down could have been a good outcome.

bcp

In My Opinion
Think of it this way....they got to use their cool ass tanks, and other toys

That right there has to be worth something.
Nothing says hello like opening the front door to a team of police in riot gear with a tank barrel staring down your face.
Think there was a run on underwear at the Wal-Mart the next day? :killingme

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
good little subject ... give up your rights
I'm done with ya man. No one gave up any rights.

Tell ya what. Call the po po and tell them you have a bomb and you've set other bombs around your neighborhood. When SWAT shows up, have a neighbor record you showing them your rights.

Make sure said neighbor has this website and posts the video. Never met ya but I'll give ya credit for going down in a stupid blaze of glory. :yay:

Hank

my war
I'm done with ya man. No one gave up any rights.

Tell ya what. Call the po po and tell them you have a bomb and you've set other bombs around your neighborhood. When SWAT shows up, have a neighbor record you showing them your rights.

Make sure said neighbor has this website and posts the video. Never met ya but I'll give ya credit for going down in a stupid blaze of glory. :yay:

Have you not ever noticed how cop-hating he is? You usually chit on the cop-haters....