Anyone else not liking the new 98 Star mornings?

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
...and WTF is up with Beverly Farmer's "southern maryland traffic report"? I think they must have paid Metro Traffic a little extra just for her to mention all of the roads in the area, whether there is a traffic problem or not. She rattles them all off "route 5 coming out of Waldorf...usual delays. Route 4, 235....you know the drill".

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Annakinnus said:
I miss Heather and T-Bone. I liked hearing about what was going on in the community and hearing other points of view, however controversial. Now there's nothing like that now. I don't want drivel about this day in history and if I want all music, I'll pop in a CD.

Originally Posted by WHICHWAYISUP? Format blows and Moondog is a poor excuse for a DJ[QUOTE said:
Got to agree with both statements

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I have switched to 100.3, good tunes. Moondoggie sucks, maybe if they got him a partner to talk to. The background music they play while he talks gives me a headache. And who the he!! is madam chichiwoo? with the horoscopes? Who cares. I cant believe Im saying this, but I too miss T-bone and Heather. Alot

I like Moondog. Station format is OK, but prefer 100.3 for its expanded listening area and the larger pool of songs/times.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Mikeinsmd said:
The thought of paying for radio makes me cringe but I heard some XM recently & I'm afeered what I might do next. The "Buzzsaw" was rockin!!!

Broadcast Radio around here SUX.
I have XM in BG's truck, and on the bike..

Love it.

We never listen to local radio anymore.

onebdzee

off the shelf
I only have 3 stations that come in clear in my shop....102.9, 98.3 and 97.7

I listened to "the moondog micheals morning show" for a couple of weeks hoping it would get better after the initial newness wore off....IMO, It didn't :ohwell:

I'm back to listening to the other 2 again....I think after I move that I will be able to pick up 101.5 without the static :yay:

Ponytail

itsbob said:
I have XM in BG's truck, and on the bike..

Love it.

We never listen to local radio anymore.

I have Sirius, but same deal. I don't even bother with FM anymore. The Sirius unit that I have, and a few other foks here also got recently, I downloaded a bunch of my favorite CD's too and can listen to those if I wanted to be guaranteed of hearing something that I want. Even have 30 minutes of recorded Satellite stuff on it.

Christy

b*tch rocket
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt1Active id=p1517165 width="50%">Anyone else not liking ...</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>05-25-2006 10:44 AM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">old hippys rock</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old hippies do NOT rock. :smack: :lmao: If I had my way I'd put every one of ya on a hemp barge, shove you out in the Bay, and light it up. :neener:

Christy said:
<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY id=collapseobj_usercp_reputation><TR><TD class=alt1Active id=p1517165 width="50%">Anyone else not liking ...</TD><TD class=alt2 noWrap>05-25-2006 10:44 AM</TD><TD class=alt1 width="50%">old hippys rock</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old hippies do NOT rock. :smack: :lmao: If I had my way I'd put every one of ya on a hemp barge, shove you out in the Bay, and light it up. :neener:
A lot of people would be signing up for THAT cruise. :cool: :lmao:

Annakinnus

That's it exactly. It's not that I particularly dislike Moondog (although I could not agree more that the background music sounds like doom but basically his "show" is completely non-informational) or that I particularly liked the Heather/T-bone team, it's the fact that at least those two picked up on what was going on in the community, discussed it, and got some input from the general population. And we do need a set time for the traffic reports, although Beverly Farmer is better than the chick they had a month or two ago. She didn't know even know the area's basic geography. Several times, I caught her inventing an intersection where two roads didn't conenct. And she said one morning that traffic on Rt. 301 was backed up in Hughesville. I'm not sure if she thought 301 ran through Hughesville or if it was backed up from Brandywine. Now I've sat in some bad traffic getting into Waldorf, but not quite THAT bad.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
I LOVE the new format, but I don't like any DJ's so I'm not a Moondog fan. As far as DJ's go, he's ok I guess, but I just want to hear music.

Midnightrider

let me just say, it Sucked before, it sucks now, it will suck in the future. Its SoMD radio, we're lucky we something other than country.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Annakinnus said:
Don't think that's much of a threat if one is an old hippie -- more like Nirvana, I would think.

I'm not trying to use that as a threat. It's what I'd do if I were Queen of the United States. :lol: It's a win win situation for all parties. :wink: