Anyone else not liking the new 98 Star mornings?

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
I really like the new format, as a mid 20 something, it is so nice to have a radio station that actually plays, a) MUSIC and not talk b)songs I know and remember and c)a new host that I really enjoy listening to. It has been close to 2 months now, why is everyone still crying about TBone and Heather? Get over it. Think about the younger people in southern maryland, we used to have a couple of rock stations we could listen to here, one changed to a spanish channel, and one is now classical and the others are rap stations (which I cannot stand) so we really dont have much to choose from unless you can pick up a station from delaware or richmond on a clear day. I know it sucks to lose a station that you love, I have lost 2 within a year, please let us have something. :larry:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I heard them play Backstreet Boys or that other gay boy band right around the time it first switched formats. That was it for me, 100.3 and 94.7 for classics and 101 and 105.7 for anything else. That is all you need.

Agee

AK-74me said:
I heard them play Backstreet Boys or that other gay boy band right around the time it first switched formats. That was it for me,

:yeahthat:

There is a great station out of Annapolis (103.1) when you can pick it up!

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I'm in a big hole out here in St.Inigoes and can't get any radio stations. DirecTV has some XM stations on it now and since the TV is hooked up to surround sound I just use that. When I'm in my car I listen to WMZQ.

B's a classic rock kinda guy and says he doesn't like the new format at all.

Toxick

Splat
Well I have to say that I like it better than the 15,000 country music stations that come in. And the several oldies stations that come in. I like Moondog better than the two nitwits they used to have - I couldn't stand T-Shirt and the chick.

The jingles now say that it's the best mix of the 80's, 90's and today - but it's more like the best mix of the 80's, 80's and 80's, with the occasional 90's tune tossed in for good measure, but don't really expect anything new.

Which is not bad - don't get me wrong, I love the 80's thing; I mostly grew up in the 80's. But I often finding myself wanting to hear more of today and less of older stuff.

I need my Bo Bice and Nickelback dammit!!!

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
WRXL XL102.1 Richmond VA. And yes you can probably pick in up in most places in SOMD. I get it from Callaway to Waldorf. Haven't been any further south to try in a while. A clone of DC 101 including "Idiot in the Morning". After his morning show goes off, it's a great station. :dude: :larry: :dude:

Moondog Michael

Annakinnus said:
I miss Heather and T-Bone. I liked hearing about what was going on in the community and hearing other points of view, however controversial. Now there's nothing like that now. I don't want drivel about this day in history and if I want all music, I'll pop in a CD.

GREAT..remember THIS..They QUIT.

A

apple

Annakinnus said:
I miss Heather and T-Bone. I liked hearing about what was going on in the community and hearing other points of view, however controversial. Now there's nothing like that now. I don't want drivel about this day in history and if I want all music, I'll pop in a CD.

I miss them too :frown:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Toxick said:
Well I have to say that I like it better than the 15,000 country music stations that come in. And the several oldies stations that come in. I like Moondog better than the two nitwits they used to have - I couldn't stand T-Shirt and the chick.

The jingles now say that it's the best mix of the 80's, 90's and today - but it's more like the best mix of the 80's, 80's and 80's, with the occasional 90's tune tossed in for good measure, but don't really expect anything new.

Which is not bad - don't get me wrong, I love the 80's thing; I mostly grew up in the 80's. But I often finding myself wanting to hear more of today and less of older stuff.

I need my Bo Bice and Nickelback dammit!!!

I just need to find a station to play heavier stuff all the time. Need more Slipnot, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, ect.