Bad economy

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Sure if you only want to watch basic programming. :yay:

This is what gets me. People whine and complain about having :nomoney: but they don't cancel the cable, SAT, lawn service, trash pickup, Starbucks, DSL etc. Like they can't live without these things.

Cowgirl

I was thinking of getting a 275 gallon tank to put on the property so i can get off road diesel (home heating oil).

It's only about $2 to $2.50 a gallon. You can't use it in a truck or a car, but you can damn well use it in a bulldozer or a tractor.

We get off-road diesel every now and then in our tank. It's considerably more than $2.50/gal. :lmao: It was $4.39/gal on Saturday.

I haven't read much of this thread, so I'm not sure if it's even still on topic. :lol: BF and I have been carpooling for over a year now. We drive a small car to save on gas, even though we'd love to drive a roomier vehicle. We don't go out very often, we rarely buy beef anymore because it's too expensive. :bawl: I used to visit my family much more frequently. Dad is in Lex. Park, and my mom and sister are in NC. I'm lucky if I can afford to visit them 3 times a year. We're probably going to have to skip a real vacation this year. We have plenty of leave, but we can't afford it. We'll probably just combine a visit to NC and pretend it's a vacation. :rolleyes: Gas price increase has definitely hit us the hardest of anything. It sucks when you go to the pumps and it costs you $50 to fill up a small car's tank (when it was already 1/4 full).

Things aren't as bad as they could be, but they're tight. It just sucks if gas really is going to get over $5/gal...because then I definitely could not afford to visit my family.

sockgirl77

This is what gets me. People whine and complain about having :nomoney: but they don't cancel the cable, SAT, lawn service, trash pickup, Starbucks, DSL etc. Like they can't live without these things.

I totally agree with you. You can definently live without alot of that. It might not be as entertaining but it's possible.

Xaquin44

Things aren't as bad as they could be, but they're tight. It just sucks if gas really is going to get over $5/gal...because then I definitely could not afford to visit my family.

I'd wager gas will be 5.00 or close by the beginning of the christmas season.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I do not despise wrestling but I think it's awful for kids to watch. Too much violence and sex for young eyes to be viewing.

My youngest has a classmate that wears thongs daily and sits in front of him. Let's not get started on the oldest. I think wrestling is far from the problem.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady

I don't have any of those. Heck, I still have $9.99 dial-up. When I can get lower end DSL for $20 in my neighborhood I'll switch.

I am the 2nd cheapest person I know, raised by Numero Uno.

Pete

Repete
My youngest has a classmate that wears thongs daily and sits in front of him. Let's not get started on the oldest. I think wrestling is far from the problem.

Since thongs are roughtly half a panty, wouldn't they be half the price?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
We get off-road diesel every now and then in our tank. It's considerably more than $2.50/gal. :lmao: It was $4.39/gal on Saturday.
I'm thinking that's not the same diesel I'm talking about. You're paying the same as the gas stations, and if it's TRULY off road diesel it should be about 50%. That price looks like you are still paying all the taxes, the same as if you went to a station and bought it.

If heating oil is more than 1/2 of what diesel is at the station, I'd say we're being gouged.

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
:yeahthat: :roflmao:

My dad used to stock the freezer up with the $0.39 cheeseburger specials at McDonalds. Hamburger Helper was a gourmet meal. :roflmao:

I don't think we ever used Hamburger Helper growing up, but I do remember many many stews and casseroles. That's probably why being a vegetarian is easy for me since we never ate large qtys of meat to begin with.

In my pre-veg teens I ate plenty of free dinners where I worked, mostly hot turkey sandwiches. I can feel my arteries clogging just thinking about those. When my grandmother was working at the Comptroller's Office she'd bring home those 3/$1 Hardees hamburgers.

I just did some quick calcs for fuel cost for an upcoming vacation. My truck gets 20mpg on the highway, and the trip I'm taking in July is 350 miles one way. At $3.00/g, that's $105 round-trip. At $4.00/gal, that's $140 round-trip. I am certainly not going to change my plans or budget for an extra $35 in fuel. That's not even dinner for two.