Big changes to Cooks

glhs837

Power with Control
And smaller one to International Beverage. Seems the same young guy, Indian maybe bought both places. International is much better lit. But Cooks, they are changing more.

Cooks.jpg

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
you know I don’t have any issue with Indians buying liquor stores but they do seem to be overblowing the stereotype.

NOTSMC

Bought it maybe a month ago? New coolers just this week.
Is Rosemary still working there then? I don't know her very well but she's been a familiar face as far back as her days at Raleys in Ridge. I may be wrong, but it never seemed like she had much, really hope she still has that.

glhs837

Power with Control
How can they have more than one liquor license?

No idea. I think assuming an existing one has different rules.

Is Rosemary still working there then? I don't know her very well but she's been a familiar face as far back as her days at Raleys in Ridge. I may be wrong, but it never seemed like she had much, really hope she still has that.
No, she appears to be gone. The man whos been working in International forever is still there, however.

NOTSMC

No, she appears to be gone. The man whos been working in International forever is still there, however.
I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope she landed on her feet somewhere.

Sorry to hear that. I really hope she landed on her feet somewhere else; she's a nice lady.

PeoplesElbow

Liquor licenses are always attached to live people, not simply a business location. One license per person. So one business owner can have multiple businesses as long as they have people that qualify to be approved for a liquor license to operate each location.
Hmm you would think the chains could take advantage of that.

Being able to buy beer at Walmart is the best.

glhs837

Power with Control
Hmm you would think the chains could take advantage of that.

Being able to buy beer at Walmart is the best.

Alway pleased to find that when I travel. And bummed when I don't. I think it was Dallas Texas last year where I saw hard Mountain Dew in a Wally.

Found out I'm going to San Antonio this April, might get some.

PeoplesElbow

Alway pleased to find that when I travel. And bummed when I don't. I think it was Dallas Texas last year where I saw hard Mountain Dew in a Wally.

Just saw something called Beast in the grocery store, its an alcoholic Monster. They had to put a sign on it that says it contains alcohol and you must be 21.

Back in the 80's they allowed grocery stores to sell Beer and Wine here, it got rid of the blight associated with liquor stores.

Tech

Just saw something called Beast in the grocery store, its an alcoholic Monster. They had to put a sign on it that says it contains alcohol and you must be 21.

Back in the 80's they allowed grocery stores to sell Beer and Wine here, it got rid of the blight associated with liquor stores.
Colorado grocery store had a store brand beer. The kicker was the no frill beer, white can with black letters saying beer.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I heard from a reliable source that she may just be out with an injury. Waiting for my source to get back tp me.

SandieGarry

It's available at King George Walmart. I bought a variety pack. Meh, it was ok

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Now how do you know Rosemary? You're not a local.
With my history, there are very few liquor store clerks I wasn't on a first name basis with, plus I know someone who did some of the renuvation work at Cook's. 😉