Big changes to Cooks

glhs837

Power with Control
I heard from a reliable source that she may just be out with an injury. Waiting for my source to get back tp me.
I hope so.Not that she's injured if that's the case, but that she still has the job.
And knowing that the longest serving employee at International is still on staff makes that credible.

NOTSMC

I hope so.Not that she's injured if that's the case, but that she still has the job.
And knowing that the longest serving employee at International is still on staff makes that credible.
She's a good employee. I met her at Raleys...what was that...Raleys Town and Country??? back as far as 1978. Seemed like she was always there.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The family that is buying up these places seem to be very nice people. They have Murphy's Town and Country in the 7D, International, and now Cook's. My source has done work at all three locations and they've made vast improvements at all three. Their selection of fine wines and spirits kind of startled me for the sleepy little 7D, but it's nice to be able to find such a variety without going too far out of the way. Keeping on the long time employees helps their image with the locals. I won't say that some aren't replaced, but for the most part, the faces haven't changed except for adding a few of their fellow countrymen to the staff.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The family that is buying up these places seem to be very nice people. They have Murphy's Town and Country in the 7D, International, and now Cook's. My source has done work at all three locations and they've made vast improvements at all three. Their selection of fine wines and spirits kind of startled me for the sleepy little 7D, but it's nice to be able to find such a variety without going too far out of the way. Keeping on the long time employees helps their image with the locals. I won't say that some aren't replaced, but for the most part, the faces haven't changed except for adding a few of their fellow countrymen to the staff.
I was very impressed with what they've done with Gilbert's old family store. I have not been in to International in a long time but I know Paul was glad to finally get out of that and retire. It was supposed to have been a long time ago...when Gus was taking it over.

When I lived down 7D in the 80s, the huge waterfront place I rented was owned by Paul's family. Well..still is actually...Paul's brother has it now. Their grandfather bought the place in the 1920s if I recall correctly.

NOTSMC

Do they have Boone's Farm? It's not a good selection of "fine wines" unless they carry Boone's Farm. Or Ripple or Mad Dog or that alcohol in a bottle that had a cow on front and was either strawberry or chocolate flavored?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Do they have Boone's Farm? It's not a good selection of "fine wines" unless they carry Boone's Farm. Or Ripple or Mad Dog or that alcohol in a bottle that had a cow on front and was either strawberry or chocolate flavored?
I had a hunch you were a conoyser of fine wines.

Grumpy

Wondering if this is the same family that bought a couple places here in Calvert.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I really believe they do, but my fiance falls somewhere between those and the top shelf stuff. She's more into the 12-15 percent range. Which is fine with me, because she rarely spends more than $20 per bottle. If I had to deal with me, I'd still be drinking the tequila, but that was more like $50. She's given up the hard stuff.

Last edited:

glhs837

Power with Control
I think they make pills for that. Sorry I couldn't resist.
joke drums GIF by neomagazinroyale

glhs837

Power with Control
Very few stayed on very long. Rose is the only one who I know, she was there when I moved in down here past the Green Door 12 years ago. She always tells me when my son was last there and what he got :)

glhs837

Power with Control
Is Rosemary still working there then? I don't know her very well but she's been a familiar face as far back as her days at Raleys in Ridge. I may be wrong, but it never seemed like she had much, really hope she still has that.
I heard from a reliable source that she may just be out with an injury. Waiting for my source to get back tp me.

Ran into her there last week, I think. She did have an injury and was still recovering but she will be back according to her and the new owners. I imagine she was part of the deal.

Lots of changes recently. Counter moved back, that small office is gone. Coolers now line the roadside wall and the back wall. Not a lot of new inventory, seems like they are working through what was in the place when they bought it. New flooring, vinyl plank as you might expect.

They do plan to get the soft serve machines back in operation.

Last edited:

NOTSMC

Ran into her there last week, I think. She did an injury and was still recovering but she will be back according to her and the new owners. I imagine she was part of the deal.

Lots of changes recently. Counter moved back, that small office is gone. Coolers now line the roadside wall and the back wall. Not a lot of new inventory, seems like they are working through what was in the place when they bought it. New flooring, vinyl plank as you might expect.

They do plan to get the soft serve machines back in operation.
I'm so glad hear that. Thanks for taking the time to tell me!

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
All this talk about Rosemary is just weird to me, seeing as I can't stand her, and I like most everybody. Ok, no I don't. But I really don't like her at all.