Blockers in left lane....have a ticket.

Should Maryland have a "Keep Right Law"

• Left lane for passing or turning left

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Keep right if going slower than traffic flow regardless of speed limit or when being overtaken

Votes: 46 48.4%
  • Keep right if going slower than speed limit

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Mr. Magoo would be proud when he looks in the rear view mirror...

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lp101

A few good links on this subject if not posted already.

Maryland Keep Right - Slower Traffic Keep Right
State "keep right" laws
www.slowertraffickeepright.com

As well as a link to the Maryland Driver's Manual www.mva.maryland.gov/resources/dl-002b.pdf

Here is a quote from the manual

"F. Lane Driving
Your vehicle should be driven in a single lane. Do
not switch lanes until you determine it is safe to do
so. You should avoid drifting across lane lines and
making lane changes within an intersection.
Generally, you should keep your vehicle to the right
of the center of the roadway, unless you are passing
another vehicle going in the same direction, there
is a traffic signal designating it is okay to do so, or
there is an obstruction that makes it necessary to
safely adjust your position."

and

"When being passed by another vehicle, you must
yield to the other vehicle and not increase your
speed."

direxpgw

slow

Slow people in the left lane just need to get the F out the way when someone is coming up on them, just common sense. This is not rocket science, I don't need the law to tell me one way or the other, its common knowledge; if you have not figured this out yet you need to turn your license in. I said the with out insult too anyone I did a good job I think.

Bahahahaha. I agree. The problem is that society lacks any common sense in general nowadays. With every#$%^thing. It is common courtesey to move over to the right to allow faster traffic to pass. If you dont you are a complete asshat I dont care if youre going the speed limit or not. Youve just designated yourself an official a#$$%hole by being holyier than thou and blocking the entire line of people behind you simply because youre too lazy to move the F over. Its very simple. Blinker, look over shoulder and get over. Guess its too much to ask.

TPD

the poor dad
Bahahahaha. I agree. The problem is that society lacks any common sense in general nowadays. With every#$%^thing. It is common courtesey to move over to the right to allow faster traffic to pass. If you dont you are a complete asshat I dont care if youre going the speed limit or not. Youve just designated yourself an official a#$$%hole by being holyier than thou and blocking the entire line of people behind you simply because youre too lazy to move the F over. Its very simple. Blinker, look over shoulder and get over. Guess its too much to ask.

Nothing causes my blood pressure to rise more while driving than left lane blockers. GRRRRR!

mamatutu

mama to two

Don't forget the right sideview mirror. I totally agree with you. When I have someone on my butt that wants to go over the speed limit, I move with no problem, and hope to see them down the road pulled over, getting a ticket; has happened a few times in my 30 years of driving, but not often enough. As a rule, I stay in the right lane, unless I have a reason to be in the left for passing or upcoming left turn. The only people I forgive for being oblivious in the left lane are older grams and gramps; I don't think they understand, and I fear for them. Just for data, I mostly travel Rt. 4 in my daily life; I find the majority of drivers exceed the speed limit. I average 62, but I never understand how people get away with going 70, 75 or 80. Where is Corporal Moschetto made famous on Speeders! I loved the tag team camouflage episode! :lol:

Last edited:

thurley42

HY;FR
Don't forget the right sideview mirror. I totally agree with you. When I have someone on my butt that wants to go over the speed limit, I move with no problem, and hope to see them down the road pulled over, getting a ticket; has happened a few times in my 30 years of driving, but not often enough. As a rule, I stay in the right lane, unless I have a reason to be in the left for passing or upcoming left turn. The only people I forgive for being oblivious in the left lane are older grams and gramps; I don't think they understand, and I fear for them. Just for data, I mostly travel Rt. 4 in my daily life; I find the majority of drivers exceed the speed limit. I average 62, but I never understand how people get away with going 70, 75 or 80. Where is Corporal Moschetto made famous on Speeders! I loved the tag team camouflage episode! :lol:

So in your eyes it's ok to speed...just not more than you see fit (62)?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I thought about this tread this morning while traveling to work. I was in the center lane SB on 235 crossing Rte 4 when a Jeep pulled out of the WaWa and cut across all lanes (and traffic, including myself) to the "fast" lane only to go slow and cause all the traffic in that lane to brake and go around him/her.

I applaud the driver for being so courteous.

:sarcasm:

bcp

In My Opinion
I thought about this tread this morning while traveling to work. I was in the center lane SB on 235 crossing Rte 4 when a Jeep pulled out of the WaWa and cut across all lanes (and traffic, including myself) to the "fast" lane only to go slow and cause all the traffic in that lane to brake and go around him/her.

I applaud the driver for being so courteous.

:sarcasm:
maybe he was going to make a left turn down the road and history tells him that unless you get in the left way back, people wont let you in.
I know on the beltway in the morning using a turn signal is an indication that there is space next to you for someone to hurry up and fill before you can make your lane change.

FED_UP

If the speed limit is 45 I drive 45 and it doesn't what lane I'm in because the speed limit for both lanes is 45.

Your not the average driver then, of course most drive 5-10 miles over the speed limit on highways. But it is still common sense to get out of the left lane when another car is coming up on you. Yes it does matter what lane your in. :smack: After all these post people still insist its fine to drive in the left lane for many miles no matter what is going on behind them OMG :cds:

direxpgw

slow

If the speed limit is 45 I drive 45 and it doesn't what lane I'm in because the speed limit for both lanes is 45.

You see. Here is a perfect example of ASS#$%^ of the Year. Could just care less about courtesey. Its why Ill always return your courtesey with a well deserved middle finger. Too much pride to simply pull to the right. Where are my James Bond rocket launchers when I need em.

LuckyMe143

Your not the average driver then, of course most drive 5-10 miles over the speed limit on highways. But it is still common sense to get out of the left lane when another car is coming up on you. Yes it does matter what lane your in. :smack: After all these post people still insist its fine to drive in the left lane for many miles no matter what is going on behind them OMG :cds:

Well if someone wants to ride my ass go ahead its not going to make me speed up. If someone wants to get mad at me for doing the speed limit that's on them. All I know is my a$$ isn't going to get a ticket. I really don't understand this "fast" lane. How can one lane be faster than the other when the speed limit is 45 or another number?

Last edited: