Can the insanity get any worse?

Midnightrider

its hilarious that the overwhelming response to this story is that trump should start killing people, or restrict freedom or speech, or institute some sort of right wing vigilantism.

how come none of you trumpers are parsing the word 'hope' like you did with Trump's comment about Comey letting the investigation go?

Wishbone

its hilarious that the overwhelming response to this story is that trump should start killing people, or restrict freedom or speech, or institute some sort of right wing vigilantism.

Busting things up, setting fires, attacking people and blocking roads aren't speech.

When it comes to rioters, I'm all for having the cops bust their skulls open and roll the bodies into a dumpster.

:cheers:

Midnightrider

Busting things up, setting fires, attacking people and blocking roads aren't speech.

When it comes to rioters, I'm all for having the cops bust their skulls open and roll the bodies into a dumpster.

:cheers:

this thread is about a woman who said she hoped the president was assassinated. I disagree with her sentiment, and wouldn't say that myself, but those are just words.

Wishbone

this thread is about a woman who said she hoped the president was assassinated. I disagree with her sentiment, and wouldn't say that myself, but those are just words.

And the conversation expanded, but don't worry your little head about such things.

Find yourself a sunny window to lick.

PsyOps

Pixelated
That's a good question. I don't know; it's not my war and I'm not the one instigating it. But if you honestly don't think that's the goal, there's no point in having this conversation with you because all the signs are there. Do you just want to read the study I posted or shall I post it here in bite size blurbs? FYI, it is not an opinion piece. It's a scholarly piece from a real think tank, as opposed to those biased ones who say they're a think tank to further their political agenda. It doesn't say this is right and this is wrong, it tells you why and how.

http://www.globalissues.org/article/157/war-propaganda-and-the-media

I'm trying to imagine if this what folks felt like pre-Civil War; before any shots were fired. Was it impossible for them to imagine it going to all-out war, like it's impossible for to imagine any of this going there? When the word 'war' is used in the capacity that I'm seeing it here, I think of guns and bombs going off in our streets.

I already read you link.

glhs837

Power with Control
Chappelle-Nadal makes public apology after Trump assassination Facebook comment

When calling for the assassination of the president, is a simple apology enough? For the better of two days Nadal refused to apologize. I try to imagine where I'd be if I made such a statement, even if I did apologize.

Nothing here to see folks. She said that she was sorry this morning.. Everything is fine now..

The very fact that she felt the need to put a "Yeah but" on the end of it says she's not sorry. She's putting it right in the apology that she's only apologizing because she's been forced and sees nothing wrong.

PsyOps

Pixelated
:killingme

So which is it? is hoping for something bad or not? parse away :yay:

I point out your parsing, and you blame me for parsing. I have no words.

I do believe when someone calls for the assassination of the president, it should be taken seriously. Nadal should be held accountable the same way you and I would be if we said the same thing; and you damn-well how that would turn out. In fact, let's put it to the test... Why don't you post on your Facebook page that you hope Trump gets assassinated, and we can all clock how quickly the FBI and Secret Service come banging on your door.

I also hold Trump accountable to his words, always have and always will.