Can the insanity get any worse?

Midnightrider

I point out your parsing, and you blame me for parsing. I have no words.

I do believe when someone calls for the assassination of the president, it should be taken seriously. Nadal should be held accountable the same way you and I would be if we said the same thing; and you damn-well how that would turn out. In fact, let's put it to the test... Why don't you post on your Facebook page that you hope Trump gets assassinated, and we can all clock how quickly the FBI and Secret Service come banging on your door.

I also hold Trump accountable to his words, always have and always will.

I didn't parse anything. I asked why you trumpers aren't. We both know you gave trump a pass on Hoping Comey could see his way to letting the Flynn investigation go.

As I said before, I disagree with her statement and I wouldn't make it. If you want to test your theory go ahead.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I didn't parse anything. I asked why you trumpers aren't. We both know you gave trump a pass on Hoping Comey could see his way to letting the Flynn investigation go.

As I said before, I disagree with her statement and I wouldn't make it. If you want to test your theory go ahead.

I didn't give Trump a pass on anything. If Comey felt Trump was obstructing he would have done something about it. What better guy to be in a position to do so. But you cannot claim when someone calls for the assassination of the president "just words" and dismiss it, while at the same time holding Trump accountable to every single word he spews.

It was just words when Madonna said it.
It was just words when Snoop Dog portrayed the shooting of Trump in one of his videos.
It was just words when British journalist Monisha Rajesh said it was time to assassinate a president after Trump was elected.
It was just words when Adam Pally said if he could go back in time he would murder Trump.
It was just words when former CEO of PacketSled Matt Harrigan specifically said "I'm going to kill the president elect".
It was just words when a duly elected state representative called for the assassination of the president. Someone who took an oath to uphold our laws and constitution - the same constitution that defines how the president is elected - completely throws that oath in the garbage in favor of her hatred for this man.

Nadal's sentiments is no isolated incident. Fine, don't take gas-spewers in our entertainment industry - they're just acting a role. Whatever! But an elected representative doing this? This moves into a whole new realm of expressing one's hate for someone. You do not have the right to call for the assassination (or murder) of anyone.

Midnightrider

I didn't give Trump a pass on anything. If Comey felt Trump was obstructing he would have done something about it.
he did. that's why we are having an investigation.

but that is really beside the point. You did not take trumps hope as anything other than words, and now you want to turn that same word into an actual threat. That is the definition of hypocrisy.

What better guy to be in a position to do so. But you cannot claim when someone calls for the assassination of the president "just words" and dismiss it, while at the same time holding Trump accountable to every single word he spews.

It was just words when Madonna said it.
It was just words when Snoop Dog portrayed the shooting of Trump in one of his videos.
It was just words when British journalist Monisha Rajesh said it was time to assassinate a president after Trump was elected.
It was just words when Adam Pally said if he could go back in time he would murder Trump.
It was just words when former CEO of PacketSled Matt Harrigan specifically said "I'm going to kill the president elect".
It was just words when a duly elected state representative called for the assassination of the president. Someone who took an oath to uphold our laws and constitution - the same constitution that defines how the president is elected - completely throws that oath in the garbage in favor of her hatred for this man.

Nadal's sentiments is no isolated incident. Fine, don't take gas-spewers in our entertainment industry - they're just acting a role. Whatever! But an elected representative doing this? This moves into a whole new realm of expressing one's hate for someone. You do not have the right to call for the assassination (or murder) of anyone.

As I said, I disagree with what she said, but when trump used the same exact word you guys did not take it as a directive.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Please tell me MR didn't just try to equate Trump's weak Comey investigation request with an overt assassination wish issued by an overtly racist politician.

He's already set the bar on stupid so high already.....

Midnightrider

Please tell me MR didn't just try to equate Trump's weak Comey investigation request with an overt assassination wish issued by an overtly racist politician.

He's already set the bar on stupid so high already.....

:killingme

please explain how the two uses of the word hope differ.

This_person

Hope is hope. But, what are they hoping for?

"He's a good guy, I hope you can let [the investigation of him] go." Seems relatively ambiguous as to what "let this go" means, and sounds like a boss telling an underling what he'd like to see as an outcome. That said, it was in private, to an intelligent man who knows his role is relatively independent of his boss - it won't affect his pay, his bonus, his ability to take leave, his assignments, etc., etc. It won't even significantly affect his budget.

Let's compare.

“I really hate Trump. He’s causing trauma and nightmares." That was the original post which received many responses. To one response, she replied, “I hope Trump is assassinated!”
This was on Facebook, randomly sent out to the masses (not to a smart individual privately). She was suggesting a SPECIFIC "solution" to the stated "problem" of trauma and nightmares (remember, this trauma was because he said more than one side was responsible for violence, as if both sides would have been fighting if the other side didn't show up). She didn't hope people could let their anger go, she hoped someone would specifically assassinate the president.

You can call those the same, just like you can call apples and bowling balls the same. Those are both relatively spherical, so there are similarities, but they are NOT the same.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:killingme

Because one was not followed by "the President is assinated". It's not that tough to figure out, boy. Or use this criteria, if you are too obtuse to get it: "which of the two statements gets you a visit from the Secret Service"?

hotbikermama40

Hope is hope. But, what are they hoping for?

"He's a good guy, I hope you can let [the investigation of him] go." Seems relatively ambiguous as to what "let this go" means, and sounds like a boss telling an underling what he'd like to see as an outcome. That said, it was in private, to an intelligent man who knows his role is relatively independent of his boss - it won't affect his pay, his bonus, his ability to take leave, his assignments, etc., etc. It won't even significantly affect his budget.

Let's compare.

“I really hate Trump. He’s causing trauma and nightmares." That was the original post which received many responses. To one response, she replied, “I hope Trump is assassinated!”
This was on Facebook, randomly sent out to the masses (not to a smart individual privately). She was suggesting a SPECIFIC "solution" to the stated "problem" of trauma and nightmares (remember, this trauma was because he said more than one side was responsible for violence, as if both sides would have been fighting if the other side didn't show up). She didn't hope people could let their anger go, she hoped someone would specifically assassinate the president.

You can call those the same, just like you can call apples and bowling balls the same. Those are both relatively spherical, so there are similarities, but they are NOT the same.

:cheers: :yeahthat:

PsyOps

Pixelated
he did. that's why we are having an investigation.

Comey testified Trump did not obstruct. You really should stop trying to make things the way you want them to be.

[video=youtube;MLI2_MGz-E4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLI2_MGz-E4[/video]

PsyOps

Pixelated
You did not take trumps hope as anything other than words, and now you want to turn that same word into an actual threat. That is the definition of hypocrisy.

Trump's hope for what? Are you talking about Trump hoping Comey would drop the investigation? Wow, you're really going to conflate these two issues: the hope to drop an investigation and the hope for someone to be murdered? I will admit that you have a way of causing me to struggle to find words to describe this line of thinking.

Let me make this clear:

Comey testified that Trump did not obstruct. I gave you the video. So, it was a WISH, a request, a desire, a "please see to it that you don't go through with this"... on an investigation.

Nadal hoped Trump would be assassinated, murdered, an end to his life at the hand of another... She is an elected leader calling for the murder of someone.

Forget it... there is not reasoning with your kind of bizarre thinking. I know you'll take it, but you can have your last insane word on this.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

Because one was not followed by "the President is assinated". It's not that tough to figure out, boy. Or use this criteria, if you are too obtuse to get it: "which of the two statements gets you a visit from the Secret Service"?
Which of the two gets you a special counsel and congressional hearings?
Trump's hope for what? Are you talking about Trump hoping Comey would drop the investigation? Wow, you're really going to conflate these two issues: the hope to drop an investigation and the hope for someone to be murdered? I will admit that you have a way of causing me to struggle to find words to describe this line of thinking.

Let me make this clear:

Comey testified that Trump did not obstruct. I gave you the video. So, it was a WISH, a request, a desire, a "please see to it that you don't go through with this"... on an investigation.

Nadal hoped Trump would be assassinated, murdered, an end to his life at the hand of another... She is an elected leader calling for the murder of someone.

Forget it... there is not reasoning with your kind of bizarre thinking. I know you'll take it, but you can have your last insane word on this.

There is nothing insane about applying the same interpretation to the word hope in both cases.

This_person

Which of the two gets you a special counsel and congressional hearings?

Neither

There is nothing insane about applying the same interpretation to the word hope in both cases.

I would agree, not insane. Just inaccurate (intentional, or out of ignorance, I'm not 100% sure.)

:bs: That really is bull####, I'm sure you're doing it intentionally.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Neither

I would agree, not insane. Just inaccurate (intentional, or out of ignorance, I'm not 100% sure.

:bs: That really is bull####, I'm sure you're doing it intentionally.

This is the thing. All of this crap was just under the surface, and would have stayed there if Hillary was elected, and the US would have been doomed, forever. Well, she wasn't. Now, we were given a temporary reprieve, to stop the crap. Whether Americans like Trump, voted for him, or want to use him as a scapegoat, I cannot say. But, it is a good thing that Trump was elected. It stopped the insanity, but caused more insanity. This is what We were facing if another Dem had been voted POTUS. We would have gone out without a peep. As far as draining the swamp, I don't think it will ever happen, but at least Trump is speaking out about it. Listened to Pence tonight who was awesome, and listening to Trump, now. God bless, America. :patriot:

They are chanting CNN sucks. :lol: