Charles County officer murders dog

sockgirl77

tom88 said:
Is this what happened? Did the officer hear the dog barking then go to a location where the dog could bite him so he could shoot the dog? If these facts are true I would agree with your opinion of them. Somehow I find it hard to believe the officer put himself in harms way just to be able to shoot a dog!
I find it hard to believe that he can justify killing 3 dogs in 7 years. I've managed to go 30 without doing it once. :shrug:

tom88

sockgirl77 said:
I find it hard to believe that he can justify killing 3 dogs in 7 years. I've managed to go 30 without doing it once. :shrug:
How many criminals have you arrested? Have you ever been on a warrant squad? How many times have you been attacked by a dog when you have had a gun in your possession?

sockgirl77

tom88 said:
How many criminals have you arrested? Have you ever been on a warrant squad? How many times have you been attacked by a dog when you have had a gun in your possession?
How many times did he have pepper spray and a club in his possession?

M

missperky

tom88 said:

It wasn't like the dog was at large, he was tied up on his property. Maybe the cop should have went about serving the warrant differently?

tom88

sockgirl77 said:
How many times did he have pepper spray and a club in his possession?
My limited knowledge of people who serve warrants is they usually don't wear a typical gun belt because they often have to chase people. There fore pepper spray may not have been an option.

M

missperky

tom88 said:
My limited knowledge of people who serve warrants is they usually don't wear a typical gun belt because they often have to chase people. There fore pepper spray may not have been an option.

But have access to a gun? Ummm ok.

tom88

missperky said:
It wasn't like the dog was at large, he was tied up on his property. Maybe the cop should have went about serving the warrant differently?
Maybe he should have. But once in the situation where he is being attacked, shouldn't he be able to defend himself?

M

missperky

tom88 said:
Maybe he should have. But once in the situation where he is being attacked, shouldn't he be able to defend himself?

He was on the dogs property, what would you expect the dog to do? If I approach a dog anywhere and don't know it, you think I'm gonna approach it? Think not.

tom88

missperky said:
But not pepper spray? :confused:
Well pepper spray is carried on the gun belt. So if they officer has to chase the guy, then I think the officer would want to lighten his load as much as possible and not wear the entire gun belt, but just the gun in a holster.

M

missperky

tom88 said:
Well pepper spray is carried on the gun belt. So if they officer has to chase the guy, then I think the officer would want to lighten his load as much as possible and not wear the entire gun belt, but just the gun in a holster.

Yeah, we all know how big the pepper spray bottles are..:lol:

tom88

missperky said:
Yeah, we all know how big the pepper spray bottles are..:lol:
Well where would he carry them Miss perky? In his pocket? Yea he would be able to retrieve that in time. In his hand? Then wouldn't everyone say he is aggressive? Tell me?

M

missperky

tom88 said:
Well where would he carry them Miss perky? In his pocket? Yea he would be able to retrieve that in time. In his hand? Then wouldn't everyone say he is aggressive? Tell me?

He had no problem gettin that gun out the holster...:shrug:

:sarcasm:

tom88

missperky said:
He had no problem gettin that gun out the holster...:shrug:

:sarcasm:
Right. Because it's in a holster! The pepper spray, when on a "gun belt" is also in a holster!

M

missperky

tom88 said:
Right. Because it's in a holster! The pepper spray, when on a "gun belt" is also in a holster!

Right. Why didn't he carry pepper spray then?

tom88

missperky said:
Right. Why didn't he carry pepper spray then?
Oh my God! Because he didn't wear his gun belt! Because the gun belt adds an additional 20 pounds to a person! The gun, worn in a holster may only add an additional 2 to three pounds on a person!

sockgirl77

tom88 said:
Oh my God! Because he didn't wear his gun belt! Because the gun belt adds an additional 20 pounds to a person! The gun, worn in a holster may only add an additional 2 to three pounds on a person!
He could have hit the dog in the head and knocked him out. :rolleyes:

M

missperky

tom88 said:

WTF was the holster to the gun on? The pepper spray couldn't go on there too? Help me, please. I'm tryin to understand.