Cheeseburger in Paradise Closing?

lovinmaryland

CIP in my opinion was only worth a crap because of the bar. The menu stinks and the end product also stinks. Hard to think of another chain that has worse food. Damn shame, it has a good building and good location.

The food there has always been underwhelming. It sounds good on the menu but doesn't quite make the transition to the plate. But all that microwaved chain food tastes the same to me, so...

Wow really!?!?! I've had bad service there on occassion but the food has always been very good & I am extremely picky when it comes to eating out. Their wings are the best!

MMM_donuts

I don't think fried battered avocado is a good idea. I gave it a chance and tried it but I did not like it. It's in like 3 dishes.

I'm like that their newer menu is a little easier for a vegetarian to negotiate. There was something on their old menu that didn't make the cut and it really disappointed my husband. I don't remember what it was, though.

Pete

Repete
The food there has always been underwhelming. It sounds good on the menu but doesn't quite make the transition to the plate. But all that microwaved chain food tastes the same to me, so...

Yup, it sounds good when you read it which only adds to the disapointment when you get it.

Another place that underwhelms me is Red Robin. I don't think I have ever had a burger there that wasn't dry as a bag of dust.

Pete

Repete
Just got off the phone w/ the manager. They are not closing. Other locations that were not doing well did close and will be changed into Fudruckers Bar & Grill, but the California MD CIP is one of the top producing locations and will remain a Cheeseburger in Paradise :yahoo:

Bummer. I bet it is the buckets of Island Ale that contributes to its margin.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I don't think fried battered avocado is a good idea. I gave it a chance and tried it but I did not like it. It's in like 3 dishes.

I'm like that their newer menu is a little easier for a vegetarian to negotiate. There was something on their old menu that didn't make the cut and it really disappointed my husband. I don't remember what it was, though.

was it some kind of shrimp appetizer? I remember they had this awesome shrimp app...some kind of asian sauce on it...lightly fried. :drool: I was really sad when I went in maybe 2 months later and it was gone :ohwell:

I like CIP. I don't expect a whole lot for the food but I think it's decent enough :shrug: I'm a huge burger fan anyways so I'm content with a big burger, some weird toppings and some fried pickles. Plus I love the bar. It's a great place to meet someone for drinks and can still grab a bite to eat if warranted.

PeoplesElbow

Just got off the phone w/ the manager. They are not closing. Other locations that were not doing well did close and will be changed into Fudruckers Bar & Grill, but the California MD CIP is one of the top producing locations and will remain a Cheeseburger in Paradise :yahoo:

McKays kept telling me that they weren't closing the GMR location until they did.

Hank

my war
CIP in my opinion was only worth a crap because of the bar. The menu stinks and the end product also stinks. Hard to think of another chain that has worse food. Damn shame, it has a good building and good location.

Nah. Crapplebee's is the absolute worst.

MarieB

I would actually prefer Fudruckers. I agree that the food is underwhelming, and the place didn't look clean.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nah. Crapplebee's is the absolute worst.

At least at Crapplebee's you get what you expect. I'm going to nominate the Pier on Solomons for absolute worst. Their food has gone WAY down hill and the last crab cake I had there was inedible. At those prices, too. But they have the best happy hour bar in SoMD. :yay: Just eat before you get there.

MarieB

At least at Crapplebee's you get what you expect. I'm going to nominate the Pier on Solomons for absolute worst. Their food has gone WAY down hill and the last crab cake I had there was inedible. At those prices, too. But they have the best happy hour bar in SoMD. :yay: Just eat before you get there.

To say that we were disappointed when we went there for our anniversary is an understatement of epic proportions - bad food, bad service, and it was expensive to boot. My drink was pretty good though

PeoplesElbow

I ate ad DB McMillians earlier today and the burger there was excellent, a little messy but way more than I was expecting.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I ate ad DB McMillians earlier today and the burger there was excellent, a little messy but way more than I was expecting.

The burgers at DBs are great! I like them better than Five Guys. They used to have a $6 burger night, not sure if they still do.

I was never overly fond of CiP. My heart won't be broken if they close up.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I've been there three times and never had anything good there, the worst was the lamb stew, burnt tasting and gluey.

PeoplesElbow

I've been there three times and never had anything good there, the worst was the lamb stew, burnt tasting and gluey.

I couldn't eat lamb, poor little fluffy things. This was the first time I had been in that building since it was Perkins, I dont make it up that way too often but I had training up at the SMHEC and needed a quick bite to eat, the place was dead.

BOP

Yup, it sounds good when you read it which only adds to the disapointment when you get it.

Another place that underwhelms me is Red Robin. I don't think I have ever had a burger there that wasn't dry as a bag of dust.

It's not the restaurants, it's the area, and particularly the local talent. Locals think if they put enough Old Bay on it, they can make turds taste good.

BOP

I hope if Al Queerda wants to blow the hell out of something, it's DB McMillan's. I'll even print them out directions.

:coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's not the restaurants, it's the area, and particularly the local talent. Locals think if they put enough Old Bay on it, they can make turds taste good.

Except that both of the restaurants he dogged aren't local - they're chains.