Cheeseburger in Paradise Closing?

PeoplesElbow

Except that both of the restaurants he dogged aren't local - they're chains.

The Red Robin here (and Waldorf) is not as good as ones I regularly eat at in NC and WV. And I had never seen a bad Boston Market until I ate at the one in Waldorf.

I also use to think Wendys was pretty good for a fast food place until I moved here.

officeguy

Cheeseburger in Paradise is closing because too many people who ate there once dont really remember anything special about it.

ltown81

Like I said in the original post, I only saw it on Wikipedia, so I am unsure how true it is.

The chain itself had a good start down here. The theme fit, and the bar itself had a great atmosphere. The food was Ruby's or Applebee's grade. The only issue back in the day was on nights they had a band in there you could not hear yourself think. The chain went down hill when the current owners bought it. The food quality got even worse, and the service terrible. Then again, the parent company runs cafateria's, and Fuddruckers.

Red Robin sucks because the place is loaded with sugared up kids screaming, and costs too much. How can you buy two burgers, and app, and drinks, and spend almost $40?!?

The worst chain down here is Longhorn. Been there three times, and terrible everytime.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Absolutely THE worst "crabcake" I've ever had was Leonardtown Grille. The hole in the middle is where I managed to find one piece of lump meat.

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 328

MMM_donuts

Absolutely THE worst "crabcake" I've ever had was Leonardtown Grille. The hole in the middle is where I managed to find one piece of lump meat.

That doesn't look like any crab cake I've ever seems

Attachments

• image-3964891974.jpg
    image-3964891974.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 294

mamatutu

mama to two

It looks like a chicken nugget on steroids. My hub's recipe is the best. Mostly lump crab meat, a dab of mustard and mayo, a sprinkle of crushed saltine crackers, an egg, some melted butter, and some Old Bay. Done. Yum!

somdfunguy

not impressed
It looks like a chicken nugget on steroids. My hub's recipe is the best. Mostly lump crab meat, a dab of mustard and mayo, a sprinkle of crushed saltine crackers, an egg, some melted butter, and some Old Bay. Done. Yum!

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pretentious

: having or showing the unpleasant quality of people who want to be regarded as more impressive, successful, or important than they really are

Full Definition of PRETENTIOUS

: characterized by pretension: as
a : making usually unjustified or excessive claims (as of value or standing) <the pretentious fraud who assumes a love of culture that is alien to him — Richard Watts>
b : expressive of affected, unwarranted, or exaggerated importance, worth, or stature <pretentious language> <pretentious houses>
: making demands on one's skill, ability, or means : ambitious <the pretentious daring of the Green Mountain Boys in crossing the lake — American Guide Series: Vermont>
— pre·ten·tious·ly adverb
— pre·ten·tious·ness noun
See pretentious defined for English-language learners »
See pretentious defined for kids »
Examples of PRETENTIOUS

The houses in the neighborhood are large and pretentious.
<that pretentious couple always serves caviar at their parties, even though they themselves dislike it>
It is hard to be pretentious or elevated in Yiddish, and easy to poke fun. —Cynthia Ozick, New Yorker, 28 Mar. 1988
To anyone ignorant of the underlying physics, it might seem the most arrogant and pretentious necromancy. —Carl Sagan, Contact, 1985
She seemed at that first meeting a little pretentious and a would-be intellectual—she was studying sociology in the States, a subject which thrives on banalities and abstract jargon … —Graham Greene, Getting to Know the General, 1984
… and then a P.S. running into 20 pages both sides of the paper and coming back to the top of page one—Hegel, Nietzsche, Emerson, Gide, Beethoven, Suarez—all the boys trotted out in reams of pretentious blather. —Myles na Gopaleen (Flann O' Brien), The Best of Myles, 1968
[-]hide

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Except that both of the restaurants he dogged aren't local - they're chains.

Still locals are the ones cooking the food. I think they jump from restaurant to restaurant and constantly the FSU. The cuban sandwich was always good, and the teriyaki wings are freaking good.

Longhorns food has always been decent to good, their service just blows. Serving staff are slow, sometimes snobby or always in a crap mood, doesn't make for a good experience. Worst local restaurant to me would be Lenny's, worst chain would have to be Ruby Tuesday.

phobos512

CQ has been for sale for a while, I guess no takers.

CQ was sold according to some of their employees a a month or so back. We hadn't been in in a while and noticed a change in the decor (lots of Jesusy stuff) and staff and asked about it and that's what we were told. I wouldn't be surprised if their business went downhill as they alienated a key coffeehouse demographic.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
CQ was sold according to some of their employees a a month or so back. We hadn't been in in a while and noticed a change in the decor (lots of Jesusy stuff) and staff and asked about it and that's what we were told. I wouldn't be surprised if their business went downhill as they alienated a key coffeehouse demographic.

Did My Brother's Keeper take it over? They've done pretty well with their coffee house.

MarieB

Is the coffee good?

BernieP

Resident PIA

CQ was actually in the process of closing. Business was profitable but there were some circumstances that pushed the owner to close. He was looking for a buyer, sounds like he found one.