Cheeseburger in Paradise

stgislander

PREMO Member
Still 2 CBIP locations; Omaha, NE and Secaucus, NJ.

I remember the original Fuddrucker's fondly, went there on off weekends from USAF Basic, loved the steak sandwiches.

Used to hit the one up in downtown Baltimore back in the mid 80's on drill weekends at the Customs House. I thought they had a great burger.

RodRugg

When they opened that Chucky's restaurant after that movie got popular my grandma won a free dinner there from a drawing at Ace Hardware. My uncle Stanley and me dropped her off and waited in the car for her to eat since she only won one dinner. About 15 minutes later she came out screaming her head off at the manager. She said it was really dark inside and stinked like feet. This waitress was screaming items off the menu to this table of deaf kids and asking them if they wanted "SWEET OR UNSWEET" and telling them that there's "NO POPTARTS ON THE MENU." She pronounced everything weird and them deaf kids couldn't even read her lips because she pronounced all of her silent "E"s so this other lady had to tell them what the waitress was saying but she must have been screaming at the kids with her hands since it looked like she was doing karate at them. Then she said this little man or kid who looked like Opie from Mayberry came out dressed up like Waldo in overalls and went around to people's tables and threatened them with a steak knife. My grandma said that she's pretty sure she blacked out for a few minutes after that. Then she realized that the waitress was standing at her table and asking her if she wanted anything to drink while that kid was standing right next to her stabbing at her legs and jumping up and stabbing at her rump. That's when my grandma flipped the table over and got out with the manager following after her. She didn't even order anything, but when she went back with her church group she said they had pretty good lasagna even if everything, including the food, stinked like feet. At first she didn't know it was based on a movie and she said she probably wouldn't have blacked out the first time if she knew that. Anyways she said good riddance after it was gone and she was glad they turned it into sculpture garden.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When they opened that Chucky's restaurant after that movie got popular my grandma won a free dinner there from a drawing at Ace Hardware. My uncle Stanley and me dropped her off and waited in the car for her to eat since she only won one dinner. About 15 minutes later she came out screaming her head off at the manager. She said it was really dark inside and stinked like feet. This waitress was screaming items off the menu to this table of deaf kids and asking them if they wanted "SWEET OR UNSWEET" and telling them that there's "NO POPTARTS ON THE MENU." She pronounced everything weird and them deaf kids couldn't even read her lips because she pronounced all of her silent "E"s so this other lady had to tell them what the waitress was saying but she must have been screaming at the kids with her hands since it looked like she was doing karate at them. Then she said this little man or kid who looked like Opie from Mayberry came out dressed up like Waldo in overalls and went around to people's tables and threatened them with a steak knife. My grandma said that she's pretty sure she blacked out for a few minutes after that. Then she realized that the waitress was standing at her table and asking her if she wanted anything to drink while that kid was standing right next to her stabbing at her legs and jumping up and stabbing at her rump. That's when my grandma flipped the table over and got out with the manager following after her. She didn't even order anything, but when she went back with her church group she said they had pretty good lasagna even if everything, including the food, stinked like feet. At first she didn't know it was based on a movie and she said she probably wouldn't have blacked out the first time if she knew that. Anyways she said good riddance after it was gone and she was glad they turned it into sculpture garden.

OMG that was your grandmother???

flowerlover

Read last night on Facebook that Genghis Grill in Waldorf, and Einstein Bagels and Fuddruckers in Brandywine all closed in the last week. Plus CIP.

officeguy

Read last night on Facebook that Genghis Grill in Waldorf, and Einstein Bagels and Fuddruckers in Brandywine all closed in the last week. Plus CIP.

I knew the guy who managed the Einstein's when it was in Waldorf. One day the owners told him that they wouldnt renew the lease for the building and to close it down. At the time he had a good crew including a young kid he was training as assistant manager. A couple of months later I meet him in the Brandywine Target interviewing staff for the 'new' location in Brandywine owned by same franchisee. This move looks like a management decision driven by consultants and geographical information systems (GIS) rather than conventional business sense. They were struggling the entire time at the Brandywine location. The rents are high and with the backwards way that shopping center is set up, nobody knows the store is even there. I am surprised they hung on that long.